A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
Does anyone get upset, disappointed when you post something and then get no replies. Is it just me? I feel like a loser, constantly checking and hoping to get replies, im even embraced to say it.
I don't have anyone I can talk to about my true feelings and thoughts. It feels very lonely and I also have nothing to do but just be locked up at home away from society or anybody for that sake. I spend my time in complete emotional pain, it's torturous. I know I've said this in previous posts but I'm so angry and just don't understand why good people have to suffer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash, Joarga, Loona6546645 and 10 others
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Always, but ppl here are suicidal so not ideal to expect a reliable reply...

Reactions: Ash, Loona6546645 and GoatHerder
AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
I do sometimes yeah. I think its completely rational to spend your time on a forum, which is meant for communication and conversation and then to be upset when your tread isnt interacted with. Thats why I spend more of my time in the chat room. Hard to get ignored there.

Reactions: Loona6546645, lacrimosa and alltoomuch2
GetReadyy

GetReadyy

Aug 15, 2024
Hey! I'm here to listen to you. What's the problem? Is it just loneliness

A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
Always, but ppl here are suicidal so not ideal to expect a reliable reply...
That's true when I'm in severe pain it's hard for me to reply to anyone, so I should understand.
I do sometimes yeah. I think its completely rational to spend your time on a forum, which is meant for communication and conversation and then to be upset when your tread isnt interacted with. Thats why I spend more of my time in the chat room. Hard to get ignored there.
I would go on the chat room too but I'm a complete technological idiot and type super slow, since I don't message with anyone so it's really hard for me to keep up.

Reactions: lacrimosa
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
Yes, more than I care to admit lol. Seeing a bunch of those little red notification icons gives me a nice little hit of dopamine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, Loona6546645 and lacrimosa
Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
I do, and not just here. I post something on this and other forums and keep checking back. Makes me feel a little better if someone is paying attention. :-)

Reactions: Loona6546645, lacrimosa and agony1996
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
It's completely normal, everyone needs attention and love, humans are designed like this, you can interact with the chat there is awesome people there ^^

• Love
Reactions: lacrimosa and Temporal_Anchorite
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
Wow same…I thought it was only me

You're definitely not alone. Like other users have pointed out, wanting social validation from other humans is completely normal.

Ngl, I feel a wave of embarrassment/shame if I leave comment and it gets absolutely zero engagement (i know it may sound egomaniacal or narcissistic, but it's true!), especially if I'm sharing a more vulnerable or personal reflection. To cope with this, I may just leave a bunch of comments on various different posts and hope to forget them later lol.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Every day.

A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
You're definitely not alone. Like other users have pointed out, wanting social validation from other humans is completely normal.

Ngl, I feel a wave of embarrassment/shame if I leave comment and it gets absolutely zero engagement (i know it may sound egomaniacal or narcissistic, but it's true!), especially if I'm sharing a more vulnerable or personal reflection. To cope with this, I may just leave a bunch of comments on various different posts and hope to forget them later lol.
I could have written this myself. You managed to make me laugh when you said you get embarrassed if you leave a comment and get zero engagement.
Thanks for that I needed it 🙏

• Yay!
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite and lacrimosa
DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
Here have a reply friend :)

• Love
Reactions: agony1996, GoatHerder and lacrimosa