WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I went to the mall the other day and I wish I didn't.. I realized how lonely I really feel when I saw couples around the mall holding hands and discussing things to buy and I'm circling the mall alone deciding for myself.. I took a break from shopping and went to the food court.. and there, I saw families and couples sitting by the tables enjoying food and talking nonstop.. i sat alone and ate my food in complete sadness.. i don't have real friends I can hang out with, my family is trash, and I've been single forever. It sucks. It's sad. It's pathetic. It's very very depressing..

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, gottablast888, onlyanimalsaregood and 11 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I went to the mall the other day and I wish I didn't.. I realized how lonely I really feel when I saw couples around the mall holding hands and discussing things to buy and I'm circling the mall alone deciding for myself.. I took a break from shopping and went to the food court.. and there, I saw families and couples sitting by the tables enjoying food and talking nonstop.. i sat alone and ate my food in complete sadness.. i don't have real friends I can hang out with, my family is trash, and I've been single forever. It sucks. It's sad. It's pathetic. It's very very depressing..
For me going to a mall is very depressive. Though usually I don't go to one alone. I feel alientated there. There is so much artifical joy. As if you could buy happiness. And the companies there want to make you believe that. I fear future poverty. Going to a mall reminds me that I won't have any money in the future. There is so much unhealthy food there. I try to have an healthy diet this is why malls annoy me only even more. A mall should seduce us to feel like kids again. As if we would be free as individuals only if we consume products which shall give us the feeling of being unique. It is such a hypocrisy. (Obviously by buying these products we are just part of the herd.)

Last edited:
Reactions: WitheringAway, onlyanimalsaregood and Foresight
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Oof yeah, seeing couples definitely hits hard. Though for me, loneliness is not the primary reason I have depression. However, it definitely doesn't help.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway and onlyanimalsaregood
The Divine Comedy

The Divine Comedy

Everything that has a beginning has an end
Oct 19, 2021
Although I am likewise in a state of relative isolation, when I see couples out in public it actually makes me inwardly smile.

Not all couples of course, but every so often I see a couple that seem really good together and I suppose it brings me some meagre relief to be reminded that in this tormented world of lost souls, there is the possibility of real connection. Maybe not for me, but for others.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Symbiote, WitheringAway and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
For me it depends on the mall. I feel comfortable going alone to some malls and nervous about going to other malls

Reactions: archipelago, OpheliasFlowers and WitheringAway
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Stranger Things Indiana GIF by netflixlat
chopping mall thank you GIF
dawn of the dead drinking GIF by Maudit
dawn of the dead GIF
Dawn Of The Dead GIF

When I think of malls, I think of consumer zombies, like Chopping Mall or Dawn of the Dead lol

• Yay!
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway and Foresight
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate shopping. I do not understand how some people can spend all day shopping. Buying things would not bring me any enjoyment. I would find it depressing going anywhere where there are lots of people. I never really feel lonely though, I prefer to be alone.

Reactions: Feeding Pigeons, WitheringAway, Hollowman and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I just stopped doing shit that makes me feel like garbage. I don't go to malls. Everything can be ordered. I just avoid it all. Maybe an unhealthy approach.

I'm coupled so I'm a spoiled brat and never feel that pit of loneliness. I know it well though. I'll know it again if anything happens with him. Our need for companionship can be so beautiful and so cruel.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I know how you feel same here.

I am unemployed and I hate working. Sometimes I do go to the mall but the frequency has severely reduced lately.

I would avoid going to such places that make me feel unhappy if I was you.

Better to roam a quiet garden or take a walk in the park in nature.

I used to love the various junk food options in the mall food court and the ambience of eating in a clean, air-conditioned place. But that desire has faded too.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway, whatevs and 1 other person

Dec 19, 2021
I've been a loner my whole life. When I was younger, I used to go bars by myself and I would get depressed by seeing everyone else with friends or a significant other. I stopped going to clubs because of that.

• Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway, onlyanimalsaregood and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
You have to be strategic about these places. If you can't be with people don't go. Otherwise you will fall prey to some harsh realizations.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
You have to be strategic about these places. If you can't be with people don't go. Otherwise you will fall prey to some harsh realizations.
Exactly. Well put.

I'd like to add that whenever I have to go to any such place I need to summon a lot of willpower and always be mentally ready to navigate alone through the crowds.

That's the only way I get through it.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway and onlyanimalsaregood
T

that_is_not_okay

Apr 20, 2022
I don't leave my house, so I wouldn't know. I haven't gone to a mall since I was a kid. I have a computer, I can shop online, so a mall feels rather pointless.

• Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WitheringAway, onlyanimalsaregood and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Exactly. Well put.

I'd like to add that whenever I have to go to any such place I need to summon a lot of willpower and always be mentally ready to navigate alone through the crowds.

That's the only way I get through it.
Same. It's hard for me on my way to work to see people and be surrounded by people. It makes me feel more alone. Often I either go with my head down looking at the floor or I talk to someone on call to distract me. So I avoid crowded places as much as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710 and WitheringAway
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Malls still exist ?

WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I've been a loner my whole life. When I was younger, I used to go bars by myself and I would get depressed by seeing everyone else with friends or a significant other. I stopped going to clubs because of that.
Same. I've always been a loner. Years ago I remember that I convinced myself that i would turn things around whenever if I want and make myself less lonely. I'm more lonely than ever now. Nothing works.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and 710
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
If I need to go to a mall, it's with a purpose of getting something and then getting out. I find the whole idea of socializing at the mall or hanging out at the mall redundant and a bore. "Oh let's talk about the latest fashions that we can't afford unless we have daddy's credit card!!" "Oh my god, do these pants make my ass look like the size of Texas?"

Reactions: WitheringAway

Dec 19, 2021
Same. I've always been a loner. Years ago I remember that I convinced myself that i would turn things around whenever if I want and make myself less lonely. I'm more lonely than ever now. Nothing works.
Now that I'm older, I don't want to go places by myself because I don't want to be seen as that weird, awkward guy who's always alone! So now I'm pretty much a recluse.

Reactions: WitheringAway and OpheliasFlowers