• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I think I do, which makes it hard to move past the Fantasy stage. I'm worried I'd drive to the bridge and wouldn't be able to do it. Ive visited other bridges before long ago and pretended it was the day to die, but my body would become stiff.

The outside world feels like an illusion, so the idea of jumping off a bridge hundreds of feet feels unreal.

• Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon, Valky and sserafim
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
There are many mechanisms in place that seek to control us, including the imposition of forceful living. You could approach this from the perspective of personal freedoms, realizing that the real fantasy lies in believing it matters whether you live or die, and in the artificial structures others have constructed around you.

You might have issue following through regardless of your mental state or philosophical outlook. Unfortunately, our bodies are resilient, and the survival instinct is both strong and unpredictable.

I wish you strength whatever path you choose 💜

Reactions: kermudgeon, Rogue Proxy, sserafim and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Because I'm a rebel at heart.

Yes, we're natural but, we have the brain power to overcome our natural drives. We all do it every day I imagine. Imagine what you'd do if you followed all your 'natural' impulses. Many of us would be jailed I imagine! So- most of us follow societal/religious laws which seek to control our natural impulses. We're already a slave to them.

Fine though, I'll obey them to a degree. They are largely there to protect other people. I agree with that but ultimately, I don't believe society owns my life. I do. Suicide is the greatest declaration of that. So, societal law or wishes shouldn't be a problem in my eyes. I don't want to be a slave to capitalism.

The trouble with suicide of course is that it's against societal and natural law. But- like I say- we're not actually that natural at the end of the day. We're already using our brain power to overcome other natural desires. We can surely do it to overcome SI too. (I hope...)

Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1 and divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
A healthy mind wants to survive and thrive.

Depression is the evil illness that makes us want to CTB.

Except some undesirables, suicide is always tragic and sad. Maybe moreso for those left behind.

I think its only so taboo as hardly anyone can understand us. Unless you have had depression there is no way some one can understand.

Yes, I know lots of people say its not their depression but the reality is depression is the only known illness that turns off the SI. We may have other underlying issues be it physical or mental but they cause the depression which makes us want to CTB.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Because I'm a rebel at heart.

Yes, we're natural but, we have the brain power to overcome our natural drives. We all do it every day I imagine. Imagine what you'd do if you followed all your 'natural' impulses. Many of us would be jailed I imagine! So- most of us follow societal/religious laws which seek to control our natural impulses. We're already a slave to them.

Fine though, I'll obey them to a degree. They are largely there to protect other people. I agree with that but ultimately, I don't believe society owns my life. I do. Suicide is the greatest declaration of that. So, societal law or wishes shouldn't be a problem in my eyes. I don't want to be a slave to capitalism.

The trouble with suicide of course is that it's against societal and natural law. But- like I say- we're not actually that natural at the end of the day. We're already using our brain power to overcome other natural desires. We can surely do it to overcome SI too. (I hope...)
One of many barriers imposed by society. I can feel its oppressiveness. To ctb then is to exercise true freedom. Trauma and anxiety already feel like strong limiting influences, so then ctb would be even more difficult given my issues. I don't know how to come up with the strength to break through the barrier.

Except some undesirables, suicide is always tragic and sad. Maybe moreso for those left behind.

I think its only so taboo as hardly anyone can understand us. Unless you have had depression there is no way some one can understand.

Yes, I know lots of people say its not their depression but the reality is depression is the only known illness that turns off the SI. We may have other underlying issues be it physical or mental but they cause the depression which makes us want to CTB.
Why moreso for those left behind?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and Forever Sleep
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
there are many things us humans do in this modern age that are unnatural, but as long as something helps people find happiness/purpose I could care less about how "natural" it is unless it's objectively unhealthy for nature like polluting. So I don't care, not dying of a deadly disease you contracted at 30 is technically unnatural too yet no one refuses the hospital on the basis they're not dying naturally

Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
there are many things us humans do in this modern age that are unnatural, but as long as something helps people find happiness/purpose I could care less about how "natural" it is unless it's objectively unhealthy for nature like polluting. So I don't care, not dying of a deadly disease you contracted at 30 is technically unnatural too yet no one refuses the hospital on the basis they're not dying naturally
Without modern medicine, what age would you have died at you think?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

Do you think depression is curable? Do you think some depressions are situational and if so- if a person can't change their circumstances substantially, are they stuck with it? I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I'd probably argue that I don't have much more that mild to moderate depression- if that but- very long-term.

I'd also say that fear is good at overcoming SI. Fear of life. People are sometimes not in the most dire of circumstances when they commit. They sometimes do it to avoid those things from ever coming to be. This would also relate to me. I would certainly like to CTB to avoid a future in another wage slave job- I know how unhappy they make me. I'd also (hopefully) do it to avoid old age, illness and povety. It's not always that life is terrible for us currently. We can be doing it to avoid a very unpleasant future.

I'd agree that ideation is hardly a natural instinct but I guess I'd also say- just how natural are we now?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Do you think depression is curable? Do you think some depressions are situational and if so- if a person can't change their circumstances substantially, are they stuck with it? I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I'd probably argue that I don't have much more that mild to moderate depression- if that but- very long-term.

I'd also say that fear is good at overcoming SI. Fear of life. People are sometimes not in the most dire of circumstances when they commit. They sometimes do it to avoid those things from ever coming to be. This would also relate to me. I would certainly like to CTB to avoid a future in another wage slave job- I know how unhappy they make me. I'd also (hopefully) do it to avoid old age, illness and povety. It's not always that life is terrible for us currently. We can be doing it to avoid a very unpleasant future.

I'd agree that ideation is hardly a natural instinct but I guess I'd also say- just how natural are we now?
If one does it to avoid an unpleasant future, how can one know when it's the right time? That unpleasant future could arrive years from now, so you'd be throwing away years you would have liked to have lived.
I've got minor cuts before but never needed serious medication for em a little tissue was fine
Have you ever been on an antibiotic?

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, in fact the insane thing for me would be actually wanting to delay the inevitable in this futile and harmful existence, I see existence itself as the true problem and I'd always prefer to not exist than to suffer for decades just to be tormented by age and die anyway. Wanting suicide is all that makes sense to me, I see suicide as very logical to prevent suffering in this existence that was always undesirable in the first place.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If one does it to avoid an unpleasant future, how can one know when it's the right time? That unpleasant future could arrive years from now, so you'd be throwing away years you would have liked to have lived.

Have you ever been on an antibiotic?

Yeah, it's always going to be a gamble. I guess everyone has to decide for themselves. Are there still things they want to do in life? Can they do those things? What bad stuff will they have to endure along with the good things? Will that be worth it? None of us know for sure.

From a personal perspective, I guess I draw on my own experiences in life. Did the things I worked extremely hard to get end up being worth it? Personally speaking- no- probably not! Is that because I didn't put enough effort in, in certain areas? Perhaps. (Conquering social anxiety would have helped for one.) Am I willing to put that work in now? No.

As for my former main goal in life. (A career goal.) I've known people who were that successful and they either quit because the hours and working conditions were ridiculously bad. Or- they have terrible tales of how badly they were/are treated. So- I don't even think my former main goal in life is worth it anymore! That's something we all have to work out for ourselves though.

Depends what you want in life, how likely it is you'll achieve it, what effort you're prepared to put in, how much failure or disappointment you're willing to tolerate. It's going to be different for everyone.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yeah, it's always going to be a gamble. I guess everyone has to decide for themselves. Are there still things they want to do in life? Can they do those things? What bad stuff will they have to endure along with the good things? Will that be worth it? None of us know for sure.

From a personal perspective, I guess I draw on my own experiences in life. Did the things I worked extremely hard to get end up being worth it? Personally speaking- no- probably not! Is that because I didn't put enough effort in, in certain areas? Perhaps. (Conquering social anxiety would have helped for one.) Am I willing to put that work in now? No.

As for my former main goal in life. (A career goal.) I've known people who were that successful and they either quit because the hours and working conditions were ridiculously bad. Or- they have terrible tales of how badly they were/are treated. So- I don't even think my former main goal in life is worth it anymore! That's something we all have to work out for ourselves though.

Depends what you want in life, how likely it is you'll achieve it, what effort you're prepared to put in, how much failure or disappointment you're willing to tolerate. It's going to be different for everyone.
I don't really know what I want. Well, I want to recreate the life i had growing up with my parents. It was the best time. But that's not possible, so I don't know what I'm doing or hoping for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Yes, suicide is unnatural. I have been taught that by society all along.

Talking to people and listening to their stories proved to me that euthanasia, on the other hand is necessary. No one should have to suffer for the rest of their lives or have to go through the fear and loneliness of 'having' to take their own life. I won't condemn suicide, as long as euthanasia is not seen as a human right.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I guess it goes against the laws of nature but it's a logical and natural outcome for me. I think that I was destined to die by suicide, it's the only future I can see for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Ambivalent1 and vak
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's unnatural for sure but that doesn't make it wrong in some cases. After all, natural things aren't always the best things

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sserafim and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's unnatural for sure but that doesn't make it wrong in some cases. After all, natural things aren't always the best things
A natural death is worse I think. Organ failure, sepsis, etc. Horrifying

Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie and Rogue Proxy
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
A natural death is worse I think. Organ failure, sepsis, etc. Horrifying
Absolutely. On top of this, I think I would add decaying and dying after old age. I've seen many pro lifers say that they want to die via old age but it seems so hellish to me. To have to live with years of your entire body being in pain due to it having decayed so much and also perhaps getting dementia or alzheimers due to the brain decaying as well. Natural death truly sounds awful

Reactions: vak, sserafim and Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
It's funny how humans use the word "natural" to glorify aspects of nature that benefit themselves (individually and collectively), yet condemn anything uncommon/negative by human standards as "unnatural" - all while ignoring the essential origin of those occurrences. The definition of "natural" simply refers to originating from or caused by the natural world. There are countless horrors derived from nature, including rape, cancer, infanticide, cannibalism, viruses, harmful and lethal bacteria, prions, predators, parasites, certain toxins like venom, extreme weather, extreme temperatures, natural disasters, mental illness or disorders, ect. Not only does this demonstrate the strong disconnection between humans and the natural world, but also their sheer anthropocentrism.