iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I keep having distressing intrusive/obsessive thoughts about a relationship I want but know I can never have, and because the person is so important to me, I keep trying to reinforce and remind myself that I'm killing myself because of probation and convictions, not her. Plus, I wouldn't be able to establish a relationship with anyone else anyway. I'm probably having these intense thoughts and feelings because of borderline tendencies, but in the back of my head I've always known and felt that I need to ctb (due to legal circumstances).

What do you think, are there some reasons that you feel are unacceptable reasons for ending your life? If so, what are they?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, Bct and ohhgeeitsme
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
No. If someone wants to ctb, then whatever reason they have is valid for them.
No one has the right to tell them their reason is unacceptable, since they have no idea how that reason affects the other person subjectively.
That being said, someone might have a reason to ctb, but might be unaware of possible solutions or other ways out of their problem, which might invalidate that reason to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sprite_Geist, Zzzzz and 16 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Any reason that causes you pain is enough reason to ctb

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Living_Hurts_so_Much, Zappfe lover and 3 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
There are no universally unacceptable reasons. Only the individual can decide what's acceptable or not.

• Love
Reactions: Zzzzz, Living_Hurts_so_Much, falloutcarter13 and 2 others
clocktower

clocktower

anxious
Jun 25, 2020
that isn't for anyone but the person planning on ctb to decide.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, TAW122, _Minsk and 1 other person
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
that isn't for anyone but the person planning on ctb to decide.
It's just stupid because many different things can trigger me into suicidal ideation, and if it's for the wrong reason, or otherwise a reason I find "unacceptable", I try to divert those thoughts. But really, does it matter what reason is on your brain as you do it? Especially when I have no control over my thoughts whatsoever?

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and DeathIsTheWayOut99
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
It's just stupid because many different things can trigger me into suicidal ideation, and if it's for the wrong reason, or otherwise a reason I find "unacceptable", I try to divert those thoughts. But really, does it matter what reason is on your brain as you do it? Especially when I have no control over my thoughts whatsoever?
You're an adult free to make your own decisions. You can choose elected officials, choose to smoke, join the army, gamble your earnings away... and take your own life for whatever reason. If something causes you so much pain that you feel best served by suicide, then it is your right. Your life. Your decision. Whether that pain is because of a relationship, or probation, or illness, or guilt, or shame, or sadness. Your pain. Your choice.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Bct, TAW122 and 2 others
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Yes . it's me . N is the only method that i can use to ctb (i will not tolerate pain and discomfort ) . i tried any reliable source and i could not buy it .

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Crime, especially murder. There has been an increase in femicide in my country. A man kills his wife and children then hangs himself. There have been hundreds just this year. Such a person is NOT entitled to escape justice in death. Suicide is about getting justice, not escaping it.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I keep having distressing intrusive/obsessive thoughts about a relationship I want but know I can never have, and because the person is so important to me, I keep trying to reinforce and remind myself that I'm killing myself because of probation and convictions, not her. Plus, I wouldn't be able to establish a relationship with anyone else anyway. I'm probably having these intense thoughts and feelings because of borderline tendencies, but in the back of my head I've always known and felt that I need to ctb (due to legal circumstances).

What do you think, are there some reasons that you feel are unacceptable reasons for ending your life? If so, what are they?
I could tell you many reasons why I should not ctb. I can't tell you reasons why YOU should not, except for an obvious one: if you are not certain that you want to ctb, then you should not. This is something on which we must make up our minds individually.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Living_Hurts_so_Much, Neville1 and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
All reasons are valid, especially for the person deciding to die as said person is the only one who is living his/her life and knows what he/she can handle.

Crime, especially murder. There has been an increase in femicide in my country. A man kills his wife and children then hangs himself. There have been hundreds just this year. Such a person is NOT entitled to escape justice in death. Suicide is about getting justice, not escaping it.
This is an interesting answer, and with that said, what about the death penalty? There seems to be many countries that still have the death penalty on the books (including the US).

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
No because ctb is an individual choice, but I would strongly recommend NOT to do it over something temporary/reversible - if there's a road back, take it.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou and Living_Hurts_so_Much
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
No reason is truly unacceptable because it's one's own life. My unpopular opinion is, however, that people who want to ctb over a relationship or to try to "get back" at someone else would likely benefit from taking the time to re-consider because I believe those types of feelings are subject to change

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, everydayiloveyou and 1 other person
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
All reasons are valid, especially for the person deciding to die as said person is the only one who is living his/her life and knows what he/she can handle.

This is an interesting answer, and with that said, what about the death penalty? There seems to be many countries that still have the death penalty on the books (including the US).
The death penalty is a punishment for serious crimes where the guilty party gets to face his victims families and atone for his evil. He has time to mull over his actions before facing the end. The murderer who kills himself never faces anyone or gets judged and sentenced. He never really atones for his sins. He merely does something evil and then escapes.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
What do you mean acceptable? Accepted by who?

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
You're an adult free to make your own decisions. You can choose elected officials, choose to smoke, join the army, gamble your earnings away... and take your own life for whatever reason. If something causes you so much pain that you feel best served by suicide, then it is your right. Your life. Your decision. Whether that pain is because of a relationship, or probation, or illness, or guilt, or shame, or sadness. Your pain. Your choice.
Related to this, I mean, age. IMO, no underage person should ctb... I would even widen the bracket to 18-22 and to people who are out of college and have lost a sense of meaning. So many children ctb due to bullying and adolescence crap.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and everydayiloveyou
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
No reason is truly unacceptable because it's one's own life. My unpopular opinion is, however, that people who want to ctb over a relationship or to try to "get back" at someone else would likely benefit from taking the time to re-consider because I believe those types of feelings are subject to change
I feel like that's an extremely sound and valid opinion, and well meant to boot. Besides you said it yourself, no reason is truly unacceptable with a decision as personal as this...this opinion is just you being logical and honest about a subject no one should ever be flippant about!

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, muffin222 and Living_Hurts_so_Much
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Nah not really, everything impacts people in different ways and what could mean nothing to me could destroy someone's world and make them wanna ctb

Reactions: checkouttime
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
If anything, even seemingly minor, causes someone so much distress that they want to murder themselves than it should be acceptable for them to end their life. There are definitely more selfish reasons a person commits suicide. Say, a murderous psychopath to avoid prison, but even they have the right to do that.

Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Family. What it does to them. This. And thoughts of Hell have been my Achilles heel.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not really. If you're unhappy in this world, you deserve peace. It doesn't matter what your reasons are. I was even suicidal because of politics some time ago haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Echo81, Superdeterminist and Squiddy