Do you think you should have been born ?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Feel free to express why did you answer Yes, No or Unsure ?

Reactions: internetgirl and cgrtt.brns
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
No, thinking about it is feels depressing

Reactions: The anhedonic one and MeltingBrain
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
no for many reasons, mainly bc my dad never wanted kids and my parents were just not cut out to be parents. also the fact that ive noticed theres so much mental illness that runs in both sides of my family, but no one has ever taken it seriously or bothered to treat it, so its just been passed down and it feels like everythings funneled into me and im a fucking mess because of it. not that its any of my family's fault, mental health has been a taboo topic for older generations for a while so its not surprising.
i wouldnt say im 100% antinatalist, but if ur not absolutely certain u want kids and dont know at least the basics of how to meet a childs physical and mental needs, u shouldnt have kids. i feel like that should be common sense, but apparently its not.
what about you?

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Anonymoususer1234 and MeltingBrain
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
I feel like that I have never had any meaning in my life and that the only reason I am alive is for me to end my life. So for that reason I do not believe that I should have been born.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Skathon and MeltingBrain
internetgirl

internetgirl

♡ future angel
Jun 18, 2023
everything surrounding my birth I hate. my mother was 19 and wanted a kid and family of her own because she was taken away by her bio parents and her adopted ones were abusive in other ways... hooked up with the first guy she could (ugly as fuck with addiction issues and a plethora of mental illness) and had me. then had 2 more. I hate everything I inherited from both of them, screw genes and screw what having kids at such a young age did to my mother.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: The anhedonic one, MeltingBrain and cgrtt.brns
S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
Absolutely not. It would have been better for nothing to have ever existed in the first place.

Reactions: The anhedonic one, Skathon, redeyepiranha and 1 other person
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
no for many reasons, mainly bc my dad never wanted kids and my parents were just not cut out to be parents. also the fact that ive noticed theres so much mental illness that runs in both sides of my family, but no one has ever taken it seriously or bothered to treat it, so its just been passed down and it feels like everythings funneled into me and im a fucking mess because of it. not that its any of my family's fault, mental health has been a taboo topic for older generations for a while so its not surprising.
I am sorry for what you have gone through .
if ur not absolutely certain u want kids and dont know at least the basics of how to meet a childs physical and mental needs, u shouldnt have kids. i feel like that should be common sense, but apparently its not.
💯
what about you?
I voted no, The worse my condition gets the more I think I shouldn't have been born .

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Even medically speaking- no. The doctors said it would be a 'medical impossibility'. I don't have much faith in doctors...

That said- my parents and especially my Mum desperately wanted children. I suppose I'm glad she got her wish but she died 3 years later... Again it was down to a doctor misdiagnosing and then realising it was cancer too late... Life's shit.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: The anhedonic one, cgrtt.brns, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
No, I've said it many times that the fact the my parents had me 5 yrs after my brother is just sooo stupid like why 😮‍💨😮‍💨 They were barly able to care for my brother... I was/am just a stupid accident

Also, my mom never wanted kids she just wanted an ideal life and my Dad is just passive. Soooo I never felt like my parents even wanted me. I wonder what it's like to be born from parents that have you on purpose and actually want/are excited that you exist. My mom hates me and my Dad is just... distant. The more I struggle the less I hear from him. So honestly... I wish I was never born.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: The anhedonic one, cgrtt.brns and MeltingBrain
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
My parents were absolutely not fit to have children. Neither me nor my siblings should have been born. Nobody is grateful I exist. Nobody is happy to see me when I walk in the room. I leech off everyone I meet. It would've been better if I was never born in the first place.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, cgrtt.brns, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
My evil malignant narcissistic Mother should have been run over by a bus when She was pregnant with me.
Why the fuck such a repulsive pile of human excrement such as her would want a kid anyway is utterly mystifying to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course not, I didn't do anything to deserve the punishment of being forced to exist in this hellish reality, it's a terrible burden being given the ability to suffer so extremely. Only nothingness is acceptable to me, there should just be nothing instead, existence was the most tragic, horrific mistake in the first place.

• Aww..
Reactions: CyVir, enough of this, Suicidе and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
NO! I didn't ask for it but now I'm here and I have to deal with it.

Reactions: enough of this and Skathon