• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
I know they do. I also know that it is a very difficult thing to do. Often times i read these posts and goodbye threads stating that a firm time and date has been set. Then i begin to feel emotions to loosing a member only to check their profile and they are still online days after the CBT date. IDK.

Reactions: Oguzok, Lost cherry, Painfu.Ll.suffering and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's impossible to know for sure without outside confirmation as in the case of @toofargone6969 and @avaruus.

Reactions: kitty_kat, Oguzok, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
family could log into the account or they just failed the attempt and feel embarrassed to admit it after saying goodbye

Reactions: kitty_kat, Oguzok, marigold and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think it's really any of our business if other people ctb or not, that's their personal decision, other people deserve privacy. And anyway everyone will die someday whether it's on their own terms or not, that's inevitable.

Reactions: trashhologram, divinemistress36, Schaf and 21 others
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
Suicide attempts fail a lot more than they succeed, for all kinds of reasons. So it's not unexpected for someone to post a goodbye thread and then still be alive and active on this site a few days later.

It's better for someone to post a goodbye thread and not actually CTB than say nothing for fear of their attempt not working. Sometimes a goodbye thread is the only 'note' people leave, or is the only place where they can say goodbye and be met with understanding and compassion rather than judgement.

• Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2, coked_pigeon, corazon and 12 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I have seen many members genuinely CTB

Reactions: Fulminare, marigold and Ashu
D

Deleted member 65988

I have seen many members genuinely CTB
Agreed, the amount of courage it takes to even have a gb thread, detail the method being used and how it'll be used takes a lot. I have no doubt members have ctb that we will never know about more than the ones we know of.
family could log into the account or they just failed the attempt and feel embarrassed to admit it after saying goodbye
Embarrassment shouldn't be too much of a factor considering how people have failed methods before in the past and shared their experiences for others who are considering using the same method to know about. This is a forum that openly encourages that so there's no reason for one to feel embarrassed by their failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Fulminare, owano and Kundalini Guy
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
For me i have cried my eyes out thinking that someone is gone only to learn they were not only to repeat the cycle.

• Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and Meditation guide
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I believe they do.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
Some do, but it's often hard/impossible to know if someone passed away or failed their attempt after they've posted a goodbye thread.

tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
I don't think it's really any of our business if other people ctb or not, that's their personal decision, other people deserve privacy. And anyway everyone will die someday whether it's on their own terms or not, that's inevitable.
I do not totally agree. If and win i write a goodbye letter or tell everyone i have a firm date close at hand there will be about a 99 percent chance it will happen and be a success. I do not want people thinking i am dead only to come back to life. Not that anyone cares but you never know.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think many have. Very occassionally, people compile lists. Personally- I think that's unwise though. The site is under enough scrutiny and criticism as it is. To link actual deaths with it I think is just giving people ammunition.

Again though- how many of those were confimed is probably not accurate. It's only when a news article is written and people can form the links or occassionally even relatives have come on that we know for sure.

Reactions: alltoomuch2
K

King Ashoka

-
Nov 19, 2023
I know for sure Neemva is gone.

Reactions: Schaf
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I'm not sure, I think a lot of people see those of us with 6+ months on here as some kind of frauds or nut jobs.

I'm just starting to think I need a new account or something, as being here a few years makes me lose any credibility at all.

• Aww..
Reactions: alltoomuch2
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think I know what you mean OP. I see many goodbye threads and the person is still here afterwards alive and well. It's a good thing when no one actually does ctb after a goodbye thread so all we can do is rejoice they are still with us.

Reactions: alltoomuch2 and tpboy
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
There are members who never logged in again or post again after making a goodbye thread. It's none of our business really. Following through with plans can be difficult. I think occasionally people fake them or have no intention to ctb.

Reactions: Schaf
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
There are members who never logged in again or post again after making a goodbye thread. It's none of our business really. Following through with plans can be difficult. I think occasionally people fake them or have no intention to ctb.
To me it seems a little like a breach of contract. I guess that is just my military training.

Schaf

Schaf

Oct 6, 2021
There is a post about someone who took SN and their friend from SS mentioned what they saw through their online interation at the very moment, so yeah

femmedelaville

femmedelaville

Feb 9, 2024
I've wondered the same thing myself, but judging by certain people who were friends with them I think there definitely has been successful endeavors

Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
There have been a few that came here and ctb. It really threw this site into the limelight and ended up being on the news. Especially after a female user ctb and left her phone on with this site opened. She did it while interacting with users here.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I'm sure that some do, though in the nature of things it's not possible to get confirmation (except in the rare cases where confirmation comes from sources outside this site).