freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Chinaski? Genes? Any other aspiring humorists? Do you crack yourself up the way you do us?

Reactions: sserafim, psp3000, bubo and 1 other person
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
donald trump lol GIF by NowThis

• Yay!
Reactions: Venus13, Celerity and freedompass
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I've never made "jokes"

• Yay!
Reactions: Namensjemand, zeenatax, MellowAvenue and 3 others
Blahhh

Blahhh

Dec 13, 2022
I come up with all sorts of imaginary situations in my head that make me laugh. Some sort of coping mechanism I quess heh

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13, Endex, Zephyr141 and 1 other person
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I've never made "jokes"
What would you call them? observations? You are definitely the funniest person here imho. You've got a great way with words and a really dry killer wit, I'm sure high intelligence plays a part. As does having been through the muthafuckin mill! Also. I always say comedy is a martial art. Doesn't it literally enable us to put annoying people in their place or defuse conflict? Humour is an amazing superpower with multiple functions.

But to return to my question. Do you find yourself laughing at your own hilarious putdowns on the forum sometimes? Be honest.

Oh. And were you the classic 'class clown' at school, dealing with bullies by making them laugh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
What would you call them? observations? You are definitely the funniest person here imho. You've got a great way with words and a really dry killer wit, I'm sure high intelligence plays a part. As does having been through the muthafuckin mill! Also. I always say comedy is a martial art. Doesn't it literally enable us to put annoying people in their place or defuse conflict? Humour is an amazing superpower with multiple functions.

But to return to my question. Do you find yourself laughing at your own hilarious putdowns on the forum sometimes? Be honest.

Oh. And were you the classic 'class clown' at school, dealing with bullies by making them laugh?
Well this is certainly flattering, though l think my posts are funnier to you than they are to me (l also don't think l use 'putdowns' regularly, idk) - l actually didn't attend school for most of it and left with nothing but tbh I'd probably have found a 'class clown' to be irritating.

Reactions: freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Well this is certainly flattering, though l think my posts are funnier to you than they are to me (l also don't think l use 'putdowns' regularly, idk) - l actually didn't attend school for most of it and left with nothing but tbh I'd probably have found a 'class clown' to be irritating.
I hear you. It's just a common stereotype that people have about comedians. Though I guess you wouldn't consider yourself to be one.

Of course there is also the even more classic idea of the weeping clown isn't there. The Tony Hancocks and Spike Milligans of this world who are known to have suffered serious depression which was the dark underpinning of their comic genius.

Regarding irritation. Humour is a great outlet for unpleasant feelings. Not in the sense of malicious jokes at someone else's expense. More, figuring out how to express frustration or even anger in a healthy, creative and constructive way that doesn't escalate situations and create more conflict.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I hear you. It's just a common stereotype that people have about comedians. Though I guess you wouldn't consider yourself to be one.

Of course there is also the even more classic idea of the weeping clown isn't there. The Tony Hancocks and Spike Milligans of this world who are known to have suffered serious depression which was the dark underpinning of their comic genius.

Regarding irritation. Humour is a great outlet for unpleasant feelings. Not in the sense of malicious jokes at someone else's expense. More, figuring out how to express frustration or even anger in a healthy, creative and constructive way that doesn't escalate situations and create more conflict.
The number of comedians who have actually gone on to kill themselves is certainly evidence that humour and suicidality are not mutually exclusive and for me personally having a keen sense of the ridiculous has been crucial to getting by, not in the sense of exhibiting humour to others as much as having an inner voice which does its best to make me still see a funny side of adversity. I don't think this is uncommon amongst miserable bastards tbqh.

Reactions: Pluto, rationaltake, freedompass and 1 other person
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
I have a bad habit of awkwardly laughing at my own jokes, even when I know they aren't funny, I guess to give off the appearance that I'm happy.

I also used to dive really, REALLY deep into self deprecating humor. I was the butt of most of my own jokes for years until I realized it was actually an unhealthy coping mechanism for myself. Learning to laugh at yourself is good, but tearing yourself down under the guise of a joke is not.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, freedompass and Chinaski
Z

Zephyr141

Aug 30, 2021
I laugh at random things I come up with all the time. Always have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and freedompass
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Almost nearly everyday my brain comes up with something funny and I ROFL at it. So yes, I laugh at the clever shit I come up with.

• Yay!
Reactions: freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Almost nearly everyday my brain comes up with something funny and I ROFL at it. So yes, I laugh at the clever shit I come up with.
Me too and I often read back over my shit and cackle to myself
Studio Ghibli Cat GIF

Reactions: Csmith8827
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
All the time.

• Love
Reactions: lonegore
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Who's the saddest guy at the pasta factory?

The one who's fillin' cannelloni.

lonegore

lonegore

Fading clouds
Jul 16, 2023
Sometimes. Sometimes I think I'm very funny, I'm very wrong though. The only person I could make laugh would be myself, I suck at cracking jokes to others.

Reactions: Csmith8827 and Rocinante
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
Yk this reminds me of the meme: yo bro who got u smiling like that??? *my own jokes