N

NickiStix

Dec 13, 2021
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with Switzerland's assisted suicide program or knew anyone that went to it? I have a severely incapacitating disability and have been considering applying in the future. Also how do you get over the fear aspect of dying?

Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: lmon and Dead Meat
FlyingFR

FlyingFR

Jan 9, 2024
yes there is a pod in which nitrogen gas fills up ultimately leading to asphyxiation and a painless death.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
yes there is a pod in which nitrogen gas fills up ultimately leading to asphyxiation and a painless death.

Ths = a proto-typ machne & nt typclly usd in Switrlznd

Reactions: Slow_Farewell
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Havent gone to Switzerland, but did look into it when I was researching my own.
So it is Medically Assisted, meaning there is a doctor and a nurse to administer whatever medication they used. As far as I can remember it's through IV.
What @Dot & @FlyingFR are referring to is something called a SarcoPod, which is currently under testing/approval in Switzerland. The builder/inventor promised to make the plans available (it's allegedly 3D printer-friendly) but they havent done so yet.
Going back, for facilities that do offer the service of Assisted Dying, I believe you need to submit your medical documents first for review. I believe there are 2 or 3 rounds of review, so it's like a job interview, i guess.
Once you pass these reviews you'd need to go there to have their doctors examine you and confirm the information that's on the documents that you initially submitted for review.
If you're successful, that's when you get to discuss details like date, time, location, what to do with your body after, etc. I believe you're supposed to have a next of kin and or witness with you for your personal effects after.