Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I have a disability (growing problems, physical discomfort, very short) some money of a inheritance, but no will to live and i think the despair of disability plays a big part on it, feel left out and inadequate, lonely and inferior to others.

- How you think would you manage a situation like this? Do you think you could cope with a disability?
- Do you meet someone disabled?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ringo, Niko66, Lostandlooking and 4 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Depends on the disability, I guess. Learning disability? Maybe. Physical one? No thank you.

Reactions: Zegers and FractalTears
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I have a few disabilities (mental and physical), but even if those miraculously went away, I would still want nothing more than to pass away.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Dead Ghost, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I technically have a mental disability, and have often wondered what it might be like to switch that with a physical disability. I really wouldn't want to be blind. Or have to deal with a chronic pain thing—then shoot me now. Otherwise, sure, it's possible. For a lot of things, especially attitude, it's mind over matter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Dead Ghost and Cathy Ames
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I technically already have disabilities if ADHD, autism, and mental health issues count. If I had to deal with physical disabilities instead, though, it depends. I could learn to live with something like carpal tunnel, sure. However, I couldn't cope with being paralyzed at any capacity. Not being able to walk or move independently would make me feel like a burden to others. Not only that, walking helps me calm down more than half the time. If I couldn't leave my house easily when things get stressful, that would be hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Dead Ghost and Al Cappella
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I have several disabilities (Autism, chronic health problems that leave me with crippling pain, non-functional bowels) and my life is pure hell, I wouldn't wish it on a soul because the reality is that issues tend to compound and snowball until you're left with nothing. Illnesses feed and fester off one another and leave you even more incapacitated. There is a great book called Two Arms and Head written by a paraplegic man, who poignantly documents his life with severe disability and his philosophy surrounding suicide. He caught the bus while writing the book and captured his last moments in his writing. I think you would enjoy his work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Dead Ghost, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My sister has severe autism, enough that she makes the most money in our entire 4-person household through disability alone. If I were to get a disability, I probably wouldn't mind depending on what it is and how much money I could leech off the government with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm not. There's simply no way to cope.

And it's only going to get worse as the years go by, degenerative disorders are pure fucking despair, especially the rare and untreatable ones. Right now I'm facing the possibility of having to use a cane to walk, I'm barely in my late twenties. But the one thing that keeps me up at night about this illness is what's currently happening with my brain.

Loneliness and drugs are a great distraction, even with the diminishing returns of each substance. But the truth is that nothing really helps. I still have to wake up to this reality every day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Dead Ghost, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I have several disabilities (Autism, chronic health problems that leave me with crippling pain, non-functional bowels) and my life is pure hell, I wouldn't wish it on a soul because the reality is that issues tend to compound and snowball until you're left with nothing. Illnesses feed and fester off one another and leave you even more incapacitated. There is a great book called Two Arms and Head written by a paraplegic man, who poignantly documents his life with severe disability and his philosophy surrounding suicide. He caught the bus while writing the book and captured his last moments in his writing. I think you would enjoy his work.
This is so true. With things like crushing fatigue, you become non-functional to the point where everything else starts to act up too because you develop issues associated with a sedentary lifestyle. So you get obscure stuff as part of your disability and then all the more "normal" things that come about due to an inability to lead a healthy life.

In any case, I certainly can't be happy with my disability, not in the least because it's not even properly recognized or understood by anyone I've seen. Maybe if it were something common and/or manageable that would be a different story. But I'm out of the game so often that I really have no life. I can't enjoy much of anything anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Niko66, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Given that I've always had health issues and that when I was little I didn't care and was happy, yes, I can say with certainty that a disability can be happy.

My problem is that when I reach an age I have been thrown naked into the world and I have crashed, I was not and will not be ready unless my environment and people in general are less hostile to accept the differences of others and perhaps show more respect and a little support when needed.

And from here often comes the urge to throw in the towel, to find yourself in front of a world that demands a minimum in return for nothing ... a very unbearable minimum.

Tenint en compte que sempre he tingut problemes de salut i que quan era petit no m'importaven i era feliç, si, puc dir amb certesa que un discapacitat pot ser feliç.

El meu problema es que arribada a una edat m'han llençat nu cap al món i m'he estavellat de ple, no estava ni estaré preparat a menys que el meu entorn i la gent en general sigui menys hostil a acceptar les diferències dels altres i potser mostrin de pas més respecte i una mica de suport quan calgui.

I d'aquí venen sovint les ganes de llençar la tovallola, de trobar-te enfront d'un món que t'exigeix un mínim a canvi de rés... un mínim molt inassumible.

Reactions: NSA
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I'm not. There's simply no way to cope.

And it's only going to get worse
I tend to think this, it's like somehow I feel progressively worse and I think there will come a point where I will lose autonomy, the physical discomfort, difficulty breathing from the moment you get up, heavy legs and my spirits have plummeted. It sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Fragile