StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
..when they see their website was linked to a popular suicide forum?
Like the BBC new site I link allot. But also some smaller ones.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sry I a, o srun nd tyign to srepso, ehhe.m. I am not joing, I get waht you mean with the other admins, let me incorcoorapte my willlpower tik ake thilse posts. I'm literallly seeein g codubel e and I dn' know wht th eetdt is UNDERLINED

• Wow
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Sry I a, o srun nd tyign to srepso, ehhe.m. I am not joing, I get waht you mean with the other admins, let me incorcoorapte my willlpower tik ake thilse posts. I'm literallly seeein g codubel e and I dn' know wht th eetdt is UNDERLINED
You Ok bruh? This is classic r/ihadastroke material.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You Ok bruh? This is classic r/ihadastroke material.
Just woke up, I'm fine but still kind of fucked up. Thanks for asking. I don't remember writing this,

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Linked in what way? I'm sure most wouldn't want to be associated in any way shape or form tbh.

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Linked in what way? I'm sure most wouldn't want to be associated in any way shape or form tbh.
Web admins can see what site readers came from (the location of the refering link).
So if I put a link from the bbc website on SS their analyses team will be able to see where the user came from.

Last edited:
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
A popular news site will get linked by all sorts of places, including plenty of weird ones. I don't think this will raise any eyebrows.

Smaller sites who barely get linked at all, except by you, might get freaked out though.

Reactions: Skathon and waived
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This is not so related to this but..
I used to be an admin in a popular game called isketch (pictionary) and I would've get really scared/surprised if that website would've been related to SS on those days lol

• Wow
Reactions: omoidarui
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
This is not so related to this but..
I used to be an admin in a popular game called isketch (pictionary)
holy macaroni i used to play that all the time

Web admins can see what site readers came from (the location of the refering link).
So if I put a link from the bbc website on SS their analyses team will be able to see where the user came from.
I didn't know tht, just another reason not to click links here.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
This was a few years ago, but I remember Cyberweld used to sell small nitrogen tanks online. They realized there was a large amount of traffic coming from this site. So it got to the point that if you visited from a direct link on here you would be redirected to a suicide help page, thanks to the refer header info.

I don't think they carry nitrogen publicly anymore either on their site, as all I can find looking now is just argon, or argon + Co2 mixes.

There was also a controversy about them more recently, because they were selling half full, and at times expired out of date tanks. As the tanks themselves have marking indicators on them to show testing dates. If the tank gets out of date, it is deemed unsafe to have refilled; making it essentially junk.

I remember the "good ol' days" on here when everyone would just post direct links to suppliers of SN and other things. Then the ebay sellers started shutting down, and it became a lot more secretive along the way.