itchygator

itchygator

Jan 17, 2024
My mawmaw seems to think that a "white lie" is not a lie, because it don't count. Since then, I don't know what to believe anymore.
SHE GOT 0% PERSONALITY CREDIT.

• Wow
Reactions: Homo erectus, LoiteringClouds and doormat25
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Hmm... Literally ... EVERYONE

I think there are white pies, just don't hurt anyone, and don't make yourself look an idiot in the future when you forgot the bullshit.you spewed so confidently.

Reactions: Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
More of an off-shoot but it made me think…
(I do think honesty is important, btw)

Sometimes we tell lies to justify to ourselves the actions that we take. I went to school with a guy who said dark things happened to him when he was a kid but he later recanted and admitted nothing happened. But it sort of gave him a justification for sort of being fucked up in some many ways. But it helped explain things to people, it was a way of explaining to people that he was fucked up instead of just having to say to people that he was fucked up and then justifying it to people. He would just make up a story. It was a way of telling truth through telling a lie. And the truth was always received as it was meant to be received. Of course there's bad things that happened to him, bad things have happen to everyone. But they don't make us, we make ourselves. And there's of course a lot of genetics involved and what we were given to start with of course but who knows I guess.

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
Immanuel Kant in Critique of Pure Reason specifically said that people should never lie, even in situations where not lying would cause great harm to people. I'll be honest and say that it's a quite dumb hill to die on and disagree with it.