WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
You often hear people regretting that they've dropped out of high school, but personally I regret NOT dropping out of high school. I suffered two extra years of bullying for nothing. I graduated with a high school diploma that I'll never use because I'm mentally ill. I'm not qualified for employment anyways. Why did I stay for two extra fucking years? 730 whole fucking days? I should have cut my suffering short. I'm so stupid. Why was I delusional enough to think I'll amount to anything but a leech? Actually, to begin with, I should have never bothered with public school, I should have been homeschooled, but then I'm still at a risk for bullying. The drop out age is too high, it should be lower, for intellectually disabled people at least. If you can't prove your worth by the end of elementary school or something, then you should be offered a chance of mercy and be allowed to drop out. Well, the better option would be to euthanized instead, but these days I'm thinking I should live a little longer, maybe witness the technological singularity for a chance to utopia. Maybe future technology will come out with a cure for autism, maybe I won't have to suffer anymore with some time.
In the past, I used to always have this fantasy of blowing out my brains in front of the school so the news stations would write articles about me and smear the school's reputation. It's not too late, but the FBI might be monitoring this thread and catch me before it happens and then send me into a psych ward for years, I would rather that not happen. It might be a good form of revenge, and write down the names of every teacher who bullied me.
This is unrelated, but I've gone to the psych ward a stupid amount of times which is threatening to bankrupt my parents. I am fucking retarded. My schizophrenic delusions kept making me think I didn't need pills so I would cut them down. I can't believe how much of a burden I am to my parents. I swear from this moment I'll keep taking

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, Skathon and LastFlowers
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Not dropping out per se, but indeed, like you I regret giving so much time and energy into it, especially since with my high school diploma I can't even get a job. I don't have any memories of that time in general, and my depression was already bad at 14. My brain completely blocked it out.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
You often hear people regretting that they've dropped out of high school, but personally I regret NOT dropping out of high school. I suffered two extra years of bullying for nothing. I graduated with a high school diploma that I'll never use because I'm mentally ill. I'm not qualified for employment anyways. Why did I stay for two extra fucking years? 730 whole fucking days? I should have cut my suffering short. I'm so stupid. Why was I delusional enough to think I'll amount to anything but a leech? Actually, to begin with, I should have never bothered with public school, I should have been homeschooled, but then I'm still at a risk for bullying. The drop out age is too high, it should be lower, for intellectually disabled people at least. If you can't prove your worth by the end of elementary school or something, then you should be offered a chance of mercy and be allowed to drop out. Well, the better option would be to euthanized instead, but these days I'm thinking I should live a little longer, maybe witness the technological singularity for a chance to utopia. Maybe future technology will come out with a cure for autism, maybe I won't have to suffer anymore with some time.
In the past, I used to always have this fantasy of blowing out my brains in front of the school so the news stations would write articles about me and smear the school's reputation. It's not too late, but the FBI might be monitoring this thread and catch me before it happens and then send me into a psych ward for years, I would rather that not happen. It might be a good form of revenge, and write down the names of every teacher who bullied me.
This is unrelated, but I've gone to the psych ward a stupid amount of times which is threatening to bankrupt my parents. I am fucking retarded. My schizophrenic delusions kept making me think I didn't need pills so I would cut them down. I can't believe how much of a burden I am to my parents. I swear from this moment I'll keep taking
I don't know, my life would have been doomed to fail regardless if I chose to drop out or not, however I did not know that at the time. I feel bitter that I worked my ass off and that I suffered through all academics I've gone to.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost and StolenLife
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not so much dropping out of any education I did. I just wish I'd done an apprenticeship rather than a degree. I think they are much more focused on getting you into the world of work. Especially when you want a more skills based job.

Reactions: rationaltake
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Well... I think i don't regret dropping out tbh. Yeah, i am still nothing, but it would be worse if i had dropped out

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
No, I enjoyed going to school.

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
You have the right idea, I'd say. Man, I think about this a lot actually. I did drop out of high school and for ages I regretted it. (The public school literally told me and my mother, "School isn't for lachrymost. We don't have the resources to help her. She should be home schooled." Which of course didn't work either.) After desperately trying to go back to school or hold down a job, I realized I'm not cut out for either of those basic-ass things. Now I think, What the fuck would the point have been? Maybe if I could have found out how to get laid.

I had a lot of academic aspirations early in life. I wanted to be some kind of intellectual (haha), or at least a writer. I doubt that any amount of accommodation or even basic competency from educators would have helped me achieve that, although they truly failed me at every turn. What really makes me laugh now is that I believed what I was told, which was that once I got to post-secondary I could study whatever I was interested in (literature, philosophy, art) exclusively. I would never have to do math again. Looking into the requirements to get an associate degree in English here, you need to study all kinds of shit, including math. So much for "you'll never have to do long division again!" (I'd like to think there are ways around this, but what do I know lol.)

Overall, what I regret most in life happens to be common advice that comes well-recommended by the pertinent professionals. What is supposed to be one of the most obvious ways to fuck up your life from the start (dropping out of high school) was actually the right decision. Gotta love some tragic irony.