peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
Whenever im overwhelmed with emotions, I tend to resort to cutting myself in order to gain some sort of control on myself,
Its a good coping mechanism for when going through hard times, and it helps with my anxiety,
Does anyone feel the same way?

• Love
Reactions: Oeoe3, dagyu, Dejavu and 1 other person
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
Oh it absolutely used to be a grounding activity of mine!

I was once going through some sort of derealization and hypomania and felt I needed to do it to get back to myself.

It worked!

Reactions: peachchildtenshi
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I knew a guy who had the habit to cut himself for pleasure to see the cutting on this arm he even cut a blue whale and and a celtic cross but he was very lucky to have a father who bought him everything so he was able to win his demons since whatever problem he has daddy will come along with a lot of money

• Yay!
Reactions: Placo
T

Trying To Live

Aug 18, 2024
I did cut myself a couple of times. It helped me because I was in so much pain. Just to snap back into reality.

Try to not make a habit out of it. There are a lot of coping mechanism out there.

I wish you the best.

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Not cut but I do slap and punch myself to gain control of myself, it's oddly calming.

A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
Whenever im overwhelmed with emotions, I tend to resort to cutting myself in order to gain some sort of control on myself,
Its a good coping mechanism for when going through hard times, and it helps with my anxiety,
You know I never understood people who cut themselves but now when I get a migraine or a strong physical pain anywhere else, it kind of makes me feel better because I don't focus on the unbearable emotional pain, I know it's not the same but I'm starting to understand the need better. I'm really sorry you are in that much emotional pain…the universe is cruel

• Hugs
Açucarzinho583

Açucarzinho583

com café!
Sep 14, 2023
I know it seems strange to those on the outside, but for me, cutting is a way to feel alive. When anxiety consumes me and it feels like I'm suffocating, the physical pain becomes a kind of relief. It's as if, for a moment, I can control something amidst the chaos happening inside my head.

• Love
Reactions: Oeoe3, sweetcreep and VentureOverwatch
VentureOverwatch

VentureOverwatch

Aug 18, 2024
I cut a lot when I'm stressed and weed isn't helping enough. After I'm done I feel really calm and that I took out some of the stress from the day.

kmycluisfe

kmycluisfe

I wish it would all stop at once
Mar 8, 2023
When I'm really anxious I start to scratch my arm or leg a lot

One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
I too cut myself but it's not really for me to gain control of myself. For me it's more of carving a path for the sadness to leave my body. And the feel of my blood running down my body also gives me dopamine lol. As well as the pain afterwards for the next few days as the wound heals.

• Hugs
Reactions: VentureOverwatch
almost dead mota

almost dead mota

Tomorrow never comes
Aug 15, 2024
One time I squeezed my skin and body very hard to cause harm all over, I cut my belly, and I made myself vomit and I even puked a bit of blood. I have no idea why I did it it was weird af I didn't feel control but neither did I felt anything else. It was a time of heavy dissociation from reality, I was on ssris I don't know if that has to do with it. Well it never happened again and I never understood why I did it. I stopped taking those pills too

YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Yup.

huntermellow

huntermellow

another bpd death statistic
Aug 6, 2024
i've been doing it since i was 11. it's like as a way to express how bad i'm feeling other than just crying and also as a way to punish myself ig. i used to do it to calm my anxiety attacks as well because the stinging pain would distract me. but i also like making myself bleed and cutting deep and having a bunch of scars… it's weird but i want more 'attractive' scars

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress
dagyu

dagyu

Aug 20, 2024
yes, cutting makes me feel again everytime i do it.