bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Does anyone else have hypersomnia? That is, they sleep 12 hours or more and lie in bed most of the day. I don't know if it's the medication or what, but I've been in my room or bed most of the day for months. It was not always like that, when I was well I slept at 8 o'clock, but now that I am not working, I have no incentive to go out.

Reactions: Skathon, Deathbydemo, Carrotcake and 3 others
C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
No, I don´t have that. But I know that some people felt better after drinking Rosemary tea in the morning. And if you can't sleep at night Melatonin could help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bad luck
Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
I go back and forth between insomnia and hypersomnia. For the last week or two i slept for about 10 hours all together, but the few weeks before that I was getting at least 14 hours per night. The insomnia is caused by my heart condition flaring up which keeps me awake all night, I think hypersomnia is my natural state because I don't suffer as much when I'm asleep so i try to spend as much time sleeping as possible

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Yes, I sleep a lot of hours. Not during the day but my night's sleep is at least 10 hours long.

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
There are days that the medication works for me and others that I stay awake, very relaxed by the benzos, yes, and then I go to sleep and wake up at noon.

Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I'm so exhausted all of the time so I sleep a lot and lie in bed even more. I can barely get myself out of bed to eat something, let alone do anything productive.

Reactions: demuic, Skathon, Deathbydemo and 2 others
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
How long will it be long enough to win the guinness record for lying down? ^^ U

LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Yes, night is my friend. The day is my enemy.

• Love
Reactions: Carrotcake and bad luck
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
When I wasn't used to my meds, I was sleeping sometimes up to 18 hours a day. Now I've been able to cut it down to 12 hours and as little as 10 sometimes

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
There are days in which I seem to experiene hypersomnia, but not everyday.
For example, yesterday, I spent all day in bed watching anime and sleeping whereas today I've been doing some stuff. It's a day much more productive than yesterday.

• Hugs
Reactions: bad luck and Squiddy
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
I'll be honest I envy those who has the ability to fall asleep fast with great lengths.

Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Yeah, I barely get out of bed anymore to do anything. I don't even have the energy to cook for myself anymore. I can't wait until all this bullshit is over.

inhabitinglots

inhabitinglots

Bad Habit
Oct 28, 2020
Does anyone else have hypersomnia? That is, they sleep 12 hours or more and lie in bed most of the day. I don't know if it's the medication or what, but I've been in my room or bed most of the day for months. It was not always like that, when I was well I slept at 8 o'clock, but now that I am not working, I have no incentive to go out.
Yea I do, I sleep most of the time and i just cant seem to stop. Theres no real reason to.

Reactions: StringPuppet and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Same as me, hehe
I'll be honest I envy those who has the ability to fall asleep fast with great lengths.
Well, I don't fall asleep immediately and I have a cocktail of pills to knock out anyone, but if I sleep a lot, except for a few days, I wake up a lot, but I compensate with a nap.

Last edited:
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I feel this way too. But sometimes I'm having a hard time going to sleep at night, because then before you know it it's the next morning. So it's the day again, and you have to get through another day.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah, I barely get out of bed anymore to do anything. I don't even have the energy to cook for myself anymore. I can't wait until all this bullshit is over.
I know how to cook but sometimes I go to the basics and quickly just because I don't have a midnight hbre. Sometimes just a yogurt or milk with a cookie.
When I wasn't used to my meds, I was sleeping sometimes up to 18 hours a day. Now I've been able to cut it down to 12 hours and as little as 10 sometimes
Now I am a zombie with a dose increase. I have to have some coffees to be alert for a while When he was not taking medication, he slept but was tired. At least with the benzos I'm relaxed.
There are days in which I seem to experiene hypersomnia, but not everyday.
For example, yesterday, I spent all day in bed watching anime and sleeping whereas today I've been doing some stuff. It's a day much more productive than yesterday.
I no longer think in terms of productivity. I am in utter neglect
Yea I do, I sleep most of the time and i just cant seem to stop. Theres no real reason to.
I understand you. Sleep = to not be aware of this shitty world

Last edited:
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I need 12 hours of sleep to just feel human, 10 when I am feeling well. And even with that sleep I'm tired and in bed/on the couch most of the time.

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I need 12 hours of sleep to just feel human, 10 when I am feeling well. And even with that sleep I'm tired and in bed/on the couch most of the time.
Yes. Me too. I have gained weight although I am correct. But before I did exercise and now I'm a scab ^^ U

L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
I don't know. There are days when I don't sleep at all then there are days no amount of sleep is enough