F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm having this happen again, and it increases the push to ctb. It just sort of happened that all around the same time things transpire and u start to feel like your friendships or intimate relationships are not working all at the same time and then there u are like oh fuck lol! I'm suddenly very alone besides my new kitten Tigger. He's been helpful thank god I got this kitten for real. He is a buffer to protect me from too much ruminating and total isolation. I gotta show u guys pic :) 8AFB3E81 0DF1 4A52 81C4 759D68D83E8F

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TearyEyedQueen, StillWaiting, Lary and 10 others
Alexus

Alexus

Sep 11, 2019
Yes, I always get a good group of friends that I think they can understand me but time runs and I feel like people just get tired of me or I'm just bothering in their lifes so I just take distance from them and eventually we never get to meet or talk again. I guess I'm right when I think that I'm a bother in their lifes because they never try to talk to me again :'D

• Hugs
Reactions: Lary and Final Escape
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I don't have friends or a relationship to even push away. But your kitten is so cute! I have my dogs to keep me from total isolation and going insane. :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lary, Élégie, Little Mook and 2 others
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
All the time. Hooray for dogs ❤
...... and cats!

• Love
Reactions: Lary, Élégie, Little Mook and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah sometimes, I do just lose contact temporarily with people, mainly because I'm lost in my thoughts and emotions and/or going through a shit time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lary, Little Mook and Final Escape
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
people cut ME out of their lives and its the worst.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lary, Alexus, LittleJem and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I contacted a lady I really like whom I had met at a NA meeting. I guess there's a NA convention going on so I'm going to that today. Oh god I'm relieved to have somewhere to go today lol! To be around people. I'm aware that I'm carrying a great deal of shame about the work I'm doing to support myself and this is a reason that I think I keep people at a distance.

I've not been able to successfully change this yet but I'm embarrassed about it and I have to lie to people I meet about what I do because I mean if u tell pple you're a sex worker they can have mixed reactions. Some people are understanding but others will assume you're garbage as a whole. Anyway this lady does know what I do but she has not been rejecting over it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lary, Élégie, Alexus and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
No, I have long-standing stable friendships. My decision to die if things don't change has prompted some trash to take itself out, but I still have amazing friends who stand by me until the bitter end. I'm immensely grateful to have them.

• Love
Reactions: Lary, Élégie, Little Mook and 1 other person
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Very cute kitty :)

But yes i do- when it gets real bad I cut ppl out. Except for my boyfriend. (Or else ill get like 100 missed calls :/)

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
No, I have long-standing stable friendships. My decision to die if things don't change has prompted some trash to take itself out, but I still have amazing friends who stand by me until the bitter end. I'm immensely grateful to have them.
You're very fortunate that u are able to securely attach and not sabotage relationships unconsciously. Even though I don't do it on purpose I can go into a painful flashback and pull away from people. The idealize, devalue thing. Seeing pple as all good or all bad at times. Even though I'm aware to an extent now when I'm doing this it still catches me off guard.
Very cute kitty :)

But yes i do- when it gets real bad I cut ppl out. Except for my boyfriend. (Or else ill get like 100 missed calls :/)
Thanks, he's very sweet and great disposition so far.

Reactions: Lary
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You're very fortunate that u are able to securely attach and not sabotage relationships unconsciously. Even though I don't do it on purpose I can go into a painful flashback and pull away from people. The idealize, devalue thing. Seeing pple as all good or all bad at times. Even though I'm aware to an extent now when I'm doing this it still catches me off guard.

I hope you can find a way to be aware of your reactions as they arise and not give in to them.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I hope you can find a way to be aware of your reactions as they arise and not give in to them.
I've improved but the one where I'll idealize and devalue or the splitting has been the one that seems difficult to control. I have poor object constancy that probably happened in the early years with my mom not being able to properly mirror or attach. Lol!

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I've improved but the one where I'll idealize and devalue or the splitting has been the one that seems difficult to control. I have poor object constancy that probably happened in the early years with my mom not being able to properly mirror or attach. Lol!

Hmm, maybe not approach it in terms of controlling it (because emotions cannot really be controlled) but just noticing it and letting it go through you. Sort of 'Feeling of rejection, here you are, now you can fuck off.' That' what I do.

Oh, ask me about it. Most of us here have crazy mothers, in fact, most people irl also do. Fuckers.

Reactions: Lary, Élégie and Final Escape
R

Rational Suicide

Oct 12, 2019
Nothing I'd love better than to have some solitude and not feel bone crushingly depressed because of it. The problem is our society targets loners so we feel pressured to gather in groups for safety, even though for some that's very taxing. They don't like introverts out there.

I usually isolate myself when I am feeling burdensome and in a dark place. It does eventually pass and I can sometimes latch on to activities with the friends I've got which bring me out of my shell. I'm trying to do that now.

Reactions: Final Escape and Little Mook
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I don't talk to the friends that I've made at school anymore. I just can't keep up the act.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'd love to be a sex worker. You're very lucky. Don't worry what people think about it. Anyone who finds themselves on this forum should no longer be concerned about the opinions (often idiotic, but often reasonable too) of the "many too many".

Please don't quote
Please dont quote
Please don't quote
There are aspects I enjoy but mostly it's because u can be who u are with people u meet. There's no micromanagement and having to deal with the stress of being tied to the place u are employed and all the rules u have to follow in most jobs. Sometimes it really sucks but other times it can be fun depending on the client obviously. It can be complicated especially if u fall in love with one of your clients lol! Often I will see guys I'm unlikely to get attached to in order to avoid that.

Reactions: Lary and Alexus
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I don't have to, people cut themselves out for me. Good thing about having certain medical conditions, no one wants to have to care for you if something were to happen.

Reactions: Lary, Final Escape and Alexus
B

brain problems

defective
May 31, 2019
Cute kitty! :heart:
I do the same thing, idk why. At least cats will always be there for us lol

• Love
H

hopelessandbroken

May 25, 2019
i do that sometimes when things start to get bad. also if im not close with anyone and choose to die it wont hurt anyone.

Reactions: Lary, Final Escape and Alexus
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Good looking orange cat!

Yep. I'll push people away, hold them at arm's length, never let them in, lie, obfuscate and omit, never call or text, seldom interact, not put in the effort to build and maintain relationships, not put in the effort to build and maintain mutual hobbies and interests, be negative, snide and snarky, and, in general, be a real cunt to people.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I tend to isolate myself a lot could be a coping mechanism so sometimes I do cut people out of my life not because I don't want people in my life because I can't be bothered by other people.

In other cases I do enjoy the company of others but don't want to be a bothered by others.

Lary

Lary

Apr 25, 2019
Some people who know me have gotten used to my ups and downs. Every once in a while I disappear, talk to no one else, then come back.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I did it at 11-12. It made things worse and I never had a solid friend group after that. Not recommended.