N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would prefer to make a post about psy ops and social engineering but I had to do a lot of research for that and it is already late.
I am feeling okay on benzos but I am really scared about addiction. A huge weight will fall off my shoulders when the exams are over.

I don't know much about proving God or disproving his existence. I think it is difficult because science and faith have different underlying premises. There are things in life you might can quantify but they are still invisible. Or things that we can describe in ourselves but we will never be certain how a different consciousness really feels like. I find it interesting that some physics professors tend to believe in a creator. I think one reason for that is that the starting of the universe was insanely unlikely.

I think someone said "God died in Auschwitz". This is part of theodicy question and how a seemingly allmighty creator can allow such horrible crimes to happen. So for many this might the answer that there is no God. Maybe it is for them a fact and not even a subjective feeling. I think many modern people question the human tendency to believe in something higher than themselves. Advertising and marketing tells them not to get tricked and to stop being naive. I think there are parts of the human mind that tend to superstition maybe also the opposite can apply if one rationalizes the human psyche too much. Some rationalists and atheists are convinced that they found the objective truth. But it gets complicated. I think in a debate I watched there was the discussion. Should we assume there is God or that there is no God in case we lack the necessary information. In case there is not a certain amount of evidences how much convinction should we have when we make assumptions about God. Is it presumptuous to claim that there is an objective answer to that question.

Now to the future prospects. I recently made a statement about the future but I might neglected the power AI in my prediction. Still I think that there are many questions in the universe where there is no objective answer for and we will never find one. And I could imagine that we will never know for sure whether God exists. At least in this world. By the way I am torn between being an atheist and an agnostic. I think one could make good arguments in different direction but I will certainly not waste my lifetime to ruminate about something that has no real benefit for me except maybe a placebo effect. (though this last remark is a little bit ironic and not fully serious).

What do you think?

Reactions: bloodblacknothing
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
proving the non-existence of something is pretty much impossible. burden of proof of existence falls on the person making the claim.

it is similar for me to claim that there is a tiny teapot in orbit around the sun between mars and jupiter, then telling you to prove to me that it does not exist.

• Informative
Reactions: DynamicDepression, Crono, FormerlyFe(IV) and 3 others
Nexus

Nexus

Jul 16, 2023
The question is only whether you believe that he exists or not.

Proving God exists can be likened to trying to prove that air is real. Whether or not he exists is exclusively up to humans; if we don't believe that he does, then he doesn't. The opposite is also true: the existence of God becomes truer as more people believe it.

The problem is that faith begins where logic ends. To have faith is to stand convicted even when faced with impossibility, but even if Christians call it faith, I'm sure that to non-believers it will only ever be willful ignorance.

If he does exist, I think that it'd be both foolish and arrogant for mankind to try and understand the will of a god - the God.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think- even if more evidence springs to light regarding the greatest mysteries in life- the origin of life, what happens when we die, there will still be some people who believe. That's why it's called faith I suppose. For some people- it seems like they even welcome these dicoveries- as a new test of their faith. I just think our minds are prone to enjoying that element of mystery.

As to whether it's even possible to prove God doesn't exist. I just don't know. I still reckon- even with some complicated scientific explanation on how it all began, religious folk will be able to weave in a creator somewhere. Plus- for them- it won't likely matter whether everyone believes in it or not.

Reactions: noname223
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think we have all the proof we need for proving god doesn't exist

Reactions: psp3000 and Hollowman
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Bad things happen because the existence of freedom. Best is absolute, only one path, without choice. Choice is always for the worse.

waltz

waltz

Jul 18, 2023
I would prefer to make a post about psy ops and social engineering but I had to do a lot of research for that and it is already late.
I am feeling okay on benzos but I am really scared about addiction. A huge weight will fall off my shoulders when the exams are over.

I don't know much about proving God or disproving his existence. I think it is difficult because science and faith have different underlying premises. There are things in life you might can quantify but they are still invisible. Or things that we can describe in ourselves but we will never be certain how a different consciousness really feels like. I find it interesting that some physics professors tend to believe in a creator. I think one reason for that is that the starting of the universe was insanely unlikely.

I think someone said "God died in Auschwitz". This is part of theodicy question and how a seemingly allmighty creator can allow such horrible crimes to happen. So for many this might the answer that there is no God. Maybe it is for them a fact and not even a subjective feeling. I think many modern people question the human tendency to believe in something higher than themselves. Advertising and marketing tells them not to get tricked and to stop being naive. I think there are parts of the human mind that tend to superstition maybe also the opposite can apply if one rationalizes the human psyche too much. Some rationalists and atheists are convinced that they found the objective truth. But it gets complicated. I think in a debate I watched there was the discussion. Should we assume there is God or that there is no God in case we lack the necessary information. In case there is not a certain amount of evidences how much convinction should we have when we make assumptions about God. Is it presumptuous to claim that there is an objective answer to that question.

Now to the future prospects. I recently made a statement about the future but I might neglected the power AI in my prediction. Still I think that there are many questions in the universe where there is no objective answer for and we will never find one. And I could imagine that we will never know for sure whether God exists. At least in this world. By the way I am torn between being an atheist and an agnostic. I think one could make good arguments in different direction but I will certainly not waste my lifetime to ruminate about something that has no real benefit for me except maybe a placebo effect. (though this last remark is a little bit ironic and not fully serious).

What do you think?
Do you ever zero in on research - enough to feel good about the keyboard clacking, connecting dots, until it starts getting on your nerves, and petty guilt sets in.

The other night, I found a 90's reel on "internet addiction." How, this lady forgot to pick up her kids she was so hooked. Funny dinosaur tapes though. The reporter's "serious concern voice"

Last edited:
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
The fact that children get abused by religious leaders is enough evidence for me that there's no god.

Reactions: psp3000 and waltz
waltz

waltz

Jul 18, 2023
I loved those old 90s-2000s keyboards. Clack clack clack.

Anyway, There's so much evidence that God doesn't exist. Fear of death, for one.

I have a lot of respect for religious people, regardless.
It takes a lot of "inner strength" to believe anything you want will happen if you wish hard enough.

The universe is magnificent, it gave me a chance. One chance, to explore and reflect on discoveries made. Rising from dust, returning. If I cut my life short to avoid future despair, I still appreciate what it's been in the small amount of time spanning infinity.
The fact that children get abused by religious leaders is enough evidence for me that there's no god.
Download 1
Most religious lore, thousands of years ago lead to films like this. Sexist, doesn't add up. Lie after lie...

Last edited:
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
God is literally all there is. You are God cosplaying as a human. God is dreaming of being human, right fucking now.
This present moment is God/Consciousness dreaming itself into existence. The universe is a hallucination within God's Mind.
You as God are also imagining that what is being imagined is real precisely so you as the human can reside in its current level of consciousness and not be aware that the physical world and everything else is imagination. Ta-daa! ;)

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
It's not possible to prove that go's doesn't exist, but we have scientific laws and principles that tell us, in all likelihood, that there is no god. It's just the more realistic probability. If there were a god, some process would have had to have made him/her, and so on. The simplest explanation is often the right one. And if there is no evidence of God, its more likely that there isn't one. Besides, what God would be so cruel to make life as it is?