Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
The title thing, do you think your country has handled or is handling the pandemic efficiently? And how do you think this one should have acted?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Just a fucking flu (I had long covid), cringey that it became a big deal. Good that normies couldn't have as much casual sex, tho. Avoiding the heart-stopping, estrogen-infused, serrated nanoblade shots rn, might get it later if it's required (and only one shot that actually works, not the thirteen microchip "jabs" that increases protections by 2%).

Don't take that seriously.

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
I'm from Canada. I'm satisfied how the government from both federal and provincial level acted. Sure, it wasn't consistent at times and there were some mistakes, but fewer people died compared to other countries. A lot of people died in my motherland, the Philippines, who happens to be young and healthy before getting covid. My dad knows a heck ton of doctors, nurses and regular citizens who have died due to covid in the Philippines. RIP.

The Duterte government did a vaccination scare prior to covid pandemic just to legally hunt the former president, Aquino, because Dengvaxia had a suspicious correlation deaths among very tiny population of its recipients. But after some investigation, their deaths wasn't the cause. It took a while for the Filipino people to get vaccinated for covid because of the said vaccination scare. Covid vaccination did help to curb the hospitalization and death rate in both countries.

Last edited:
O

Onkyo74893

Dec 11, 2021
The title thing, do you think your country has handled or is handling the pandemic efficiently? And how do you think this one should have acted?
That's, unfortunately, a politically loaded question in the U.S.

Reactions: nolongerhuman
maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I'm from Canada. I'm satisfied how the government from both federal and provincial level acted. Sure, it wasn't consistent at times and there were some mistakes, but fewer people died compared to other countries. A lot of people died in my motherland, the Philippines, who happens to be young and healthy before getting covid. My dad knows a heck ton of doctors, nurses and regular citizens who have died due to covid in the Philippines. RIP.

The Duterte government did a vaccination scare prior to covid vaccine just to legally hunt the former president, Aquino, because Dengvaxia had a suspicious correlation deaths among very tiny population of its recipients. But after some investigation, their deaths wasn't the cause. It took a while for the Filipino people to get vaccinated for covid because of the said vaccination scare. Covid vaccination did help to curb the hospitalization and death rate in both countries.
I'm American in a liberal state. Have a similar background to you. I didn't hear about a vaccine scare at all. Most my family got vaccinated over there, or so I'd like to think.

I don't know how I feel about how my state handled it. I work for a lot of unvaccinated wealthy people. I also took all the shots. I don't really care anymore. I got sick and I just continue to live life and try not to get anyone infected.

Edit to say they got it mildly alright at the beginning but they seem to incentivize working in public during a pandemic now.

Last edited:
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Not at all, though our wealth and infrastructure helped.

gr1lledcheese

gr1lledcheese

Student
Dec 18, 2021
From the US. We had a plan in place and then the orange scourge got elected, and threw it out. Then he didn't like that people were talking about the virus instead of him so he started minimizing it.

The government is handling it well now, but there's so much misinformation out there that things are still bad.

Reactions: deleted, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Hirokami and 1 other person
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
Bwuahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I live in the US, and we all know how that shitshow is going, but it seems like nobody has really been able to handle this well. Even Taiwan has slipped lately. They were apparently doing really good for like the first year of the pandemic then all it took was one pilot catching it and not telling anyone for the whole country's situation to become just as horrible as any other. Even extremely strict authoritarian countries like China were how this whole thing started in the first place. Ffs even North Korea can't seem to get it together since apparently even they have cases right now. Even.

This virus seems perfectly designed to wipe out a significant portion of humans because it relies on every member of the species being in total agreement in order to deal with it and that's just not going to happen. South Park was right, this shit's going to last until the 2060s.

Reactions: deleted and WrongPlaceWrongTime
absoluteanimal1

absoluteanimal1

Death by chocolate
Dec 17, 2021
My country is the United States so the answer is NOPE they royally fucked up at first. But they're doing better now.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, almost 100% vaccinated and 3rd boost halfway there.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
U.S. vaccine production and distribution has been top notch. The stimulus/rescue bills I thought were fine under the rushed circumstances, though reasonable minds can disagree as to what the exact scope should have been. Everything else has been a total shitshow, in particular the policies and messaging on testing and masking. Plenty of blame to go around (including the U.S. culture of extreme selfishness and narcissism as a virtue), but I don't really care anymore. Everyone here has access to vaccines and boosters, and life goes on (unfortunately).

CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
I'm so f@cking done with this cr@p situation! They should stop all enforcements and go back to pre-pandemic rules around the world. You get the vac or don't. Give the virus free reign, and if you die you die. Oh well. Life goes on...

Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
Very few countries handled COVID "efficiently," or even effectively. A lot of that has to do with how other countries have handled it, given how interdependent and connected we are.

The pandemic is just another example of why countries, as the ultimate form of government sovereignty, are obsolete. There are too many pressing global problems that countries cannot effectively address. Not holding my breath for effective global governance either, to be clear. Hopefully we get there before we completely destroy the planet.

Reactions: deleted and little helpers
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
If only kurisu had been my country's leader, I think we would have handled it much better.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
No, not enough senile fascists have died yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden and OrcWitch
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
145 Millions of people vaccinated and we are in third place in cases and deaths, the decision of the mayors was to lock people at home and now we have 10% inflation, expecting something more from this shit country is kind of funny, look at Israel and you'll see that this vaccine is useless and locking people up just fucks up the economy (Brasil 💩)

Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
The situation in my country was hilarious.
At first, no one wanted to introduce strict lockdowns because of the economic devastation that they knew was coming, until a few virtue signaler mayors decided to lock people up anyways, then the entire country went into full lockdown.

Barely any new cases for months, but then the same piece of shit mayors decided to encourage mass riots because they work great as a publicity stunt for a literal terrorist who wants to become president no matter how many people die or starve, and sure enough, the pandemic reaches its highest point while our economy reaches its lowest. Entire cities destroyed because of these riots, and what's even funnier, many of the same mayors are then spotted vacationing maskless outside of the country. Because of course they would.

And that's not even half of what went wrong.

Colombia is a fun place. It sucks, but at least we get to laugh at the sheer stupidity of our situation.

DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
I disown communist china as my country,
as a matter of fact, fuck ccp for mandatory anal swab.

I will make them pay, if I'm ever in a position to do so.
They will be sorry for the crimes they commit.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc