• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Do you think that the two typically balance out? How about for you personall

For me the bad times and pain have outweighed the pleasures and good times.

negatives things happen to you, which it's your job to minimize.

And positive things will happen, which is your job to get the most happiness from.

It's a game, being happy. If your good at it, you are winning, and mostly happy. If you are bad at it, you are loosing, and mostly sad.

i believe the bad outweighs the good here

Reactions: ASBA999, DEATH IS FREEDOM, thewalkingdread and 3 others
L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Yep…good < bad right now…that's why I'm on SaSu! If I was able to enjoy life and glean pleasure from things, I wouldn't be here! Desperately wish things were different!

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
When I'm happy it feels stronger, but the pain tends to last longer.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Definitely here- the bad outweighs the good- or I imagine, people wouldn't be on here. For the 'normies' though- it's just so difficult to tell. I've known people who were excellent at enjoying life- despite having problems. I know people who are struggling terribly but they don't seem to consider suicide.

Obviously the ones who have genuine interests and loves in life- it makes sense that- so long as they can spend some of their time devoted to that- they'll maybe be ok and enjoy life.

It's the people who are struggling that confuse me more. Awful to say it but- why aren't more of them suicidal? I don't know- hope maybe, sense of duty to others to pretend to be ok and still engage in life. I think lots of people simply lay a trap for themselves. They have friends, they may have children and big families, they have commitments. I think it's harder to leave when you have that. Plus- if those relationships at least are genuine- they know that people do love and need them- maybe they make more effort to recover before they get so low. It's hard to know really. I look at lots of people and think- I reckon I'd still struggle- even if I had your life. I guess they just see things differently. Some people are scared of suicidal thoughts I imagine too. Maybe that's just what they've been taught to be. I was scared of them at first (I was only 10) but, I got used to them quickly. Maybe people who have been more pro-life the majority of their lives are more inclined to want to hang on to those beliefs.

Reactions: SoulCage and Reuthry
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
One persons lifetime in a wheelchair is never worth 2 persons having a good life.

Under no circumstances so , no.

There is only a little good here in this place otherwise 99% of us would've blown our brains out already and thats a fact

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
For me I think the bad outweighs good too. I am not going to lie, I have the moments of good feeling usually only for a real short time, and I started to think that it is just a delusion. I feel bad at the end of the day. I hope I don't fall to this delusion again so I can make my plan work, to die in February 2024. I really hope that I can finally stop the suffering and it feels exciting you know, I am getting closer to freedom. Please make good wishes for me, I hope SI doesn't kick and stop me once again when it is the time, I am so close, I will finally leave.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really believe that existence is something "pleasurable" in the first place honestly, existence itself is the true problem and it's nothing more than an unnecessary harm. Simply just existing is something so burdensome and futile to me, all that existence ever does is create unnecessary suffering, needs and problems all while there is unlimited potential for pain and torment. I find it disturbing how one can potentially suffer so much in this deteriorating, decaying flesh prison they are enslaved in, it's very cruel and tragic how humans continue to impose existence. To me only eternal nothingness is desirable and ideal, I don't see any value in being cursed with the ability to exist.

Reactions: denix66 and ijustwishtodie
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
Personnaly the bad far outweight the good.
If i could inverse the ratio i would have a wonderful and truly happy life.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
It depends on the person what brings them happiness and fulfillment in life. It's relevance is also part of it.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Personally it's the bad outweighs the good, that's why life is soo tiring.

Reactions: denix66 and pthnrdnojvsc
O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
I think that for most people the good times outweigh the bad times. At least the good times are enough to make them feel that their life is worth living. Most people aren't suicidal despite having some bad periods in their life.

Reactions: FutureHanger and Tears in Rain
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I think that for most people the good times outweigh the bad times. At least the good times are enough to make them feel that their life is worth living. Most people aren't suicidal despite having some bad periods in their life.
exactly I think it's more that happiness either lasts longer or they have more willpower and more I guess "resilience" to be able to handle the shit aspects of their lives and they have the fear of missing out on good times in the future also most people are religious so that also plays a role in it, it's hard to be suicidal when you've got the fear of eternal punishment that makes the pain of life seem much better in comparison

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
No. Because No pleasure i had before outweighs the pain i feel now.

That's why being born is a curse.

Reactions: denix66 and Darkover
figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
Do you think that the two typically balance out? How about for you personall

For me the bad times and pain have outweighed the pleasures and good times.

negatives things happen to you, which it's your job to minimize.

And positive things will happen, which is your job to get the most happiness from.

It's a game, being happy. If your good at it, you are winning, and mostly happy. If you are bad at it, you are loosing, and mostly sad.

i believe the bad outweighs the good here
Yea, I like the way you put it. I reckon the vast majority of people simply don't think about - the good, the bad and let alone which one outweighs which - and just carry on living. I don't expect a life 100% full of joys, but I personally don't think that's worthwhile either.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
For most, yeah, I guess the good outweighs the bad for them. For me, however, the bad outweighs the good and, aside from loneliness, my bad is basically identical to the bad of most people which only makes me conclude that my personality and neurotype was never designed for life to begin with

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
For most? Probably, yeah.

Reactions: Darkover
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Hard to assess, because people can claim that life is worth living even if they aren't really happy, just because of their optimism bias (thinking they are more likely to obtain a positive outcome in the future, which has no bearing on whether they have been happy so far or not) or religious delusions, or because it's all they know, or because it's taboo to speak negatively of life and they internalized it. How do we know how many people truly feel happy vs how many people say they are happy for the reasons above, but really aren't?

Some things are reasonably certain, though: miserable people are far from being a tiny minority (even if they are a minority), bad experiences are more potent than good ones, and life can only solve part of the problems it itself creates while making a bunch of unfixed messes in the process, so its ability to give joy is not a rationally defensible justification for perpetuating it, and certainly isn't one for coercive suicide prevention.

You can't use the possibility of a solution as a justification for deliberately creating problems, or for forcing people to stay here and imperfectly try to solve them, when dying guarantees their elimination.

Reactions: denix66