Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
Do you think the way you are (with an illness or not) and everything you've been through, was always meant to happen, as if it had already been written from the beginning?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Immensevoid and mizu23
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
No, I'm just another faceless nobody, one out of millions who feel this way. If it were fate I think that'd be even worse, I'm not sure what ripple effect my death would leave on the world. Thousands die everyday, millions if you're not counting only humans. We are no different than the cattle we farm and consume.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Finalnight
loslassen

loslassen

call me jvne
Dec 8, 2023
I'm not superstitious, religious or anything alike, so I don't think so, but I like to try and give meaning or an explanation to things. I can't accept the way I am as in it being meant to be, but as in "just is." I greatly, wish I didn't have to be who I am and gone through all I've went… it was unfair.

• Love
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No. That would mean that we are a simulation or sth similar where someone else decided everything and already knows everything what's gonna happen in the future.

huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
Sounds like this is related to determinism vs Free will. I think that free will does not exist. There is nothing you control. There is no inner "you" that is making those desicions. It has been shown that some desicions are made before we think we are actually making them.

I think my life is meant to be this way. But i don't think it's a punishment or a reward, it is the way that it is because of my enviorment and circumstances I was born with.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I hope not because it would mean the writer of my story has a totally f*cked up sense of humour/ morality. I don't see how people are comforted by the idea of there being a God even! Maybe they hope they will make it ok for them in the end or in an afterlife. I guess I have fallen into the trap of trying to reassure myself that the bad things that happened were for a reason but, I'm not sure I really believe that.

• Hugs