• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I'm generally a happy person and very easily excitable, but sometimes the smallest things get in my head and I feel like I have no hope. I guess I'm just overly dramatic and emotional. I wish I could just keep the highs and drop the lows. But then again the highs aren't always the best.
I just want to be a bit more stable, but still be emotional if that makes sense. I hope you guys can relate.

Reactions: fficiallyjawshh, Abaigh, Soraa and 13 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
*waves* the pharmacy didn't have my medication in stock yesterday evening, so I went home and sliced my leg up. Even though I'm in recovery, I still swing between good and bad thoughts.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: fficiallyjawshh, Lost in a Dream, LittleJem and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Not really it's normally the same thing but I can be ok one minute and not the next

Reactions: Oyoy, bokete, Mistry420 and 1 other person
Backwoodsqueer

Backwoodsqueer

May 27, 2019
Yup! I can be totally happy and having a great day but then all of a sudden something tiny and insignificant happens and suddenly all I want to do and can think about is ctb.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, bokete, Sweet_Lullaby and 5 others
D

depressoandstresso

Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, same. I think it might be cuz I just have such a low tolerance for life's bullshit, or maybe because society keeps instilling me with false hope, y'know, bringing me up only to crash down again.

Reactions: BFishy and highlyvolatile
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I'm generally a happy person and very easily excitable, but sometimes the smallest things get in my head and I feel like I have no hope. I guess I'm just overly dramatic and emotional. I wish I could just keep the highs and drop the lows. But then again the highs aren't always the best.
I just want to be a bit more stable, but still be emotional if that makes sense. I hope you guys can relate.
In a nutshell: yes

Reactions: highlyvolatile and mattwitt
Done here

Done here

Motivation is Dead
Feb 17, 2020
This entirely me. I had a great day yesterday but was crying by about 10pm

• Hugs
Reactions: Marchioness, highlyvolatile, Serio and 1 other person
gentleflower

gentleflower

Student
Jun 6, 2019
A few days ago I would have answered "no"
But I had such a high time on Saturday, without even a reason. Woke up feeling fantastic, but it if course had worn off by around midday and the simple fact that I broke a cup let me have a total breakdown..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Marchioness, highlyvolatile, Let'sgetoutofHERE and 1 other person
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
yeah. such tendencies are influenced by my bpd. it's irritating. i wish i had the mental clarity i once did.

Reactions: BlackPoppet and BFishy
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
A few days ago I would have answered "no"
But I had such a high time on Saturday, without even a reason. Woke up feeling fantastic, but it if course had worn off by around midday and the simple fact that I broke a cup let me have a total breakdown..
Welcome to the club. If it's any compilation it seems to be a big club, but no one wants to be here.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Yes, and that's why I hate being in a great mood because I know someone or something will soon, suddenly, and completely ruin it for me and with no mercy throw me back into the pits of suicidal ideation.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet, Marchioness, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
Serio

Serio

Feb 24, 2020
Yea I do this very often I can be fine then the smallest things can set me off and for days I will be suicidal worst part about it is for me it makes me feel dramatic and to emotional

Reactions: BlackPoppet and mattwitt
N

nsaidsmil

Jan 19, 2020
Nothing worse at the tail-end of a good mood. Takes so little to hinder progress, it's frustrating. Sending love. Wishing us all better days.

Reactions: mattwitt
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I also fear being in a good mood. The crash is always harsh.

benjaminbusdriver

benjaminbusdriver

Mar 5, 2020
Same here. I've been dealing with depression for years and can hide it well and look happy for short bursts. I do end up feeling happy, as if "fake it till you make it" works. It can last a few hours when I'm in social situations, but then I have to escape. It's almost like needing to vomit. Anxiety meets physical pain. Nobody sees it though. I present well, so I'm told by my shrink.

When I'm having a good day and I screw something up, like forget to pay a bill, or something happens that should not be a big deal, I go right back to suicide as the answer and I'm on this group looking for a final solution. Only one person knows I've had suicidal thoughts and she's a psych nurse, so she checks on me every day, and I can fake very happy for her. Then I get off the phone and start pricing out funerals. It's exhausting. Of course I'd rather my baseline be content / happyish, but it's impossible now. This dark cloud to much.

helfire

helfire

Some people are born with tragedy in their blood
Feb 24, 2020
Yes, every single day, every single minute.
Even when things seem a bit better and I manage to get my head out of my pit of dispair, every little thing can make me feel like there's no hope anymore and nothing will ever change or get better for real

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
yeah. such tendencies are influenced by my bpd. it's irritating. i wish i had the mental clarity i once did.
Same with me. My BPD sends me into a talespin sometimes, well a lot of the time.

Privatehell

Privatehell

Mar 3, 2020
My moods swing a hell of a lot, hour by hour. I feel an undercurrent of anxiety even when I'm relatively happy so I guess it makes sense that it can take very little to flip my emotional switches. It's exhausting to be on a constant rollercoaster

crazy1

crazy1

Mar 2, 2020
Most the time my moods pretty bad but it swings up and down like crazy, I'll be planning a future one minute then planning my death the next.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Yes, this happens to me almost constantly. I can have days that are going well, but when I do something wrong I'll beat myself up over it all day long, especially if it is something that someone else noticed and it typically happens at work more than anywhere else. When I start doing that, it's really hard to get my positive thoughts back because I start feeling like I am worthless and thinking that I should kill myself. From there, it's a downward spiral that ends with me obsessing over methods until I finally get to a place where I can sleep, and then I usually get high and go to bed. Sometimes I'll wake up feeling a little better, but other times not better at all.

It seems pointless to keep going through this cycle over and over and I often wish that I could get off of this stupid hamster wheel and get on the bus instead, but because of people in my life that I don't want to suffer the effects of me doing it, I just don't. Sometimes I get so sick of waiting around for them that I start to see them as obstacles that are in my way, instead of people that I care about, and it makes me want to get it over with and just let them suffer. It makes me want to leave a note behind that says "Surprise motherfuckers! I'm dead!" and let them sort it out from there.

Sometimes the things that cause this downward spiral have nothing to do with anything I've done, but is instead caused by being reminded of how shitty our world is, the actions of other people, and even just feeling tired can get this cycle started all over again. I hate it, but it's a thing that I have to deal with. I'm going to try a new medication (despite how much I distrust doctors) just to see if it makes these mood changes less extreme, but I don't have much hope that it will.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I wouldn't say happy but distracted yes. I have a super impulsive personality so i can be in tears in a few minutes and "ok" just as quickly. Many of us here are sensitive so it's easy being pushed over the edge at any moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: ghostspace
Dromides

Dromides

Oct 24, 2019
Yeah, can relate to that. When I'm in a good or tolerable mood the slightest bad thing can totally screw it up. Mostly awkward or failed social encounters lead to my sudden mood changes.

• Hugs
Reactions: ghostspace
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
For me, I tend to take things very personally and am extremely sensitive and self-conscious. If anything happens that hurts my self-esteem, I immediately want to die. This used to also happen when I would get scared people were going to leave me, but I fixed that by isolating myself and not having any friends or people close to me at all. (I have BPD, so I tend to go from 0-100 very quickly.) It sucks because I feel so vulnerable to the world; just a small misstep on anyone's part and I want to disappear.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
This will sound sad and pathetic but when a very loud noise scares the ever loving crap out of me it instantly puts me in a very suicidal mood. I hate loud noises and when they scare me it's like a switch getting flipped.