LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Does Anyone else have a pet who's environmentally friendly, and loves to rip up cardboard?

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_113201_308.jpg
    IMG_20201230_113201_308.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Mentalmick, cassie and 4 others
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
On the positive side you'll never need to buy confetti ;)

I'll assume you have a dog, would you care to post a picture? I always enjoy a good pet picture. Definitely better than having to see pictures of people's kids but that might just be me haha.

Here's my son who I sadly don't get to see anymore (moved 8hrs away due to health reasons).

He's a little too smart for his own good and gets a bit jealous. After seeing the cat resting on my shoulder he decided that he deserved a spot there as well. One day when I was looking for something on the floor he just jumped on my back and laid down. It's one of his happy spots and if I lay on the floor he will take residence on my back for as long as I lay there and will lick my face until it's raw haha.

I've had and been around a lot of dogs in my life but he has by far the best personality and is the most loving dog one could ask for. Not to mention the cutest little guy you can imagine.

He's a mix between a Jack Russell and a Pug so he doesn't have the health problems of a purebred but is the best of both breeds.

Sorry, I know gushing over a pet or a child is never as interesting as it is for the owner but this thread reminded me of him and I miss him dearly.

I also apologise if I've hijacked the thread. I really would like to see your pet and hope others will post as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5261_20201223_143046.jpg
    IMG_5261_20201223_143046.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2199_20190325_174652(1).jpg
    IMG_2199_20190325_174652(1).jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: xLosthopex, Lostandlooking, cassie and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
My Rottie is totally environmentally friendly, but not house friendly at all - in fact, she has attempted to eat my couch, rugs, commputers, plates, drinking glasses.. etc..

But her personality is beautiful, and I do not mind.

Things are replaceable or tossable; my wee (or not so wee - ha!) beastie is irreplaceable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cassie and LONE WOLF.
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
How old is she. I know all dogs will eat anything in site the first year due to teething.

I totally understand how easy it is to accept some of the "bad" things dogs do. There is just something special about them and it's hard to stay mad

• Love
Reactions: cassie
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
On the positive side you'll never need to buy confetti ;)

I'll assume you have a dog, would you care to post a picture? I always enjoy a good pet picture. Definitely better than having to see pictures of people's kids but that might just be me haha.

Here's my son who I sadly don't get to see anymore (moved 8hrs away due to health reasons).

He's a little too smart for his own good and gets a bit jealous. After seeing the cat resting on my shoulder he decided that he deserved a spot there as well. One day when I was looking for something on the floor he just jumped on my back and laid down. It's one of his happy spots and if I lay on the floor he will take residence on my back for as long as I lay there and will lick my face until it's raw haha.

I've had and been around a lot of dogs in my life but he has by far the best personality and is the most loving dog one could ask for. Not to mention the cutest little guy you can imagine.

He's a mix between a Jack Russell and a Pug so he doesn't have the health problems of a purebred but is the best of both breeds.

Sorry, I know gushing over a pet or a child is never as interesting as it is for the owner but this thread reminded me of him and I miss him dearly.

I also apologise if I've hijacked the thread. I really would like to see your pet and hope others will post as well.

Attachments

• 1608941239441.png
    1608941239441.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Mr Maximus!.jpg
    Mr Maximus!.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: cassie and Nodscene
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Nice dog LW! You can almost see his personality in the pictures. Mr Maximus indeed

• Love
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Nice dog LW! You can almost see his personality in the pictures. Mr Maximus indeed
Nodscene, l named him after the main character in Gladiator! But his nickname is Squeaky Bear. Oh and l hope you have a happy/good new year!

• Love
Reactions: cassie and Nodscene
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I had a chinchilla who ate my junk mail.

• Love
Reactions: cassie, signifying nothing and LONE WOLF.
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Nodscene, l named him after the main character in Gladiator! But his nickname is Squeaky Bear. Oh and l hope you have a happy/good new year!
Thanks, I hope you do as well. With any luck this will be a nice short year ;)

I love the dichotomy of both his names....from a tough macho gladiator from Roman times to Squeaky Bear haha.

• Love
Reactions: cassie and LONE WOLF.
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
How old is she. I know all dogs will eat anything in site the first year due to teething.

I totally understand how easy it is to accept some of the "bad" things dogs do. There is just something special about them and it's hard to stay mad
My pup (I call her that even though she weighs more than I do and is ~2.5 years old) is still within the age range where puppies/dogs still tear everything up.

I do not blame her.

It is my fault. She is a 120 lb powerhouse of pure muscle and needs a lot of exercise. Because of my illnesses I have not been able to give her what she clearly needs. This breed of dog is known to be destructive if they do not get enough exercise.

She is the most intelligent pup I have ever known, it is incredible.

I know that I should re-home her with someone who can give her what she needs and is a better owner than I am, but right now I just cannot bear to let her go; so incredibly selfish of me.

It will come soon enough (her re-homing), so I am enjoying her while I can.

Last edited:
  • Love
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Not quite comparable but I just sold my snake today (the only pet I could manage to take care of) because my back has deteriorated too much where I couldn't clean the cage anymore. Much like you i knew it needed someone who was able to care for her properly.

Spend as much time as you can with your baby. A year (just a random time frame) of less exercise than she needs will not be harmful and will have a lot of positive effects in your life. Maybe you can be creative and find a way to give her exercise without it causing you problems.

I'm sure you throw a ball around, maybe you have a yard she can play in or a park nearby. Those lazer pens not only work with cats but with some dogs as well. That can be used as a great tool to keep your dog in shape with minimal effort.

Do you have any friends who have dogs who may be willing to take your dog for a walk or elsewhere when they go with their dog?

Either way dogs are special beings so enjoy it as much as you can. Obviously I'm not saying anything you don't know already haha. I'm honestly a tad envious is all.

• Love
Reactions: Weary Soul and cassie
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Not quite comparable but I just sold my snake today (the only pet I could manage to take care of) because my back has deteriorated too much where I couldn't clean the cage anymore. Much like you i knew it needed someone who was able to care for her properly.

Spend as much time as you can with your baby. A year (just a random time frame) of less exercise than she needs will not be harmful and will have a lot of positive effects in your life. Maybe you can be creative and find a way to give her exercise without it causing you problems.

I'm sure you throw a ball around, maybe you have a yard she can play in or a park nearby. Those lazer pens not only work with cats but with some dogs as well. That can be used as a great tool to keep your dog in shape with minimal effort.

Do you have any friends who have dogs who may be willing to take your dog for a walk or elsewhere when they go with their dog?

Either way dogs are special beings so enjoy it as much as you can. Obviously I'm not saying anything you don't know already haha. I'm honestly a tad envious is all.
IMO it is very much comparable. Pets are a joy, no matter what shape or form they come in (ok - not gonna lie, this may not apply to tarantulas :ohhhh:_).

I am so sorry that you had to let your baby go it is heartbraking.

I have gotten more support from animals than I ever did from humans irl, and they have actually kept me alive.

I wish I had a friend to help out, or money to hire someone to take her on walks, but I am running on financial fumes right now and will likely soon be homeless.

Also, where I live I have a small yard, and by law we are required to leash our dogs at all times. Many fear Rottweilers because of social driven hysteria (think The Omen), and have no clue what wonderful pets they really are.

And hey - if you lived close by, I would welcome you to enjoy her too, but with your back injury, I fear she might injure you further.

<3

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Do you not have social benefits where you live? I think even the US has disability (of course I could be wrong). There must be something you can apply for so you get money every month. Also there are rooming houses and other options (I'm sure not what you want and I don't blame you) for housing. At least it's a roof although I'm unsure about waiting times. I know where I live there is a 7-10 year wait for income adjusted housing.

Peoples ignorance about dogs never ceases to amaze me. I'm furious that they actually banned Pit Bulls in my province (worst of all is that they don't even test, if your dog just looks a bit like a Pit Bull they will take it away and put it down).

I've been around Pitties most of my life and they are some of the smartest and most loving animals you'll ever meet. Their downfall is that they are willing to do anything for their owners so you can train them to do anything. Add in the fact that they are the favourite dog of a lot of assholes who want aggressive dogs then that spells trouble. They should be banning owners and not the breed.

I watched a documentary on Michael Vic and his dog fighting operation. He had 22 Pit Bulls trained for and experienced fighters. Out of the 22, 20 were able to be trained and adoptable by the general public. The other 2 dogs were kept by the rescue shelter and they are big sucks as well as peaceful animals. It's astounding that they were able to send that many dogs to normal people's homes and truly shows how gentle and resilient this breed is. I highly doubt this could be replicated if it were another breed.

I wish I did live closer as id take you up on yo

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Do you not have social benefits where you live? I think even the US has disability (of course I could be wrong). There must be something you can apply for so you get money every month. Also there are rooming houses and other options (I'm sure not what you want and I don't blame you) for housing. At least it's a roof although I'm unsure about waiting times. I know where I live there is a 7-10 year wait for income adjusted housing.

Peoples ignorance about dogs never ceases to amaze me. I'm furious that they actually banned Pit Bulls in my province (worst of all is that they don't even test, if your dog just looks a bit like a Pit Bull they will take it away and put it down).

I've been around Pitties most of my life and they are some of the smartest and most loving animals you'll ever meet. Their downfall is that they are willing to do anything for their owners so you can train them to do anything. Add in the fact that they are the favourite dog of a lot of assholes who want aggressive dogs then that spells trouble. They should be banning owners and not the breed.

I watched a documentary on Michael Vic and his dog fighting operation. He had 22 Pit Bulls trained for and experienced fighters. Out of the 22, 20 were able to be trained and adoptable by the general public. The other 2 dogs were kept by the rescue shelter and they are big sucks as well as peaceful animals. It's astounding that they were able to send that many dogs to normal people's homes and truly shows how gentle and resilient this breed is. I highly doubt this could be replicated if it were another breed.

I wish I did live closer as id take you up on yo
We do have social benefits in the US, but the amount the give out is similar to or lower than those living at poverty level. (On edit I forgot to mention that this usually takes 2 to 3 years to obtain.)

There are "free" housing options, but these are usually joint homes and can be dangerous. Also, because of my head injury I cannot tolerate loud noises or bright lights. And I am often down with severe head pain among other problems, It would be very hard for me to live in some kind of group home.

I also have a really difficult time trusting people irl due to my past. If I lived in such a house I have no doubt that my PTSD would be even worse than it is now. And then there are food stamps - oi - what the government here gives out in food stamps is ludicrous. I do not know how people live on food stamps without some kind of supplemental food source.

I do think that one option for people would be to pool their disability income and find some kind of joint housing situation. In this way, those on disability might just be able to find a nice place to live; however, this would depend on the people involved and again, the noise would likely drive me insane or cause me further significant illness.

Pits are a lot like Rotties reputation wise. It is sad that people do not understand that that yes, they are protective, but they are also incredibly smart. and gentle (my Rottie is so very gentle).

Dogs are born to love and taught to hate. And it is humans that teach them to hate - which does not surprise me at all.

YES - I so agree that they should ban owners not dogs or in addition to obedience training for dogs, there should be training in dog ownership for humans as well!

Thank you for thinking of me and rendering some suggestions.

<3

Last edited:
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Well I am familiar with the dismal pay that you get from the government. Since I live with my dad (I'm 48, it's fucking embarrassing even if I am barely able to live on my own if I had the chance) I make a whopping $896 a month or in other words $14000 below the poverty line. As you can imagine im fighting off the goldiggers left and right haha.

Damn man, I thought my situation was bad. I can't imagine what you are going through and how you are doing it. You are a lot stronger and tougher than me that's for sure. I wish you luck and hope you can find the bus or a way to make your situation better in some way.

Taking about Rotties reminds me of a little story. I was invited over to a friend's place and she was saying that I had to go to the back of the house to get to her apartment. When I got there I saw a small house behind the main house and thought that was where she lived. As I approached the chainlink fence there were 2 Rotties in the yard and they immediately came right to the gate. Thinking they were hers I wasn't concerned and just walked in and started petting the dogs before knocking on the door.

It wasn't long before I hear her yelling at me to get my ass out of there and close the gate behind me. What I didn't know was that they were known to bite people and she was shocked that I made it without losing some flesh haha. While I've been called the dog whisperer as they usually always like me that wouldn't have been a time where I would have tested that theory willingly :)

• Love
Reactions: Weary Soul