U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I've been thinking lately about if I would have been born regardless of if my parents had me or not. I imagine that science can only comment so much on this considering what a big question it is but think that there must be some sort of hints or discussion surrounding this topic at the very least. I hope that the outcome will be for this to end once and for all when my day comes but am scared of the possibility that it could start over again. I'm not invested in any spiritual beliefs and never put much faith in reincarnation or anything like that but what if there could be a scientific reason for something like this to happen? This would be extremely bad news as far as I am concerned because I obviously just never want to go through this again and already find it a sick enough joke on behalf of existence without any additional tricks being played on me.

Does anyone have any opinions on the matter or suggestions of scientific resources that could hopefully ease my mind? I mean if this really is my only life, that is comforting because it isn't going to be so long in the grand scheme whether I ctb tomorrow or in the next decade but what are the odds of there being some uninvited continuation or recycling of consciousness? Again, I welcome any insight that can prove this to be unlikely. I typically would see this type of thought as silly or at least irrational but it keeps bugging me as of recently. On the other side of the coin, I still find my longing to leave being poisoned by fears of hell despite wholeheartedly understanding that there is no logical reason to think this could be the outcome... Ugh, how I hate the fears that others have planted in my head.

It's such an absolutely awful thing to feel like the body that you spawned in was created to be escaped, only to be obstructed by these barriers... What a life this is.

AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
the 'scientific' and most realistic answer is that no, reincarnation doesnt exist. that would assume a soul exists which it doesnt. i think ur looking at life the wrong way, 'life' is literally just your brain, once your brain is dead, 'you' are dead. when a new life is born, there isnt a soul or some life essence given to it, its just another brain in another body. unless someone put your brain in another body, there will be no more 'you' once youre dead
i guess no one can prove it doesnt exist, but there is 0 actual evidence or logic in favour of it existing. the only reason so many people believe in it is because theyre scared of death being the end, and they like to believe they and their family will meet again after death, the idea of reincarnation brings them comfort. but realistically it is nothing more than that, a lie to help them sleep better at night

Reactions: Jarni
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
The article about scientific proofs of reincarnation quoted in this post is really confusing:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...carnated-as-when-you-ctb.105692/#post-1815600

I really hope it is wrong and there is another explanation... Because memories are also in the brain. How memories could be kept without functional brain. Even brain damaged people have lots of problems with memories. The scientists should explain this in details.

If reincarnation exists it is the worst thing ever...

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
the 'scientific' and most realistic answer is that no, reincarnation doesnt exist. that would assume a soul exists which it doesnt. i think ur looking at life the wrong way, 'life' is literally just your brain, once your brain is dead, 'you' are dead. when a new life is born, there isnt a soul or some life essence given to it, its just another brain in another body. unless someone put your brain in another body, there will be no more 'you' once youre dead
i guess no one can prove it doesnt exist, but there is 0 actual evidence or logic in favour of it existing. the only reason so many people believe in it is because theyre scared of death being the end, and they like to believe they and their family will meet again after death, the idea of reincarnation brings them comfort. but realistically it is nothing more than that, a lie to help them sleep better at night
I definitely trust science over stories that humans created as coping mechanisms. I can't wait for this to be over. Thanks for the comment.