rationaldeath

rationaldeath

Dec 10, 2021
Pretty often I'll have realistic dreams that I end up mistaking for actual events, and sometimes during a dream I'll struggle to figure out whether what I'm experiencing is real or not. Recently I remember having an inception moment where I realized I was dreaming, woke myself up, then later realized I was still asleep in another level of dream. Does anyone else experience stuff like that?

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, demuic, Wrennie and 3 others
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
I had dreams like that for about five nights in a row over 1 1/2 years ago. They were pretty frightening. The main dreams all seemed to be plausible but very menacing events and I would then seem to be wide awake trying to figure out what options if any I had. Then finally I would wake up for real relieved but shaken up. A good example would be having a meeting with an attorney and learning I had to serve 5 years in state prison. I woke up and tried to figure out how I was going to be able to handle being in prison. Except I really wasn't awake, I was still dreaming. It seemed to me that I was awake. I remember in some of them trying to figure out if perhaps I had been dreaming. Finally deliverance would come and I woke up for real.
I remember they started after a medical procedure I badly wanted had been denied by an ENT surgeom. I am thankful I didn't have more of those dreams then I did.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, allesistgut, rationaldeath and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I've had a lot of realistic dreams and I still remember some of them as real events.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, allesistgut and rationaldeath
F

ForNow

Dec 6, 2019
I sometimes have lucid dreams or waking dreams where i can't tell the dream from waking reality. And sometimes i do wake up and sit up, open my eyes, and I'll still be in the dream, seeing it around me, and participating in the narrative. I end up talking in my sleep, I guess, because I wake myself up with my voice. Lately it's been nightmares. Sometimes they're good dreams, but lately I'm afraid to sleep because of what shows up and lingers even after I'm awake.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, allesistgut, faex42 and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Pretty often I'll have realistic dreams that I end up mistaking for actual events,

All my nightmares are about events that actually happened.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, rationaldeath, allesistgut and 1 other person
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
My nightmares became reality.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, rationaldeath and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i sometimes question memories i have (especially from when i was younger) and i wonder if they actually happened. i find it a bit scary sometimes to be honest, but i try not to think about it too much.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and rationaldeath