nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've had deaths of a few family members and at the funerals, people told me "it was okay to cry". The thing is, I didn't really feel anything. I wasn't trying to hold back tears but I guess I don't really view death as a bad thing.

It seems though that it might be related with my ASPD according to my psychiatrist. Most people seem to find the death of a loved one, very devastating if not the most devastating thing that can happen in their life. That just isn't the case with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, mediocre, Xiaomi and 1 other person
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
I've barely grieved all of my immediate family deaths so far but I chalk it up to never having been too close with any of them – even my mother.

Reactions: sadghost
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
this is a tricky topic for me, i can tap into two mind states, grief for an imaginary partner and loved one, and no grief for family members, my dad died years ago and it felt very liberating, same thing if any family member dies i would feel free from their judgment or any responsibility due to them, i should look as you mentioned into aspd

Reactions: sadghost
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
The only family member death I've experienced didn't make me cry or feel very sad either, and it might be because I didn't feel very close to them, and it might also be because I don't view death as bad. It's most likely the former though, considering I don't know if I thought about death like that back then, as well as the fact that people don't tend to feel too sad for people they're not close to who die, even if they view death as bad. I don't feel like a heartless monster though, because I still have a sense of wanting people to be happy and not suffer. It's just that not feeling connected to anyone means I don't have many personal feelings about it. I suppose I just feel distanced, from my family and my friends.

Reactions: sadghost, inactive and VIBRITANNIA
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've yet to really cry about somebody's death. Until earlier this year, the only deaths I had experienced were of celebrities from things I was a fan of. Those affected me deeply but not enough to cry it seems.

Earlier this year right before the pandemic, my grandfather died and so did my grandmother a week later. I have no idea how they died and though I was invited to their funerals, I chose not to show up because my father who I've cut all ties with was just using the funerals as an excuse to see me and probably to manipulate me in some way. I found other ways to pay my respects and give tribute but sometimes I still feel a bit guilty that my own fear of my dad prevented me from attending his parents' funerals. I get that they were probably at least partly responsible for how my dad turned out but at least to me they were really nice. I sometimes feel emptier without them yet still I have not formally cried yet.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't really grieve in the sense of crying or tears. Even if I forced myself to shed tears, I just couldn't. Sometimes I think that maybe my mind is wired differently from most others and I simply just don't have the ability to shed tears on command. Then again, other things that hit me hard, sometimes I just can't hold back the tears (it comes on it's own), in situations of being heavily scolded or verbally threatened. I don't know why I do in such instances, but I guess it could be due to the FoF (Fight or Flight) instinct.

H

herondale

Aug 17, 2020
I do just not in front of family or relatives. News just came in that someone died, we're at the wake, at the funeral, and everyone is crying or trying not to. And I am just there standing and the tears just won't come out unless I get back home and in the comfort of my room. But do you really have to cry when you are grieving? Do you think it will make you feel better all the time?

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I'm very prone to crying. I feel everything.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I don't feel loneliness. I've never had someone close to me die but I suspect it won't hit me hard.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I was happy for my father's death, and didn't care about my uncle's and great grandmother's.

Reactions: dieornottodie
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Depression numbs everything I guess. It seems like we've run out of tears to cry.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
When someone close to me dies I don't feel sadness or cry I just feel anxiety. I've always thought it was weird.

almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
I've had deaths of a few family members and at the funerals, people told me "it was okay to cry". The thing is, I didn't really feel anything. I wasn't trying to hold back tears but I guess I don't really view death as a bad thing.

It seems though that it might be related with my ASPD according to my psychiatrist. Most people seem to find the death of a loved one, very devastating if not the most devastating thing that can happen in their life. That just isn't the case with me.
I dont see the problem LOL . I am in the state "almost crying" thru the day

Reactions: Meditation guide