Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
An uncle on my mom's side apparently left his family behind to join a sectin the US while abusing alcohol. He wound up dying in mexico because of his pickled liver getting fucked over by some bad fish. My family always said I looked like him, but I was never shown a picture.

Does anyone else have a family history of mental illness/dysfunctional behavior? How do you deal with it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody and Sinai Silence
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's not really out in the open but there does seem to quietly be a load of mental illness within my family. I am suicidal, two of my aunties have had serious breakdowns and depressive episodes, some of my cousins have issues with depression and self harm, one cousin has serious substance abuse problems and my brother seems somewhat depressed and emotionally unstable at times.

Reactions: Sinai Silence
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
My family is rife with alcoholism and drug abuse its never a path I want to follow down. Then there's the PTSD in my dad and me; which are both linked to child abuse. Anxiety in my mum and me. Lastly my grandmother has dementia and her mother had it too. Its awful watching someone slowly degrade like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Theregoesthatidea and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Most of my family has mental issues on my mom's side. Depression, PTSD, anxiety, drug issues...you name it. Even some suicides (but later in life). Dad's side are those goody goody types with instagram lives (I hate my cousins they are so rude and fake). My dad was emotionally distant towards me and never really paid me much attention...he has every trait of Asperger's which I have too. If I died young I would be the first one to go this young on both sides. I bet everyone will just talk shit about me on my dad's side. Though I highly doubt it will surprise anyone I ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence