R

Rachel

Student
Aug 30, 2018
I've felt it for years but I dont know what happens to cause it. I'll plan or think about my suicide and my chest gets this quick tightness. The feeling accompanied by it is similar to that feeling you get before going down a big roller coster drop. Just curious if this happens to anyone else?

Reactions: pleasethistime, Tortured_empath, lilyeehaw and 4 others
mold

mold

local fungi
Jun 25, 2019
my therapist says it's the body's way of saying that you're anxious or afraid. you might not be afraid but i suppose it's just human nature for the body to react like that

Reactions: throwaway123, lilyeehaw, Rachel and 1 other person
Bardia

Bardia

Jul 11, 2019
For sure, especially the more real it seems and the more concrete my planning.

Reactions: lilyeehaw, Rachel and HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Yup. All humans get this. This is called the Fight or
Flight response (more recently labeled 'anxiety') because even before we evolved to be civilized, we had this response when we were in life threatening danger from predators or natural disasters. The heart races, pupils dilate, skin becomes flush, muscles tense, digestion slows, and thinking becomes sharp and alert to decide on how to survive.

The body is designed to want to survive, and therefore tries to prevent you to commit suicide by sending these signals. Isn't life a joy? >.<

V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
Hmm, nope not really. Antidepressants have made me pretty much emotionless.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
No. Only when I've smoked too much weed.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
S

Solepurpose

Jun 27, 2019
Yes!
I get this when I really "go there" and think about ctb. It feels someone is stabbing me in the chest while dropping me from a building.

I thought to myself before, that when that feeling is gone... it is time to do it.
Lol. Might never stop tho bc as earlier posts it is a reflex, panic/anxiety/overwhelming feelings.