JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
After opening uo to my psychiatrist I cringe a lot and overthink what I said and I feel guilty and ashamed and elbarrassed for complaining about my life. And I have to avoid anything mental illness related or cringe related because it makes me hate myself. Am I the only one????

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MyFinalProject, ryo the frog, makethepainstop and 7 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's definitely embarassing to talk about, it helps talking to someone that makes you feel better when you talk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Susannah and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
No, I'm pretty sure most people feel that way about therapy. I think its completely normal to feel like one is just complaining, like you're life has to be so much worse before you're allowed to complain. Plus its really difficult to trust people with intimate personal details, even in confidence. It takes time.

Post-rationalization is a really common thing, and most people don't realize they're doing it. We try to come up with a reason why we did something or felt the way we felt, when the truth is often that emotion, impulse, or that we just don't know why.

t-rex

t-rex

Jan 8, 2022
It's definitely embarassing to talk about, it helps talking to someone that makes you feel better when you talk.

Yes, find someone who really listens and doesn't judge. It makes a world of difference. I didn't realize how bad a listener my current psychiatrist is until I briefly (in a treatment center) had a different psychiatrist. Made me realize I need to find a new psychiatrist who takes the time to understand me. I still haven't done that yet...

Unfortunately many psychiatrists are little more than pill jockeys. They don't have the time to sit and listen the way a psychotherapist does. You're in and out in 10 or 15 minutes, and they just want to know what prescriptions to change, add, or delete. Do you have a therapist in addition to a psychiatrist? They would probably be a better listener.

But try not to worry about sharing too much. Your psychiatrist needs to know exactly what's going on with you so he/she can treat you properly. It's all valid stuff.

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
After opening uo to my psychiatrist I cringe a lot and overthink what I said and I feel guilty and ashamed and elbarrassed for complaining about my life. And I have to avoid anything mental illness related or cringe related because it makes me hate myself. Am I the only one????
Not really. I feel like i was taken advantage off

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I especially feel like this when I am sharing with someone who I don't trust and doesn't have related experiences

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and Susannah
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Oh, no! I believe I have enough self hate for ten people. I absolutely, positively hate, my size, hair and eye color. I hate that I wasn't raised by a real badass Dad, who knew how to handle smart assed, uppity, rebellious teenage boys. I hate that I didn't reincarnate into a very loving, extremely wealthy family. So for this life I got NOTHING. If there is a God I'm not too sure he likes me.

Last edited: