TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Has anyone had similar thoughts whenever they read or hear about news of tragedies around the world, ranging from local, state, and the national level?

Disclaimer/Note: I don't make light of, condone, nor excuse any of the tragedies (man-made or otherwise) that happen in day to day life.

Everytime a tragedy happens whether it is some mass casualty event, man-made or nature, or what not, I oftenly think well nobody is talking about legalizing or at least loosening the laws that allow voluntary euthanasia. If only they did that, perhaps this wouldn't be an issue, or at least the harm caused by sentience itself would be mitigated (perhaps even outright prevented).

While I do feel bad that the victims (who oftenly don't wish to die) die to factors out of their control, I always think, this is the best time to talk about legalizing voluntary euthanasia (ironically, contrary to what mainstream and most normies would think otherwise) because there can be no harm in dying on one's own terms, and in fact (logically speaking), preventing future (potential) harm. I do believe that, yes, we should take the time to grieve and commemorate the victims of said various tragedies, but we cannot just keep running in circles about the same topics and ignore an undiscovered, undiscussed (permanent) solution to ALL suffering and problems, which is voluntary euthanasia. Humans have oftenly viewed life as sacred and do everything and ANYTHING to preserve, and ironically even death to prevent/deter other deaths (while they view death as a net negative, they make exceptions to it - hence things like executions, death penalty, and what not exist, self defense (stopping/neutralizing the threat - which results in death of the 'threat'), and others.).

Therefore, I think it is a good time to bring up the conversation about having voluntary euthanasia, such that, if it was legal, then these tragedies would be greatly reduced and much less frequent as those people would just take themselves out instead of others. Of course, this will not prevent ALL tragedies, but even if it prevent a few, it is still a net positive for everyone (pro-lifers who want to live don't die, suicidal people who wish to die get their wishes and stop suffering). Ironically, whenever a perpetrator commits mass violence resulting in many victims, some angry citizens even say "he/she should have just taken him/herself out and not others", yet these "angry citizens" would also claim that "suicide is NEVER the answer".

With that said, has anyone had similar thoughts? I hope this doesn't sound too proselytizing towards people (though there is almost like a similar pattern... except it is of the pro-choice topic.).

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, ksp, Euthanza and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I have just read the article, and yes, it is a tragic event in the sense that if "voluntary euthanasia" was legalized with a peaceful, dignified way to exit suffering, then it is likely that the man would not have to resort to a violent means for his wife and then himself (unsuccessfully). It is somewhat of a relief that the legal system as well as the jury saw it to be a shitty situation where there was no good alternative but the husband's willingness to honor his wife's wishes (even when voluntary euthanasia is illegal) is somewhat understood and the husband is given a light sentence instead of a very harsh prison sentence. The UK is one of many nations around the world which do not have legal voluntary euthanasia and thus people who wish to exit suffering resort to unreliable and violent methods. These violent methods and unreliable means could be avoided had there been a process where someone who wishes to exit life (even more so terminally ill and severely ill people) are given that option with safeguards and processes to ensure that their wishes are granted and that the process is carried out ethically, in accordance with the law, and that everything is done correctly.

• Aww..
Reactions: ksp, resolutory and Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, of course voluntary euthanasia should be legal everywhere. People shouldn't have to struggle so much in leaving behind a life that they never asked for. To die would prevent all future suffering and would prevent harm being potentially inflicted onto others so of course the right to die should be respected in society. It could never be beneficial making suicide so purposely difficult.

Reactions: ksp, resolutory and TAW122
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In terms of people resorting to rash and horrific ways to end their lives- eg leaping in front of a train or from a bridge into traffic- yes- I absolutely DO think that giving them the choice would have prevented that. Or really- pretty much any 'home-made' effort come to that. A lot can obviously go wrong if only 1 in 25 (or 26?) attempts are successful.

However, when it comes to 'random' natural or man-made disasters- no, my immediate thought isn't that giving everyone the chance to kill themselves before something bad happens would solve much. I'm not certain that it's the majority of the population that DO want to kill themselves. Before or even after disasters. A lot seem to have a desperate desire to live.

I completely understand why we would think like that though- seeing as a lot of us would prefer never to have existed but I don't know about the 'normies.' For us, it doesn't even need to be something as traumatic as a huge disaster for life to feel shit enough to want to leave it all behind.

Still, I do think I understand your mindset. I think when we get fixated on CTB- which I expect a lot of us are- anything can kick the feelings and frustrations off because ultimately- it feels like the best solution to everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: ksp, TAW122, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I think that victims of tragedies could opt for euthanasia.

Reactions: ksp, Euthanza and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Yes, of course voluntary euthanasia should be legal everywhere. People shouldn't have to struggle so much in leaving behind a life that they never asked for. To die would prevent all future suffering and would prevent harm being potentially inflicted onto others so of course the right to die should be respected in society. It could never be beneficial making suicide so purposely difficult.
Indeed, and of course. Nobody alive today ever made a conscious decision to be alive. They and all of us alive are alive because of the actions of people before us. We have no say in it, therefore, we should have a say in how, when, and where to end it all.

In terms of people resorting to rash and horrific ways to end their lives- eg leaping in front of a train or from a bridge into traffic- yes- I absolutely DO think that giving them the choice would have prevented that. Or really- pretty much any 'home-made' effort come to that. A lot can obviously go wrong if only 1 in 25 (or 26?) attempts are successful.

However, when it comes to 'random' natural or man-made disasters- no, my immediate thought isn't that giving everyone the chance to kill themselves before something bad happens would solve much. I'm not certain that it's the majority of the population that DO want to kill themselves. Before or even after disasters. A lot seem to have a desperate desire to live.

I completely understand why we would think like that though- seeing as a lot of us would prefer never to have existed but I don't know about the 'normies.' For us, it doesn't even need to be something as traumatic as a huge disaster for life to feel shit enough to want to leave it all behind.

Still, I do think I understand your mindset. I think when we get fixated on CTB- which I expect a lot of us are- anything can kick the feelings and frustrations off because ultimately- it feels like the best solution to everything.
Good response and post. Yes, if we had voluntary euthanasia, we can dramatically reduce the frequency of violent methods and gruesome means which may result in collateral damage. Regarding the majority of the population that wants to 'live', I believe the base cause is the survival instinct, from the dawn of time, any living organism by default, wishes to live. In your third paragraph, yes, while I don't have an terrible life from an objective point of view (have some basic needs, had some success in life along with many setbacks and suffering), I still see life itself as pointless drivel and that we are slaves to our survival instinct and sentience itself. By breaking away from sentience and overcoming one's own SI and sentience itself, one is truly free to control one's own destiny. Finally, while most of us on this forum have a mindset of CTB being an option, oftenly it is because we see no other meaning in life itself and for those who tried to live but found it to not be worth it, consider CTB as a last resort. To the outside world, it may seem like we are fixated on CTB'ing but most of the outsiders and normies (as well as majority of the populace) fail to understand all the inner turmoil as well as careful thought and rationalization before coming to terms of CTB'ing being an option.

I think that victims of tragedies could opt for euthanasia.
Absolutely and instead, pro-life society and it's masses would rather these victims to suffer indefinitely and try to get better while all putting the burden on the victim (very unfair for the victim) and pat themselves on the back for doing a good deed.

Reactions: ksp, theboy and Forever Sleep
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The big problem with widesprea voltary euthanasia is that people will use it to murder people, that's just a fact of how humkans. SO if doctor-assisted suicide becomes more widely available it will still always be a very high bar medially to get this. That's just being realistic. It won't be available on demand or easy to get ever. Sadly part of ctb is overcoming difficult obstacles to get there, which is especially tough when you're depressed.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Has anyone had similar thoughts whenever they read or hear about news of tragedies around the world, ranging from local, state, and the national level?

Disclaimer/Note: I don't make light of, condone, nor excuse any of the tragedies (man-made or otherwise) that happen in day to day life.

Everytime a tragedy happens whether it is some mass casualty event, man-made or nature, or what not, I oftenly think well nobody is talking about legalizing or at least loosening the laws that allow voluntary euthanasia. If only they did that, perhaps this wouldn't be an issue, or at least the harm caused by sentience itself would be mitigated (perhaps even outright prevented).

While I do feel bad that the victims (who oftenly don't wish to die) die to factors out of their control, I always think, this is the best time to talk about legalizing voluntary euthanasia (ironically, contrary to what mainstream and most normies would think otherwise) because there can be no harm in dying on one's own terms, and in fact (logically speaking), preventing future (potential) harm. I do believe that, yes, we should take the time to grieve and commemorate the victims of said various tragedies, but we cannot just keep running in circles about the same topics and ignore an undiscovered, undiscussed (permanent) solution to ALL suffering and problems, which is voluntary euthanasia. Humans have oftenly viewed life as sacred and do everything and ANYTHING to preserve, and ironically even death to prevent/deter other deaths (while they view death as a net negative, they make exceptions to it - hence things like executions, death penalty, and what not exist, self defense (stopping/neutralizing the threat - which results in death of the 'threat'), and others.).

Therefore, I think it is a good time to bring up the conversation about having voluntary euthanasia, such that, if it was legal, then these tragedies would be greatly reduced and much less frequent as those people would just take themselves out instead of others. Of course, this will not prevent ALL tragedies, but even if it prevent a few, it is still a net positive for everyone (pro-lifers who want to live don't die, suicidal people who wish to die get their wishes and stop suffering). Ironically, whenever a perpetrator commits mass violence resulting in many victims, some angry citizens even say "he/she should have just taken him/herself out and not others", yet these "angry citizens" would also claim that "suicide is NEVER the answer".

With that said, has anyone had similar thoughts? I hope this doesn't sound too proselytizing towards people (though there is almost like a similar pattern... except it is of the pro-choice topic.).
I think that exactly! If a more peaceful method had been available....much pain and suffering could have been avoided. But those little pro-life darlings prefer for us to suffer, and then have the balls to claim we are mentally ill.

Reactions: ksp and resolutory
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
20221104 141350

I came across this meme today, it applies the same, so I edited - Azrael is angel of death in Abrahamic tradition

Reactions: Forever Sleep