thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I'm doing some research on it. I'd like to know if anyone here has it and what your experience has been like living with it. Have you had trouble holding down a job or forming relationships? Do you spend your time fantasizing to the point where it has a negative impact on your life?

Reactions: Lethe and Circles
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I been told I have it but sometimes I tend to say things inappropriately not to offend lighten up the mood but of course others seem to not have schizoid personality I don't agree with the disorder for it may become a stereotype and sometimes they also seem to be schizoid and don't seem to pick up on my social cues but maybe I got that wrong.

For me it isn't hard for me to make relationships to a certain degree but sometimes I don't really bother with trying to make relationships.

Last edited:
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I've suspected that I have it, but doctors say I have high-functioning autism. I don't think they're that different, they involve living in your head all the time. But yeah I don't make relationships irl and I have no interest in doing so.

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I suspected I was schizoid years ago but now I suspect high functioning autism too. It was odd. I used to push myself to be sociable even though I didn't want to be, cus I knew it was the accepted thing.

Reactions: OnlyMercy, CuriousAboutThis and Lethe
leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
i've been in the mental house and was diagnosed with it.

my experience - i gave up studying in the university because i was completely alone in the city so far away, my groupmates were mean and teaches rude. i never had a girlfriend, don't think that's a great loss but still. to be honest, i haven't had a lot of friends. in the school i was some dim, silent guy with whom no one talked, but in the last classes i've managed to make some friends. i avoid eyecontacting with passers by, i avoid crowds of peers. in the mental house itself i was bullied because i didn't talk to anyone, it was actually a hell.

right now i have to find a job in order to rent a flat and live alone, wonder how i will make it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
I believe I have this and I've spent a few months trying to get a proper diagnosis, only to get pushed around by mental health services and referred to stuff that doesn't help. I've got most of the listed symptoms and it would explain well why any form of therapy has never worked for me.

szpd is fucking horrendous, you can't enjoy life, you have basically no interests and when you've got heavy avolition, you have zero energy or drive to do anything either. Everything is so suppressed, you don't feel emotions properly, you feel apathetic to everything. You could tell me that I've won the lottery, or that half my family was dead in a car crash, and I'd have the same reaction.

Last edited:
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
My older brother has schizoaffective disorder, he doesn't think he has it though, we've taken him to doctors, they medicate and release him 72 hrs later. He really needs to be in a group home or something, with people who can help, but he refuses to be put in one of "those places". I don't blame him, but they have good residential facilities, he wouldn't always be worrying about housing, he'd be in a stable place, but he has a big problem being around other mentally or developmentally disabled people like that, especially those visibly worse than him, he feels like we are just calling him retarded (his words) and trying to put him in a place for "crazy people". He's not suicidal, doesn't want to ctb as far as I know, he has incredible energy and is always coming and going with these raving thoughts.

Most recently this week he's been telling us how he's been on the phone everyday with the fbi and nsa, he feels like he is "working with them", has delusions he is a secret agent exposing corruption, he gets kicked off the public transportation for recording and harassing people on his phone, it sounds like hell, I just want him to be taking care of himself but he's firing on all pistons. His episodes seem to becoming more frequent. I hope he listens, before he gets in more legal trouble and winds up in court spewing his crazy stuff to a judge, but it might just be for the best if they recognize he needs help they can court order him...

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'm schizotypal which is related, it definitely has contributed to my loneliness/alienation, which is felt everywhere I go, including of course the office or job environment.

On an semi-unrelated note, normies are just psychotic in a consensus/zeitgeist way, they aren't completely lucid or rational either. That was made obvious with "Covid" but will become more apparent in the future. In the past, religions, including human sacrifice, also proved my point amply. Since we are talking about the "schizo" family of craziness in here.

Last edited: