V

Voy

May 22, 2019
I got some sort of "depression" 2 years ago, feel a lot of emotional pain and want to ctb all the time. I went to some different therapists and they all act like there's nothing wrong with me, idk if it's mental health care in 3rd world country being shit or what. I keep sticking to the ss community because I don't want to think about anything other than ctb but all the other members are so different from me, all they talk about are how sad/unstable their emotion are or making shitposts I don't understand. Had to take a break from the community because I don't want bad influences but I don't know where else to go.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lucid, puppy9 and Deleted member 14573
Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I don't have any mental illnesses. Neither do the lizard aliens that stalk my posts.

• Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead, shush, Stick and 8 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Had to take a break from the community because I don't want bad influences but I don't know where else to go.
Yes, I understand that. Reading about many other problems people have can have a very negative influence on one's own state of mind.

Reactions: overcomingfear
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I don't have a brain disease, if that's what you're asking. I just live in a crappy world built for and by accountants and lawyers. I, sir, am an artist.

• Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead and Final Escape
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes, I understand that. Reading about many other problems people have can have a very negative influence on one's own state of mind.

You know what, I actually think the opposite. It's good in the sense that it gives you a wider perspective on life in relation to your own problems. I wish this board was around when I was younger as it may've benefited me to hear more of people's struggles before things had gotten too bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Voy, almost_dead and sufferingalways
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
After going to a neuropsychologist I've been diagnosed with "class a depression" and "a personality disorder".
Alright, the "class a depression" I'll accept. These fucks wouldn't survive a week in this body, but, whatever. Not entirely wrong. It's also partially a side effect of my meds.
What the hell is "a personality disorder", though?
Mind you, they didn't say what personality disorder, just that there is one. It turns out that carrying a large bottle around is a personality disorder. I'm thirsty, and I don't want to buy those tiny 0.3l bottles every second, so I carry a bottle. The 0.5l bottles that come with a harness are too small for my needs, and the 3l military "water backpack" thing is too big, so I took a rope, cut a piece, and tied it to the bottle. Turns out knowing the hanger's knot and reusing a nice 1.5l bottle for my needs is considered a personality disorder!

• Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
After going to a neuropsychologist I've been diagnosed with "class a depression" and "a personality disorder".
Alright, the "class a depression" I'll accept. These fucks wouldn't survive a week in this body, but, whatever. Not entirely wrong. It's also partially a side effect of my meds.
Mind you, they didn't say what personality disorder, just that there is one. It turns out that carrying a large bottle around is a personality disorder. I'm thirsty, and I don't want to buy those tiny 0.3l bottles every second, so I carry a bottle. The 0.5l bottles that come with a harness are too small for my needs, and the 3l military "water backpack" thing is too big, so I took a rope, cut a piece, and tied it to the bottle. Turns out knowing the hanger's knot and reusing a nice 1.5l bottle for my needs is considered a personality disorder!

The field of mental health uses diagnostic labels based on a cluster of traits that these professionals have agreed are the foundation to guide in the formal diagnosis of a patient. It's somewhat like an "artistic endeavor" IMO, and less so like a "scientific field". In other words, this stuff isn't black and white. Envision ten people admiring an abstract painting inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Each could have their own interpretation as to the meaning of the painting. Psychiatry is kind of like that. Studies in the field have shown that if five mental health experts are each listening to the exact same patient's presentation that each of the five experts independently could conclude a different diagnosis.

Thus, don't potentially be rattled by a potential "personality disorder" diagnosis at this stage.

I'm in the states, here experts use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders. The abbreviation is DSM - 5. (The 5 represents the fifth edition). Essentially this is the field's "bible". However, this "bible" is merely a guide to help govern the diagnostic tools.

Here is the specifics with your situation. It is extremely unlikely that a competent mental health professional would diagnosis you with a potential personality disorder exclusively based on your water bottle size and your hangman knot. The potential "quirkiness" of having a noose does not come close to meeting the minimum threshold of any cluster of traits for any of the specific personality disorder types, IMO.

Hopefully, you're meeting this professional again, and I'll suggest for you to do the following. First, go in the mind set that this person is not an adversary and can potentially help you to better understand yourself. But, be careful concerning the disclosure of any potential CTB ideas, otherwise you run the potential risk of an involuntary psychiatric hold. Next, bring a note pad and pen. Ask your neuroscientist this, "based on how I presented last time, what led you to conclude that I have a personality disorder". Write down everything he says. These should be "the traits" that led this person to your diagnosis. If this person.says, "your water bottle is too big and you have a hangman noose". Ask them, "what else"? If they say, "that is it". Ask, "what exact personality disorder does this behavior fall under"? Listen closely; take great notes.

I suspect this professional is seeing aspects within your presentation that led to the personality disorder conclusion, but you need to clarify. Ask, "what is the exact disorder."

You need to know the exact disorder this person correctly or incorrectly suspects. It's kind of like your primary physican telling you that you have a broken bone in your body, but with out telling you where in your body your bone is broken. How does that help? Same concept with this generic personality disorder claim, IMO. You need clarification.

Once you clarify the label you can access the DSM -5 (or DSM -4) within most US libraries with any decent sized population base. With Covid, you'll likely need to figure out how to access this through an online library. If your outside the US, you'll have to figure out what your particular country utilizes for it's diagnostics. If within the UK or Europe, I'm sure someone else on SS could tell you what is used for diagnostics.

When you get to this point, feel free to "tag me", and I can guide you through the DSM, if you need assistance.

Fyi, I'm not a mental health professional, but for whatever it's worth, my undergrad was in psych, and I've spent plus or minus 100 hours with five different psychiatrists attempting to better understand my own personal mental health issues and to coordinate a treatment plan suitable for myself. In addition, I've spent 80 hours roughly with two separate psychologists trying to better understand and help myself. Further, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours educating myself concerning mental health theories for my particular isssues, manufacturers data pertaining to drug efficacy, reading scientific papers on Pub Med, etc., etc. Don't hesitate to request suggestions.

Try not to let the process or any potential fear overwhelm you. Just stay on your toes about any potential CTB topics. Lots of potential mine fields down that road, especially if your unskilled in your delivery.

If you have questions before hand, let me know, and I'll advise you to the best of my abilities.

And, as an aside, where are all my buddies from undergrad who told me my psych degree would never come in handy? Finally, after all these years....

Take care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Sensei, almost_dead and 3 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019

Shrinks are such quacks. It's a shame that they are still taken seriously by society.

• Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead and esse_est_percipi
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
The field of mental health uses diagnostic labels based on a cluster of traits that these professionals have agreed are the foundation to guide in the formal diagnosis of a patient. It's somewhat like an "artistic endeavor" IMO, and less so like a "scientific field". In other words, this stuff isn't black and white. Envision ten people admiring an abstract painting inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Each could have their own interpretation as to the meaning of the painting. Psychiatry is kind of like that. Studies in the field have shown that if five mental health experts are each listening to the exact same patient's presentation that each of the five experts independently could conclude a different diagnosis.

Thus, don't potentially be rattled by a potential "personality disorder" diagnosis at this stage.

I'm in the states, here experts use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders. The abbreviation is DSM - 5. (The 5 represents the fifth edition). Essentially this is the field's "bible". However, this "bible" is merely a guide to help govern the diagnostic tools.

Here is the specifics with your situation. It is extremely unlikely that a competent mental health professional would diagnosis you with a potential personality disorder exclusively based on your water bottle size and your hangman knot. The potential "quirkiness" of having a noose does not come close to meeting the minimum threshold of any cluster of traits for any of the specific personality disorder types, IMO.

Hopefully, you're meeting this professional again, and I'll suggest for you to do the following. First, go in the mind set that this person is not an adversary and can potentially help you to better understand yourself. But, be careful concerning the disclosure of any potential CTB ideas, otherwise you run the potential risk of an involuntary psychiatric hold. Next, bring a note pad and pen. Ask your neuroscientist this, "based on how I presented last time, what led you to conclude that I have a personality disorder". Write down everything he says. These should be "the traits" that led this person to your diagnosis. If this person.says, "your water bottle is too big and you have a hangman noose". Ask them, "what else"? If they say, "that is it". Ask, "what exact personality disorder does this behavior fall under"? Listen closely; take great notes.

I suspect this professional is seeing aspects within your presentation that led to the personality disorder conclusion, but you need to clarify. Ask, "what is the exact disorder."

You need to know the exact disorder this person correctly or incorrectly suspects. It's kind of like your primary physican telling you that you have a broken bone in your body, but with out telling you where in your body your bone is broken. How does that help? Same concept with this generic personality disorder claim, IMO. You need clarification.

Once you clarify the label you can access the DSM -5 (or DSM -4) within most US libraries with any decent sized population base. With Covid, you'll likely need to figure out how to access this through an online library. If your outside the US, you'll have to figure out what your particular country utilizes for it's diagnostics. If within the UK or Europe, I'm sure someone else on SS could tell you what is used for diagnostics.

When you get to this point, feel free to "tag me", and I can guide you through the DSM, if you need assistance.

Fyi, I'm not a mental health professional, but for whatever it's worth, my undergrad was in psych, and I've spent plus or minus 100 hours with five different psychiatrists attempting to better understand my own personal mental health issues and to coordinate a treatment plan suitable for myself. In addition, I've spent 80 hours roughly with two separate psychologists trying to better understand and help myself. Further, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours educating myself concerning mental health theories for my particular isssues, manufacturers data pertaining to drug efficacy, reading scientific papers on Pub Med, etc., etc. Don't hesitate to request suggestions.

Try not to let the process or any potential fear overwhelm you. Just stay on your toes about any potential CTB topics. Lots of potential mine fields down that road, especially if your unskilled in your delivery.

If you have questions before hand, let me know, and I'll advise you to the best of my abilities.

And, as an aside, where are all my buddies from undergrad who told me my psych degree would never come in handy? Finally, after all these years....

Take care.

Wow that's a very in depth post, thank you! (Although I know you weren't aiming it at me)
I study along similar lines, here in the UK, to better understand my issues. Would love to chat more with you about what you have learnt. Another day. Would that be okay?

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Shrinks are such quacks. It's a shame that they are still taken seriously by society.
I know.
They just love the power they have over vulnerable individuals.
Psychiatry is a profit-driven business and psychiatrists are just above board drug dealers.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead and Wayfaerer
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Please anyone feel free to reach out to me here, or "tag me" - doubtful I'm going to want to do PMs....time will tell. I'm a lurker and am reclusive; and historically, I have had zero desire to chime in on any forum. I'm older than most here (middle aged), and I'm generally fine vicariously learning and observing - just my personal style. I'm a student of human behavior and kudos for helping me advance my perceived knowledge base, in this regard, over these past ten months.

I'll probably do a thread on my story, because I know many of you people, fairly well in some cases from watching some intriguing post history over the past ten months; and, it's only fair for me to try level the playing field by reveling myself to you all, since you guys some how magically "sucked me in" to this forum.

I don't understand what exactly happened these last couple of days, but there are several threads that were just were "screaming for me" to jump into "to try and add some potential value", including that four thread, nine page deep, he said, she stuff. I really feel the overwhelming need to share my personal perspective, correct or incorrect, to perhaps have others think twice about what exactly is potentially before you and how best to consider the skill set, motives, and objectives of these individuals before the whole house of cards unravels, as we all watched.

Next, I watched a member illustrate to my non trained eye, a potenrial psychotic episode without anyone really reaching out. But, i undrstand this stuff is complex. I litterally was up all night thinking how best to respond to that individual, who was reaching out to a board somewhat filled with those rightfully claiming "no one hears me IRL, when I disclose my suicidal thoughts". And, frankly, for me I kept watching and waiting for anyone to jump in to help this person who was reaching out for help, in real time, but their thread sunk deeper and deeper into the feed unassisted. The second I got approved today by the mods to join I tracked that thread down and reached out to someone seemingly in a bad state. I'll go deeper later. But, to me, correct or incorrect, I perceived a tiny taste irony in that particular situation. Perhaps someone will consider what I'm suggesting, and see it a similar fashion.

Take care.

• Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I watched a member illustrate to my non trained eye, a potenrial psychotic episode without anyone really reaching out
are you referring to the member with the name 'obsessedsexhorny' or something along those lines?
My initial impression was that they were an attention seeker, especially when they started talking about killing and making death threats.
But maybe you're talking about someone else

I think you're right though.
It's possibly the case that occasionally people on here desperately reach out for help during psychotic episodes, but just get ignored or dismissed as attention seekers or trolls.

Last edited:
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for trusting and sharing the jest of your session with me. But, YOU NEED TO IMMEDIATELY TAG THE MODS ASKING THEM TO DELETE YOUR LAST POST ALONG WITH THIS REPLY FROM ME, IMO, because you're inadvertently leaving a potentially easy trail for someone to doxx you. What if participant from your session is lurking here? They will know exactly who you are. Zero judgment from me, easy mistake to make.

I will respond to you by tagging in my next post.
There's a delete button. I've used it. I'm pretty sure it works alright... does it...?

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
If you feel a bit depressed sometimes than you might be depressed, maybe not as the rest of us which is good. Wish I was like you.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
are you referring to the member with the name 'obsessedsexhorny' or something along those lines?
My initial impression was that they were an attention seeker, especially when they started talking about killing and making death threats.
But maybe you're talking about someone else

I think you're right though.
It's possibly the case that occasionally people on here desperately reach out for help during psychotic episodes, but just get ignored or dismissed as attention seekers or trolls.

It was someone else actually. And, of course there is always the risk of someone trolling, but I figure better to be some troll's laughing stalk vs the worst case alternative. I'm older and more secure vs when I was younger so no biggie if there is someone laughing at me behind the scenes, because I took their spoof seriously. Frankly, I would feel better if this were the case vs someone going through an episode. Hope it was a troll and my falling into the trap led them to laugh hysterically at my gullibility. I'm cool being the butt of someone's joke. Ideally, Six 18 year old college kids were yanking my chain from their dorm room. The thought of this makes me smile, frankly. Plus, I have an incredible quirky and sophomoric sense of humor,, and unfortunately I could easily see my something doimg a troll post like this had the internet and SS been around when I was 18.

Bottomline, thank you for pointing out this trolling potential to me, I took this as your helping me to potentially help myself.
There's a delete button. I've used it. I'm pretty sure it works alright... does it...?

See it. Looks like we got rid of it. Second day posting here and still learning.
I'm posting from my Android. It's incredibly cumbersome to compose a post on SS from a phone. Is everyone else posting on a tablet or laptop? It is a nightmare on my end.

I'm disconnected at home - no tv or Internet, so I took my laptop to try and post from McDonald's this morning, but looks like they blocked my access to SS. Tried through Google as my browser. Should I try next time through Firefox? Picture giving your dad ideas what to do when helping me with this based on my age and general lack of IT knowledge.

And, I figured out how to use a VPN on my phone yesterday, but after a two minute google search this morning I did not see how to get a VPN SAFELY into my laptop.

Bottomline, I'm incredibly impatient, one of my laundry list of flaws, and typing here, on SS, on my phone is driving me nuts.

Can someone please tell me how to log into SS on my laptop through the free McDonald's WiFi without being blocked. If possible, and teach me how to get a VPN safely into my laptop. Fyi, zero issues getting other web sites from McDonalds. Gracias.

Fyi. I get my morning coffee at McDonald's, so I can post there theoretically each day. (see, even my leaving this trail of info leaves a little trail of crumbs to figure our my time zone based in future postings - but I'm really logically and will protect myself by never leaving to many crumbs for myself to be doxxed by a pro-lifer, or anyone else who knows me and my story IRL.........knock on wood).
I'm posting from my Android. It's incredibly cumbersome to compose a post on SS from a phone. Is everyone else posting on a tablet or laptop? It is a nightmare on my end.

I'm disconnected at home - no tv or Internet, so I took my laptop to try and post from McDonald's this morning, but looks like they blocked my access to SS. Tried through Google as my browser. Should I try next time through Firefox? Picture giving your dad ideas what to do when helping me with this based on my age and general lack of IT knowledge.

And, I figured out how to use a VPN on my phone yesterday, but after a two minute google search this morning I did not see how to get a VPN SAFELY into my laptop.

Bottomline, I'm incredibly impatient, one of my laundry list of flaws, and typing here, on SS, on my phone is driving me nuts.

Can someone please tell me how to log into SS on my laptop through the free McDonald's WiFi without being blocked. If possible, and teach me how to get a VPN safely into my laptop. Fyi, zero issues getting other web sites from McDonalds. Gracias.

Fyi. I get my morning coffee at McDonald's, so I can post there theoretically each day. (see, even my leaving this trail of info leaves a little trail of crumbs to figure our my time zone based in future postings - but I'm really logically and will protect myself by never leaving to many crumbs for myself to be doxxed by a pro-lifer, or anyone else who knows me and my story IRL.........knock on wood).

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
One needs to be super careful when posting here, so as not to be doxxed. While lurking here for 10 months I followed @marcusuk63 's story closely as I enjoy reading his post. Plus, he is a similar age to me, so I have additional types of experiences to him, just based on the fact that we both are middle aged. Perhaps, if interested, you can read @marcusuk63 's post history to learn what happened to him recently. I believe he is in the UK too. I'm 99% sure I'm tagging the correct poster, but he changed his avatar recently and I always used the avatar for recognition.

Based on his story of getting doxxed, it is a large reason I had you delete your post that was reveling personal information.
@Compodulator I did not read your session interaction as thoroughly I would have liked, because I wanted you to get it deleted quickly, but here was my general sense. First, I was paranoid of the mental health field just as you are, when I was younger. For me, it was just lack of knowledge as to how the field works and not knowing what my personal outcome could be. Seems perhaps you feel the same way? However, with this said, I would suggest you consider a couple things. First, maybe cut back on the jokes with those people. Have you ever watched the academy award winning movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"? Great movie. Highly recommend it. The movie will underscore the concept of not joking around too much with these people. I took your joking as a possible anxiety response, if you are like me, since I joke around all the time when I'm nervous. Who knows how these people will take it? Better safe than sorry.

Next, how incredibly silly on their part, but try and comply with the "hot bottons" with these people. If having the noose around your neck and bringing the huge container of water is a problem for these people, then they are observing if you are willing to comply with their desires. I highly suggest you comply. Maybe, ask a tongue in check question regarding how large a bottle they would prefer you carry. Fyi, in my younger years everyone saw me carrying either a super big gulp from 7/11 or a 2 liter bottle full of diet Pepsi, because like you, I too was always thirsty. All my friends used to tease me for this, but in no way was this inductive of any of mental health issue.

Lots of people have mental health issues - myself included. Nothing to ashamed of.

Great choice in beer. Guinness is my choice in beer, as well. I've shared with my psychiatrist that I always obtained way better mental health benefits from a couple of pints vs any psychiatric medication. Hence, why so many people with mental health challenges self medicate with drugs, tobacco and/or alcohol. But, because of food intolerances to everything, including beer, I seldom drink any more. Maybe once or twice per year.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marcusuk63