Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Hi!
So i have planed to take a trip to the Amazonas jungle to have my first Ayahausca experience, long story short; I've heard of many mind blowing healing (ptsd, depression, ocd,..) experiences and to be honest its my last resource, its my last hope for a better life.
I've always wanted to try it. Most psychedelics have healing properties, my first lsd experience cured my depression long ago and it was fantastic.
Unfortunately the problems i currently deal with are way bigger, i suffer from ptsd and many other psychological issues which i cant fix that easily, traditional western medicine is horrible at curing chronic issues, i tried most things now, without improvement.
My last hope will be that Ayahuasca experience, I actually believe it might heal my issues or lead me towards healing..

Its my last hope, if this wont help me either, im absolutely fine with ctb, i've tried all i could. Maybe im not supposed to live any longer then,
this life i'm currently living is not worth the effort and pain i daily deal with..

i found peace with this last try/plan now, i wonder if some people here have already tried ayahuasca or lighter psychedelics and could cured their ptsd as example?

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick and GoodPersonEffed
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I tried ayahuasca in Bolivia near Rurrenabaque. It's absolutely disgusting and made me vomit and shit like mad, along with almost everyone else, even after fasting for 24 hours beforehand and eating only fruit for 48 hours before that. The trip is a hallucinogenic one that feels very real but sort of like being in a different dimension. Mine centred around a massive silent python guiding me through what seemed like epic journeys on different planes. We all took notes about it and the shaman interpreted them in obscure ways, all of which I ultimately discarded.

There are widely diverging experiences with it, I guess like any hallucinogen. It's not something I'd have any interest in trying again personally. Not just because of how much the body hates it but because the trips can get quite scary - you don't always go to the sort of places you want to go!

That said, as a last resort, I'd say it's the sort of thing that is potentially intense enough to make a difference if you believe in it so I wouldn't necessarily discourage it. Just be aware of what you're in for.

• Love
Reactions: Stick and _Minsk
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I heard of it years ago when everyone I knew was trying every drug under the sun. Don't know that much about it though, only the tales of euphoria and other wordlyness.

Joe Rogan seems to discuss it a lot, but then he's a stoner, he talks about anything and half the time its nonsense. Kinda why I like him, he's got no self awareness or censor button in his head. Just chats shit like your mates do when they're off their heads.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
very much recommended!!
it is not a cure imo (i dont see my self as a problem) i got cptsd bpd etc..
and its more than a psychedelic mate..
its obv v individual and youll need a good shaman and if your serious you will have to follow through with detox etc..
for me (but i got a long relationship with drugs) and i like to take to the extreme and have a "problem" (lol) with doing things just recreationally..
these methods are more like a bit of a system reboot and imo youll have to do it multiple times..
luck and enjoy and peace x

• Love
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
my brother and his girlfriend tried it and absolutely hated it, it didn't changed anything about their lives. but many people from their group also tried it and it was a good experience for a lot of them, some even changed some of their worldviews. so as with all drugs that exist, your mileage may vary.

but if you decide to try it, then be prepared for a night of violent vomiting.

• Love
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
A friend of mine did a couple of sessions. She's a very changed person... Id love to try it, but can't, im full of medication

• Hugs
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I did a sizeable dose of DMT a couple weekends ago and as awful as the experience was, i cannot deny it has helped me a lot in my recovery. Perhaps more quickly than I was ready for.

The vomiting/purging has this association of emotional catharsis. That happened to me, and i think i felt better after purging.

As others have said it is not a cure. But used responsibly it can be a great help. I am still processing what happened and trying to recover, so unfortunately i cannot give more insights into my own experience.

• Love
A

andresantosfx

Jul 1, 2020
I did ayahuasca yesterday. I live in Brazil and here is legal but only for religious purposes, so I went to a shamanist temple where they do it with a few more hallucinogenics substances from the indigenous culture from Amazon. As a DMT based substance I would say that is similar to LSD and MDMA in some ways, but stronger, at least for me. Their ritual lasts for almost 6 hours and I was tripping really heavy for at least 3 of those 6 hours. It was a really psychedelic experience, very beautiful, I have to say. I could deal with traumas that I just can't with regular therapy. It's important to say that I was in a controlled environment so I had a really amazing experience. I would say that is like having a few years of therapy in a few hours. For me, it was a life-changing experience, and I definitely see a huge potential for the therapeutic use of ayahuasca and DMT based substances in general. By the way, I didn't puke at all.

• Love
Reactions: Stick