Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I self harmed for quite a few years before my physical health problems made too weak to do it anymore. I have scars on my arms, ribcage, hip area, thighs, and some faint ones on my shins. The ones on my arms and upper legs are fairly visible and I sometimes notice people staring at them when I'm in public. I bet they think I'm crazy and disgusting.

I miss cutting so much. It made me feel great, like I had actually done something right for once. My health conditions are a little better so I could start doing it again, but there's a part of me that regrets it. These days I just hit myself instead because the bruises won't be permanent.

I feel like even if my life turned around I'd be ostracized because of my scars. I don't want to have to wear long sleeves and full length pants every single day just so I can hold a job. Have any of you been discriminated against because of your scars?

Reactions: Tyuiop and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
whywait

whywait

Nov 11, 2018
I have small scars all over my forearm, arm, and deep ones on one leg to the knee. I keep the legs covered mostly, but am over wearing long sleeves. A few times people caught sight of them, I told them I didn't want to talk about it. No one ever bothered me for it, in fact most people respond very kindly to me afterwards. But sometimes at work I catch customers staring or acting awkward to me (unable to make eye contact all of a sudden etc) and I get a little embarrassed. But overall, it's not anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be lol.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bread
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I haven't been through this. I just wanted to say I wish you luck in getting a new job and that it's a positive environment for you :happy:.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bread
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I haven't been through this. I just wanted to say I wish you luck in getting a new job and that it's a positive environment for you :happy:.
Thank you for your support though I wanted to clarify I've never had a job due to my poor health and I have no idea if I'll ever be well enough to work in the future. Just another reason to ctb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
divinized

divinized

Nov 26, 2018
I have some self harm scars on my right arm, shoulder, and one weird-looking puffy one on my leg. I'm trying to stop self harming for a bit because my family knows at the moment so it's a bit awkward. I know how you feel when you said you missed cutting. I usually try not to think about it or just pinch myself, but that barely helps lol.

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I self harmed for quite a few years before my physical health problems made too weak to do it anymore. I have scars on my arms, ribcage, hip area, thighs, and some faint ones on my shins. The ones on my arms and upper legs are fairly visible and I sometimes notice people staring at them when I'm in public. I bet they think I'm crazy and disgusting.

I miss cutting so much. It made me feel great, like I had actually done something right for once. My health conditions are a little better so I could start doing it again, but there's a part of me that regrets it. These days I just hit myself instead because the bruises won't be permanent.

I feel like even if my life turned around I'd be ostracized because of my scars. I don't want to have to wear long sleeves and full length pants every single day just so I can hold a job. Have any of you been discriminated against because of your scars?
Please don't start self harming again.
It is so hard to stop.I wish I could find something else in its place but unfortunately this has not happened yet.

Reactions: Tyuiop and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Christina

Christina

Dec 6, 2018
Yes I have them on my arms and I try to cover them up by wearing long sleves when I go out or with someone. I'm already a freak as it is and I dont want pity or judgement to be added on to that.

silentinbetween

silentinbetween

Apr 30, 2018
Yes, the bad ones from cutting are on my upper thighs and hips. I've been scratching and punching more recently, and I prefer that as they don't really scar. Well, I do have a couple of scars from scratching. It's not as much of a rush as cutting but it's better than nothing.