TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wished I could be one of the patients that is under the physician's care. This article here is one such example of a healthcare worker helping out patients that wish to end their suffering and are likely unable to do it themselves.

Sadly, the one damn family out of the many decided sue the hospital and people like that one family are barriers towards legalizing voluntary euthanasia and compassionate exits for people who don't wish to suffer. How I see it is that if voluntary euthanasia is allowed, the people who want it will benefit from it, and the people who don't want it don't have much lose (it won't affect them - hence the "voluntary" part). Since it isn't allowed in most areas of the US, it only hurts the people who want to end their suffering but are unable to legally to do so and lack the ability to do so (terminal cancer, quadriplegia, ALS, cerebral palsy, etc.).

What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: sif, throwaway777, gingerplum and 6 others
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I wished I could be one of the patients that is under the physician's care. This article here is one such example of a healthcare worker helping out patients that wish to end their suffering and are likely unable to do it themselves.

Sadly, the one damn family out of the many decided sue the hospital and people like that one family are barriers towards legalizing voluntary euthanasia and compassionate exits for people who don't wish to suffer. How I see it is that if voluntary euthanasia is allowed, the people who want it will benefit from it, and the people who don't want it don't have much lose (it won't affect them - hence the "voluntary" part). Since it isn't allowed in most areas of the US, it only hurts the people who want to end their suffering but are unable to legally to do so and lack the ability to do so (terminal cancer, quadriplegia, ALS, cerebral palsy, etc.).

What are your thoughts on this?
Heard this same story on the radio and immediately thought, "F... that is not going to help move things in the direction I want (death with dignity, choices during end of life care, etc.)." One story called him "Dr. Death" and I was disappointed that we couldn't have a mature discussion of the issue

Reactions: sif, daemonblight, gingerplum and 4 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
I agree that I'd rather be dead than live in a coma or vegetable obviously, but I'm not sure if this is really physician assisted suicide by the article. Sounds more like the doctor took it into his own hands to end their lives, versus getting their consent.

Reactions: sif, WayOut, gingerplum and 3 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I agree that I'd rather be dead than live in a coma or vegetable obviously, but I'm not sure if this is really physician assisted suicide by the article. Sounds more like the doctor took it into his own hands to end their lives, versus getting their consent.

You can't get consent if it's Illegal. They were probably all dying; believe me, I've pushed a dose of morphine or Dilaudid more than once when I knew it meant the patient would take their last breath. Those nurses knew what they were doing, believe me.

It's horrible to watch someone die a protracted death. When there's nothing but brain stem activity and agonal breathing. It's not like these people weren't dying, anyway; the staff just facilitated it.

Reactions: Jenna, Lifeisatrap, Thewhowithin69 and 1 other person
LastDay

LastDay

Soon, my dear big sister
Dec 29, 2018
Bless these angels of death.

Reactions: bigj75, Lifeisatrap and TAW122