Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
Personally the thought of someone finding me and the ensuing funeral that is bound to happen when my family finds out is enough to make me physically cringe. I'm running out of ways to ctb, and hanging myself in a place that nobody will find me for at least two weeks (enough time for my body to decompose enough that I would be unrecognizable) is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. Part of me just wants to bite the bullet and get it over with, but the thought of not being able to die the way i want to, being completely isolated from anyone while I quietly return to the earth is kind of pissing me off.
I know a lot of people here care about their families and how they will react, which I think is kind of weird because they're acting like they don't have a choice about whether or not someone finds them. Or maybe all this wishful thinking about dying alone will never amount to anything because I really don't have a choice. I don't really care what my family thinks, but I can't help but feel conflicted even though I know I have to die no matter what.

• Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It doesn't really matter to me as long as I'm dead, as then I'll be at peace and existence won't be my problem anymore which is all I wish for.

Reactions: Costrecce
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I think even if you decompose beyond recognition they could look through missing people in the area and put two and two together. I'm planning on hanging pretty far into the forest as well but unfortunately my ideal spot (there's a metal pull up bar there) is near a lake and people go there quite often, so i'd likely be found within a couple days. Maybe that will make my family more at peace compared to never discovering my body and not knowing what happened

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
A body has been discovered! Sorry I couldn't resist when I saw your avatar :D.

Now to serious stuff. If I had the option not to be found I would maybe take it but then I would rather that people I know are aware of what happened than think I am still alive. So it is a tough one. Unless I let everyone know ofc but then I would have to succeed 100%.

Reactions: Springore
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
If i had an option to ctb at my date that would guarantee to either never be found or being so disfigured beyond recognision i would do it in a heartbeat. But the only method available to me that would at least turn me into a mangled mess would be laying down full body on high speed train tracks and i don't want to cause so much mess, delay and traumatise some poor train driver during my death.

So i guess my option is to get used to the thought of people perceiving my disgusting body after death and just pick the most comfortable method. At least i hope the funeral home takes my letter serious and doesn't let anyone look at me and just send me straight to the crematorium how they found me.