D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I've been to the psych ward multiple times, and each time I wanted to stay there and make it my home. There's nothing much to be liked about the facility, but for some reason I feel like I need to spend each day of my short life there. Does anyone else feel like this? I feel so confused as to why I feel like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: denix66, UtopianSoliloquies, hopeisdead and 1 other person
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I feel this so hard. It was literally my second home. Everytime I had to leave I would get so upset.

• Love
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies, hopeisdead and DepressedChemMajor
Don’tDoxMe

Don’tDoxMe

Victim of abuse and the US healthcare system
Oct 19, 2023
Yes, I'm like this too. Psych wards are my safe space. It's called institutionalization.

• Informative
Reactions: Action, hopeisdead and DepressedChemMajor
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I feel this so hard. It was literally my second home. Everytime I had to leave I would get so upset.
I feel upset every time too, the psych ward is the only place I feel safe for myself and others. I've been suicidal since I was 6 years old, and no other place made me feel "let's just enjoy this and put suicide aside for a bit". I've come to the point that it's hard for me to even perform basic tasks outside of the psych ward because I keep missing it.

• Love
Reactions: hopeisdead, hiddenbpd and Some place nice
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Personally no, but then if they help you and you feel safe there then there is nothing strange thinking this

Reactions: undecided and gardenfairy
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Personally no, but then if they help you and you feel safe there then there is nothing strange thinking this
The doctors haven't done anything to change anything about me, it's only the ward itself that makes me feel like this

Reactions: Catch-22
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Personally I hate them they should be torn down it´s just centers for kidnapped people like us to be locked up in

darknesscomesquick

darknesscomesquick

Not all who wander are lost—trying to find an exit
Sep 19, 2023
I do feel this way when I start using the ward as my safe place. I know it's not anything the staff do, though. It's definitely the other people that are in there. Some of my best friends are people I met while in the psych unit. I think it's the camaraderie maybe? We all got put there because we didn't want to keep trying to live in this shitty world after all...

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead and undecided
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I've never been in a psych ward, but i've been many times in the hospital for surgeries. And yes, i had these feelings. In the hospital i'm treated well by everyone, nurses, doctors etc, i take drugs, i'm a numb bubble in which nothing bad can happen (i mean, i could die or having complications of course, but what do i care if i die??), i don't have an abusive family anymore, no more stupid coworokers, no more comparisons with other people etc

Reactions: Action
C

chinadoll

Oct 28, 2023
I think it can be a genuinely helpful experience. Wether or not you need to be hospitalized for the rest of your life, going in to a program to reset and give yourself resources to feel better is always good.

Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
This thread definitely makes me think. I've been a day patient at psych hospitals twice and both times were positive experiences for me. I was in inpatient once (after an attempt) for a few days and it was so bad that it scared me off attempting again because the next time they wouldn't believe me when I said I'd seen the light and didn't want to ctb anymore, and I'd be stuck there for who knows how long.

The actual experience was just awful. Still wanting to ctb, but being stuck here. Windows and doors all locked (even the ones too small to get through or only leading to an enclosed courtyard), no way to charge phones other than getting a visitor to do it, basically zero interaction between staff and patients even if I've spent 6 hours crying and I've heard lots of people talk about how these places often do more harm than good to autistic people.

It's been floated as a potential thing to try for me soon, but even the psychiatrist didn't seem to think it (or anything else he could think of) would really help. Maybe it might be worth trying if I can get a similar experience to OP and others.

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I have stressed terribly about leaving. Mostly because I still feel likr i want to die and less guilty catchingtb in there