failure383

failure383

Student
Jul 2, 2024
I've felt for more than 5 years now constantly bad (low mood, anhedonia, apathy, feeling of worthlessness and so on), but for about a week in this year, this wasn't the case. I literally woke up content with my circumstances (even though the bed I woke up in, was a hospital bed) and felt like I had some inherent value and had high motivation to do things. This feeling appeared suddenly, without any precursor or signs. I told my psychiatrist back then and she was surprised too.
Eventually, after a week, the motivation and the feeling of value, disappeared and spiraled into my default state. I was just as depressed as before. I took new medication, but the doctor said herself, it was not possible for it to work this fast (Also why did it last only so briefly then?). I have considered a manic episode as an option, albeit I never had one before and never had one after. I don't have any diagnoses that would make that plausible either. Also I don't think my mood and overall state was really not manic.

Did anybody else experience such a brief period of content and elevated mood, that disappeared just as quickly as it came, without any signs or precursor?