• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
Like the title says I'm looking to buy either type of gun to ctb with. I reserved a hotel in Manchester recently because I heard that the gun laws here in NH are much more relaxed here compared to NY.

The problem is that when I went to the nearest bass pro shop to buy a 12 guage shotgun they couldn't sell me one because my ID says I'm from NYC, and that place has different restrictions compared to the rest of NY. According to federal law I have to meet the requirements of both NH and NYC to buy a gun so that really bummed me out.

I did some googling and found out muzzleloaded and antique guns aren't considered firearms by federal law so I thought I might take a chance buying one of those instead. I tried looking for the regulations for those types of guns in nyc but I couldn't really find anything specifically about NYC, only about the entire state of NY.

If anyone has any insight into buying those types of guns out of state while being a NYC resident that'd be a big help since I don't have much time left at the hotel I'm staying at. I'm also unsure as to which muzzleloaded/antique gun I should use to ctb. Probably something similar to a shotgun but I'm not so well versed in that subject so I wouldn't know for sure unless I do some research on my own.

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I think I've read something about this on the guns mega thread. You could try checking there. I wish you luck.

Upvote 0
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
What kind of gun were you trying to buy? NYC has some particularly stringent rules about "assault weapons," but that shouldn't be an issue for you. You don't need something that can be used in urban combat. You need a gun that will fire exactly one cartridge.

I wouldn't recommend using a muzzle-loading gun as a method to ctb, either. Keeping everything as simple as possible while you're under a lot of stress is preferable.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
Upvote 0
Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
What kind of gun were you trying to buy? NYC has some particularly stringent rules about "assault weapons," but that shouldn't be an issue for you. You don't need something that can be used in urban combat. You need a gun that will fire exactly one cartridge.

I wouldn't recommend using a muzzle-loading gun as a method to ctb, either. Keeping everything as simple as possible while you're under a lot of stress is preferable.
I was looking for a 12 guage shotgun, although I was turned away because all firearms require permits in nyc even if it's a long gun and not an assault weapon. That's why I'm looking for muzzleloaded guns because I'm pretty sure they aren't considered firearms.

Upvote 0
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
how is a 12 gauge shotgun a muzzle loader?

Upvote 0
Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
how is a 12 gauge shotgun a muzzle loader?
It's not, it was just the type of gun I was trying to buy before I found out that I still have to follow nyc law even though I'm buying and using the gun in a completely different state. I don't know much about muzzle loaders yet since I never planned on getting one until now so I'm not sure if they are even made with a 12 gauge or not.

Upvote 0
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
ok. so you buy the gun. what will you load it with? i didn't know gunpowder was so available.

Upvote 0