O

Omega290

Jun 12, 2021
It seems like the longer I'm around certain people, the more awkward I become. Psychologists/therapists always say that you have to expose yourself to the things you're afraid of in order to overcome them. But what if your anxiety only gets worse and makes you even more suicidal. I feel like therapy only works for people who are capable of normal behavior. I remember doing group therapy a few years ago and it was a nightmare for me. Even the people in the psyche ward thought I was weird. I guess I'm just curious to see if anyone else has this problem.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, OnlyTheWind, Huntfish34 and 6 others
Foreversad

Foreversad

(D)uck prolifers
Jun 21, 2021
Definitely .even the possibility of meeting a guy and spending time with him makes me wanna puke

• Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, Omega290 and Huntfish34
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Yes. I avoid putting myself out there to therapists. They don't understand. Yes, I am anxious with people and alone. Moreso I just hate having nothing to say and I can't relate to anyone who is "safe" so I hate them. I wouldn't judge yourself on who was in the ward that seemed like they had it together. Idk. Anxiety is real. In my opinion therapy only works for people who work...who have not completely hellish existences.

Reactions: LADY007, Huntfish34 and imaloserbaby
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I just feel worse the longer I am around people. I need my time alone. It is simply my personality really. I just feel disconnected to others as well and do not like physically talking.

Reactions: Omega290, Huntfish34, Under The Graveyard and 4 others
Cyan1999

Cyan1999

Oct 18, 2020
Definitivamente, a veces pienso que debería relacionarme más con la gente pero al final siempre termino alejándome por el agobio de volverme cercana a alguien y me pasa que solo me surgen más preocupaciones y más acerca de eso así que vuelvo a 0 y no hablo con las personas, pero siempre termino queriendo intentarlo de nuevo y siempre fallo.

Reactions: Huntfish34
imaloserbaby

imaloserbaby

Karolina
Jan 28, 2021
Absolutely. I've had therapists tell me the whole "you can't get better until you force yourself to be around people" thing and while I think that can help some people, for me it's just not true. I've been forcing it for 20 years and it keeps getting worse. What I love about my current therapist is he accepts this, and told me that in his opinion, animals count as company. For 11 years until he passed, my dog was enough to keep me going. Now, my cat is the main reason I'm still alive, and I believe that that's just as valid as if she were a friend or relative. My friends and relatives don't care about me, my cat does.

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart, Omega290, Huntfish34 and 3 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Same here. If I'm around people too long I start trembling slightly. It's not really noticeable to others. I get very tired very quickly around people and need days to recover. Even have this with friends and family. But of course a lot more with strangers. Also tried to train myself to be better at social contact but it didn't really work. Had lots of therapy and some of the things said above sound very familiar.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and imaloserbaby
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I completely isolate myself so I don't have to interact with other people. People just don't want to meet with me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Omega290, Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
I don't have to be around certain people for my anxiety to kick in, it kicks in when it wants. One minute you and I can be having a decent, normal conversation, and the next minute I need to get away and back to my isolation. You don't have to be the reason it kicked into high gear, it just happens suddenly.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fox_wannabe, Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I agree with everything stated above but I'm certainly right there with you Graveyard.... I can be doing Damn good, no anxiety with fairly normal conversation / interaction and Bamm.. Something might trigger me, or God knows what.. and I turn into a babbling idiot Or.. I struggle to find any relevant words. Fck Idk what my problem is.

• Hugs
Reactions: fox_wannabe, imaloserbaby and Under The Graveyard
O

Omega290

Jun 12, 2021
Same here. If I'm around people too long I start trembling slightly. It's not really noticeable to others. I get very tired very quickly around people and need days to recover. Even have this with friends and family. But of course a lot more with strangers. Also tried to train myself to be better at social contact but it didn't really work. Had lots of therapy and some of the things said above sound very familiar.
It's like trying to give someone a different personality, which is impossible. I'm sure a lot of psychologists would agree with that. You might could change some things if your brain is still developing but I'm way past that now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking