chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and support.

I'm finally sure about my method. CO with Charcoal.

Will be early October (in 2-3 weeks).

I wanted to try Scuba Nitrogen, but it's just too hard to find the gas and the parts in the UK. I could travel and try but it all feels so complex.

So going to attempt in early October with CO.

The only thing I'm worried about is brain damage if I fail.

How concerned should I be? (Tent outdoors).

Also will documenting the attempt help?

• Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr and Praestat_Mori
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I posted a CO guide in this thread:
How concerned should I be?
If you fail permanent brain damage is very likely. So make sure you are doing it right. As I suggested several times in other threads, I would always use two BBQ each with the required amount of coal. I would use a Weber® kettle grill or something similar. I´m surprised you don´t want to use an inert gas method. Of course it takes some time to find the gas. But this is certainly your decision.

Brain demage without oxygen

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
I read elsewhere that if you mess it up (6000 ppm and not 10000 ppm) you might survive and live with severe brain damage.

Thank you so much for this information @befree.

Seriously concerning.

In this case I think maybe I need to put more effort into finding the gas for Scuba. I will do some more research.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
CO is a little bit lighter than air. Lying on the floor is the worst position there's higher concentration in the upper parts of a room/tent.

6000 ppm should be enough within about 30 minutes, 10k ppm are better.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
You can fail with any method, especially if you don´t use a proven guide and a high quality equipment.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Having done more research, it looks like the failure rate with this method can be high. It's not so easy.

I think @befree has changed my mind. I will try to get the gas.

I will post more on the Scuba megathread.

Thanks so much for your support everyone - maybe you just saved me from brain damage!!

H

helllcreator

Aug 5, 2023
I tried a few weekends ago. Failed but my advice. If sending ctb notes/texts try sent them up to send as delayed messages cause family members can be awake at 3am when they should be asleep... seeing blue ticks as you're about to load buckets of charcoal into the car isn't a good thing

But I will say, I tried cheapish charcoal from morrisons and it didn't seem to burn very well. Struggled to get an even ignition and it seemed to be burning still very hot when I was about to load it. Now I'm not sure if its because I maybe picked the wrong product for the purpose or if its just how the charcoal burns.
It may just be a case that I have not quite understood the stage to stick it in the car and i needed to wait a little longer but when I eventually dumped the buckets out after phone calls and shit they're seemed to be very little coals and a lot of Ash at the bottom. But the coals on top looked exactly like some photos shown in the mega thread on CO

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Thanks for the response @hellcreator

Yeah, I think like with any method, following the guidelines is more likely to result in success.

So sorry to know that you wanted to catch the bus.

Wish you peace.

From the research I've done, high quality charcoal seems to be an important factor.

A CO meter would also tell the amounts.

H

helllcreator

Aug 5, 2023
Yea I did plan and sorta prepared a lot for it. I couldn't really find locally a decent supplier for the charcoal so just got what i could.

I'm gonna try source SN and go with that and if I can't get ahold of it then scammondon bridge is only an hour away. Just need a step ladder or something to get over the new railings quick.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
From the research I've done, high quality charcoal seems to be an important factor.

A CO meter would also tell the amounts.
Right. I high quality lump coal and a CO meter that goes up to 10.000 ppm or higher.