neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐀 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™
May 24, 2023
Does anyone else feel overly emotional? I write paragraphs to my friends and people I've found an interest in explaining my love and feelings for them, some of them almost seem to cringe or tell me "I'm too emotional" and to "not take life so seriously"? Maybe it's because I feel like I haven't really grown up yet for mature relationships? Like, I'm not as stoic as I should be? What's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, one time I called a friend in the late afternoon after I hadn't talked to him in a while. I asked him how he was doing and told him how much I missed hanging out. He talked with a voice of confusion as to why I called him. Like we weren't friends like that or something. Am I putting my friendships on too high of a pedestal then!?? :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: astr4
LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
I do! That's another reason for further isolating myself, I'm cringe, I'm repressed and ready to pour my heart out as soon as somebody is willing to listen. It always feels like I am trying to make up for all of the years of loneliness. It feels sort of selfish, what I do. But again, I think it's because of all those years of loneliness.

• Hugs
Reactions: neurotic
neurotic

neurotic

May 24, 2023
I do! That's another reason for further isolating myself, I'm cringe, I'm repressed and ready to pour my heart out as soon as somebody is willing to listen. It always feels like I am trying to make up for all of the years of loneliness. It feels sort of selfish, what I do. But again, I think it's because of all those years of loneliness.
Like you missed out on all the experiences you should have been having?

Reactions: LapseInTime
LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
Like you missed out on all the experiences you should have been having?
Like I've been holding it in for years and now it comes gushing out; I can talk a lot, I can feel a lot, I can do anything that screams "I want to connect". It's like having sugar for the first time in years, you realize what you've been missing out on all along. Though, I am usually overwhelmed. This leads to me being guilty, thus more emotional and that's how the cycle starts. It's a huge chunk of why I consciously try to isolate myself. I'm isolated. The longing for communication and connection piles up and gushes out. Then, I realize that this is weird which in turn makes me want to go back to being isolated.

• Hugs
Reactions: neurotic
neurotic

neurotic

May 24, 2023
Like I've been holding it in for years and now it comes gushing out; I can talk a lot, I can feel a lot, I can do anything that screams "I want to connect". It's like having sugar for the first time in years, you realize what you've been missing out on all along. Though, I am usually overwhelmed. This leads to me being guilty, thus more emotional and that's how the cycle starts. It's a huge chunk of why I consciously try to isolate myself. I'm isolated. The longing for communication and connection piles up and gushes out. Then, I realize that this is weird which in turn makes me want to go back to being isolated.
I think I may be at the stage before this, I'm currently starting to understand that I'm lacking heavily in the social department, as I've been around nothing but family and the same close friends for over 5 years. I'm desperately seeking connection now, getting out of the house as much as I can, doing so many new things to meet new people, I know it's something I definitely need in my life if I'm ever going to get better. I've felt connections before, but it's been sooo long and I've been in a relationship with someone I felt no connection with because I thought maybe I did I just didn't know it yet.

LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
I think I may be at the stage before this, I'm currently starting to understand that I'm lacking heavily in the social department, as I've been around nothing but family and the same close friends for over 5 years. I'm desperately seeking connection now, getting out of the house as much as I can, doing so many new things to meet new people, I know it's something I definitely need in my life if I'm ever going to get better. I've felt connections before, but it's been sooo long and I've been in a relationship with someone I felt no connection with because I thought maybe I did I just didn't know it yet.
Do try to connect. Even if some people turn you down, it's ALL better than bottling it all up. Don't stay like that, do branch out because it gets harder and harder the more you hold it in. Kick the habit as soon as you can. Even holding on to the few close friends you have can be a lifesaver; radically better than having none.

warriorkot

warriorkot

enjoy the unknown
Sep 20, 2023
i experience this. everything i feel is heightened. i choose to not be in relationships anymore.

TodsΓΌnde

TodsΓΌnde

witnessing the battle between my body and my soul
Apr 20, 2024
If I get overwhelmed my brain just shuts off and I don't feel shot anymore so I choose to not engage in any kind of relationship anymore. It always ends in the same way and I'm just too much to handle anyway. So better be alone even if it's hard sometimes.