411esme

411esme

Jun 5, 2020
... so it's easier for the other person when you CTB?

I find myself distancing myself from friends or trying to negatively impact their perception of me so that it hurts them less when I eventually pass. I know that after the fact they'll probably see right through it, since it's a bit out of character for me. I just don't want them to be hurt.

Does anyone else do this? Intentionally or otherwise?

Reactions: LivedTooLong, sadghost, W3akCr3atur3 and 1 other person
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I don't think I know how to love. I don't think I'm sociopathic or something because I still care about other peoples' feelings, but I hate words of affection towards me. I prefer to be alone, away from family or people in general. I wish I can just accept love.

I guess this means nothing for this thread because this has nothing to do with CTBing, but yeah, I always sabotage personal relationships.

Reactions: sadghost, esse_est_percipi and _Minsk
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I do this too. I've slowly distanced myself from people by just not replying to messages etc. A lot of people don't bother messaging me any more and I feel it's better to just let them forget about me
I don't think I know how to love. I don't think I'm sociopathic or something because I still care about other peoples' feelings, but I hate words of affection towards me. I prefer to be alone, away from family or people in general. I wish I can just accept love.

I guess this means nothing for this thread because this has nothing to do with CTBing, but yeah, I always sabotage personal relationships.
I can kind of relate. I think it comes down to me having low esteem and feeling like I don't deserve it. If you care about other people's feelings then you're probably not a sociopath because sociopaths/psychopaths tend to lack empathy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadghost
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
I think it slowly happens itself the closer I get to ctb.

However I'll try to seriously ruin my relationships with people who would've cared for me when I'll be too close to ctb.

Reactions: sadghost and _Minsk
clearing eyes

clearing eyes

femboy hooters employee of the month
Jul 23, 2019
yep. well, i've been sabotaging relationships even before i had a plan to ctb, but that's because i have borderline personality disorder. any time someone gets too close to me, i start to hate them and break it off.

• Hugs
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes. I can't deal with life or relationships. I just wish I could stop existing and be wiped from people's memories.

sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Yeah, I've deleted all of my social media accounts and stopped talking to most people. If somebody directly texts or calls me I will reply but I don't make an active effort to reach out anymore. I'm distancing myself from everyone and everything since I'm ready to go soon

Reactions: ERASED
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Not for the same reason. In the past I've sabotaged close friendships because of strong emotional attachment and fear of abandonment.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
... so it's easier for the other person when you CTB?

I find myself distancing myself from friends or trying to negatively impact their perception of me so that it hurts them less when I eventually pass. I know that after the fact they'll probably see right through it, since it's a bit out of character for me. I just don't want them to be hurt.

Does anyone else do this? Intentionally or otherwise?
Literally couldn't relate to you more, I have done this to multiple friends I had over the years and at first we are really close and go out together and later I start distancing myself and being less friendly with them and it ends up that we stop talking together. I don't know why I do it and why it suddenly starts. I just do and it annoys me because I like my friends but I can't stop my actions