L

liluglibih

Jul 14, 2020
..things to get around, avoid, keep happy, so that they won't hate you and torture you too much? We're supposed to be social creatures, we're not meant to be alone, no man is an island blah blah blah.. well, I would really like my own island. I've been alone for too long, I don't know how to function around people, I never did. Any slight altercation stresses me out and plays on my mind like a fucking loop, I can't seem to let anything go.. I replay every conversation that I have no matter how boring and criticise every detail. I'm convinced that I'm taking up space that belongs to someone else and that I'm just wasting my time doing an imitation(a bad one) of a person. Someone said to me once 'why can't life be like a movie', and I was thinking.. it is, it just doesn't end after 1hr45mins.. it's a very looooong movie. Nothing gets cut, shooting 24/7, low budget, dialogue is 100% improv, no hair and make-up, no catering, you want special effects? take some drugs. You're the lead, you're a star baby! Annnnd action! Vent over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LooksAtMoonDog, SuicideAwaits and 6 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I feel like this too. Like I'm doing a performance all the time and have to choose the best possible choices to do and say to achieve the perfect result. That's why social interaction makes me stressed and anxious.

Reactions: PressEnterToExit, liluglibih, Silvermorning and 2 others
A

Albert

Nov 19, 2020
I fu**ing hate people. They most certainly are obstacles to get around, avoid etc. as you say because at its root life is still survival of the fittest. The strong impose their will any way they can and the weak suffer and die. I hate to say, I am part of the weak no matter how much I pretend I'm not. It's a constant battle against our fellow man equal parts violence and diplomacy and all that BS, it causes me great anxiety too.

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, liluglibih, Silvermorning and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I relate to aspects of this OP.
People are painful to be around and I dislike having to interact in specific ways to get what I want from them even if it is to be left alone.

LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Hell truly is other people. They always WANT THINGS, things I'm not willing to give them. Or worse yet they WANT but they don't know WHAT they WANT, and blame you for not providing it.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
To add some levity (no disrespect to the op)...

I would imagine most American football players see other people as obstacles :)