Me. I can hardly leave my house or tolerate voices

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: offramp, Pho3nix, glitxo and 1 other person
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
I have hyperacusis and misophonia. The sounds of coughing, sneezing, yawning loudly and sniffing make me rage. It all stems from my asshole father making these sounds deliberately to annoy me in a passive aggressive way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I have hyperacusis and misophonia. The sounds of coughing, sneezing, yawning loudly and sniffing make me rage. It all stems from my asshole father making these sounds deliberately to annoy me in a passive aggressive way.
My dad is literally the same he just yelled at me on purpose an hour ago.. how did you get H?

• Aww..
Reactions: Pho3nix
Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
How did u get it?

Acoustic trauma, loud music how about you?

I have miso in addition to H too. It has gotten worse since my H developed and my list of triggers got longer

• Aww..
Reactions: Pho3nix
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
My dad is literally the same he just yelled at me on purpose an hour ago.. how did you get H?
I think I got hyperacusis due to the asshole dad roaring at me in rage almost every day. He would literally scream that he was going to kill me and swear at me. The hyperacusis ties in with my CPTSD and hypervigilance that I developed due to years of abuse. Any loud noises still make me jump and my head starts spinning if I'm in a room where people talk loudly.

Last edited:
O

offramp

Sep 9, 2020
Me as well, acoustic trauma from an MRI. I found cutting back on eating salt seems to help a bit. How long have you been dealing with it?