• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Does anyone else feel sad that everyone they know has grown up? Personally, I think it's kind of sad that my peers and I have grown up and become adults, and now we're expected to enter the big, bad world. I weep for our lost innocence and childhoods.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: girlsboysthems, Ambivalent1, 710 and 7 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
To a certain extent, yes. I'm much older than you- probably nearly double your age- 44. But, most of my friends now have children of their own. So much of their time is now dedicated to them- as it should be. So, I've pretty much lost close friendships.

In other ways though, that's taught me an important lesson- that it's not a good idea to rely on other people. I have a solitary, socially anxious side too and it suits that side of me not to have to see people.

I suppose, I just accept it really. Growing older, all these things feel ineviatble- without monumental amounts of effort to keep friendships alive. I wouldn't want to be young again though. I'm glad that time's past!

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, carac, cryone and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I can't be sad about this as, aside from family members, I don't and never knew anybody else in my life

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, Fractal and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Surprisingly no. All my main friends are younger than me and even the ones that are around the same age are still relatively stuck in life same as I am thanks to rising costs of inflation and the general misery of the economy. I'm about to enter my 30s in a few days so maybe in about a year or two I'll be feeling this way…

Reactions: cryone and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Not really, I've lost contact with all of them and just assume everyone's doing their own thing. It'd be pretty weird for me to ''weep'' for them cause I've not the slightest clue what their childhoods were like outside the moments we shared. I don't know why people just assume all children are protected and suddenly thrust out into the world the moment they become adults - I think at every age there's always going to be some shit. Imo being ''innocent'' is just another word for being inexperienced, naive and/or ignorant, I don't find anything sad about growing out of it. Growing up is just broadening your understanding of the world and yourself.
Lol maybe I was a bit melodramatic using the word "weep" but I guess I'm just sad about it overall. Growing up is just being a slave to work, capitalism and society for the rest of your life, I think it's sad that we all have to do this and that this is our eventual fate
I can't be sad about this as, aside from family members, I don't and never knew anybody else in my life
I just mean like my fellow students, not even the ones I know on a personal level, but everyone in general. It's sad that they'll all have to become slaves to capitalism and work for a living just to survive

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature
G

Grumble

Lingering
Aug 25, 2018
Huh, I'd never thought of this as a thing before. I guess one positive aspect about coming out of high school and post-secondary without any friends is that you don't have to watch anyone else around you "grow up".

On the other hand, it's pretty tough watching my family age, especially my parents......

Reactions: sserafim
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Sometimes I feel sad about the past version of me that had a slight glimmer of hope that things would turn out better, but I've just accepted the facts as they are instead of just merely hoping. I don't think I had much innocence growing up due to trauma, but I held hope that once I became an adult I could turn things around. I was very wrong.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
It feels as if I've been left in the dust, to be honest. I'm just watching everyone race ahead of me, living their lives, while I'm still stuck in my same room, same place.

Reactions: ihatemylifee and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It feels as if I've been left in the dust, to be honest. I'm just watching everyone race ahead of me, living their lives, while I'm still stuck in my same room, same place.
Same, but I don't want to enter the race or actually live life. I wish that time could stay frozen forever…

Reactions: ihatemylifee
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
It sucks to see my friend that used to complain about society now has a job and just... accepted it. It's pathetic on their part in my opinion, and I'm a little sad about it as well, sad that they just decided to give in and follow captialism. And the people I know but I'm not close with are all working, and it's not sad but it's just weird. They've grown up and chose to accept reality, while I'm trying to run away and seek death. It's just so different. It's also a little scary, I fear one day if I don't die in a few years I will give in to the status quo and become another cog in the machine.

Reactions: ihatemylifee and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It sucks to see my friend that used to complain about society now has a job and just... accepted it. It's pathetic on their part in my opinion, and I'm a little sad about it as well, sad that they just decided to give in and follow captialism. And the people I know but I'm not close with are all working, and it's not sad but it's just weird. They've grown up and chose to accept reality, while I'm trying to run away and seek death. It's just so different. It's also a little scary, I fear one day if I don't die in a few years I will give in to the status quo and become another cog in the machine.
Same, all of my peers are working, and I think it's weird that they've just accepted it. I wonder why none of them tried to rebel against it or put up a fight. I wonder why they all conformed to the status quo. I guess that the social conditioning/brainwashing worked on them, but not me? They must've all drank the kool-aid or something. Idk, maybe it's my ASD that lets me see the world differently from them. I've always prided myself on being different from others. I'm not easily influenced by other people and sometimes I like to rebel and defy just for fun.

Even my friend with ADHD has a job now, she's become just another cog in the system. It kind of makes me sad in a way, how yet another person gave in. Personally, there's nothing I would hate more than to be just another cog in the machine. I refuse to give into the status quo. I'll rage against the machine until the day I die. I've thought about ctb to protest against capitalism and society.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scythe
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
I've never liked adults. Seeing my age group as adults is very isolating because I don't want to know them