• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

highonlife

Jul 1, 2018
It's hard getting yourself to die. How much does alcohol actually help? Personally I feel it could go both ways. If you're in a fine mood you'd probably be like nah, but if you feel shit... I mean, I've never felt shit whilst drunk? It's always made me feel better,

Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, Dawn0071111, goxua and 7 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Alcohol could give you courage, depending on how much you drink (tolerance levels and what not). If you drink too much, you may become too drunk to carry out the attempt successfully, depending on the level of inebriation. Basically, alcohol lowers your inhibition (restraint and self-consciousness) to do what you do, so when people are drunk, they have more courage and less self-restraint.

In other words, it depends but it may help if you consume in moderate amounts, enough to lower your inhibition and overcome your SI (survival instinct), but still conscious and have enough motor skill along with dexterity to carry out your method.

Reactions: DeathImminent, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Depends on the person and the type of alcohol they are drinking.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Alcohol could give you courage, depending on how much you drink (tolerance levels and what not). If you drink too much, you may become too drunk to carry out the attempt successfully, depending on the level of inebriation. Basically, alcohol lowers your inhibition (restraint and self-consciousness) to do what you do, so when people are drunk, they have more courage and less self-restraint.

In other words, it depends but it may help if you consume in moderate amounts, enough to lower your inhibition and overcome your SI (survival instinct), but still conscious and have enough motor skill along with dexterity to carry out your method.
this x 100

It happened to me when I drank too much and kept dropping my equipment to ctb with. You gotta eat a little first and take a couple shots and that's it, depending on your tolerance. That way you have your inhibition lowered but still retain enough motor function to properly ctb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Smilla and 4 others
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
To add on to the above, maybe figure out how much alcohol you need before you decide to ctb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Smilla and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
^ true

Go to the bar and get 2 shots. After that see how you feel.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I drank an entire bottle of champange to celebrate and it did the trick.... well at least to overcome conscious SI. But in a Blackout I escaped my room of CO gas.

I have no idea how to get my Moet in and do the SN method...

• Hugs
Reactions: Elias
DeathImminent

DeathImminent

Experienced
Aug 9, 2019
I drank an entire bottle of champange to celebrate and it did the trick.... well at least to overcome conscious SI. But in a Blackout I escaped my room of CO gas.

I have no idea how to get my Moet in and do the SN method...
Wow how did you dig up this 1 year old post :D

DeathImminent

DeathImminent

Experienced
Aug 9, 2019
What? What do you mean? My attempt was in January... You might be mixing my story up with someones elses maybe?
No i mean you are replying to a thread that have been made in december 2018 :) its very old

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
No i mean you are replying to a thread that have been made in december 2018 :) its very old
OHHH!!! lmao.. I didn't even see the date.... I dunno.... the thread popped up somehow and I responded to it...lol

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
OHHH!!! lmao.. I didn't even see the date.... I dunno.... the thread popped up somehow and I responded to it...lol
My screen lists "similar threads" to the one I'm viewing and I've clicked on those not realising some are over a year old. Maybe that's how you found it? :)

Reactions: Dawn0071111
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I'd say yes as I'm really tough when I'm drunk.

White_Room293

White_Room293

rapid cycling gay guy
Sep 13, 2019
It's hard getting yourself to die. How much does alcohol actually help? Personally I feel it could go both ways. If you're in a fine mood you'd probably be like nah, but if you feel shit... I mean, I've never felt shit whilst drunk? It's always made me feel better,
No, not even with benzos and alcohol could I get the courage to do it. That's why I marked jumping as my last resort for suicide.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Half of all suicides are alcohol related. And I understand that people need alcohol to succeed in suicide - there is nothing harder than overcoming survival instinct. However, it depends on the method whether it works with alcohol. It is an awkward situation: alcohol is needed to suppress anxiety, but the method may fail due to alcohol. Alcohol didn´t work for me anyway. I think it is best to stay sober and use courage instead.

Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
Simply answer; yes. It helps tremendously.