sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Do you think that non-existence is preferable to life and living? If you had a choice to not have been born, would you have taken it? I surely would have.

Last edited:
Reactions: floralheaddress, pthnrdnojvsc, FlyAwayHoney and 5 others
Timelapse

Timelapse

Well, time can heal, but this won't.
Nov 3, 2023
My Slogan: Wishing for things to go back to what they were before I was born.

Funny. Out of millions of my siblings.. I had to be the one to jump into that egg... what was I thinking!?

Reactions: ppoyyx, sserafim, R_N and 1 other person
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I do. Unless you give me alternative existence to this one we have.

Reactions: ppoyyx, Beyond_Repair and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
My Slogan: Wishing for things to go back to what they were before I was born.

Funny. Out of millions of my siblings.. I had to be the one to jump into that egg... what was I thinking!?
Literally. I wish someone else could've been born instead of me. I never wanted to exist in the first place. Like out of all of the possibilities, why did I have to be born? It's not fair.

Reactions: Timelapse and Immensevoid
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I don't think non-existence is always preferable to life - I just think it would have been to my life. So yes, I would choose not to have been born

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, it's certainly always better to not exist, I find it such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all. Only not existing is perfection as one cannot suffer from the absence of everything, I despise existence itself, it's the true problem, existence just causes harm.

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress, IDoNotExist and sserafim
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
No. Saying that life in general is meaningless and non-existance is better than that is foolish. Would I say my life is meaningless? Yes. Would I rather not be born at all than exist? Also yes. But should I say that it's the same for every1 else just because I can't find joy in life? No.
If non-existence was preferable to life and living in general, human race would extinct long time ago.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No. Saying that life in general is meaningless and non-existance is better than that is foolish. Would I say my life is meaningless? Yes. Would I rather not be born at all than exist? Also yes. But should I say that it's the same for every1 else just because I can't find joy in life? No.
If non-existence was preferable to life and living in general, human race would extinct long time ago.
I meant your own personal view on whether non-existence is preferable to being alive. Life in general is meaningless though, there's no objective purpose or reason why we exist. I think that life is inherently meaningless and that people create meaning for themselves. Meaning is something that someone finds for themself.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Timelapse
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
i dont know. people usually say that not existing in the first place would've been better, and partly i agree- but, i think if i somehow had the choice to be born again, id take it. because having the chance, even the smallest tiniest chance, to have a better life than this one? would motivate me to try.

just imagine being born into an attractive, healthy body with a loving and financially stable family. i wouldnt want to kill myself with that sort of life.

however, sure, if i were about to be born into my current body and saw what kind of shit life id be getting id definitely rather not to have been born. i guess its all circumstantial.

IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

Apr 28, 2023
Yes. 100%. Unfortunately I exist so death is the only option.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah. Non existence is preferable to my life

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
In the big scheme of things. Non-existence is superior. You could argue that existence brings pleasure, which is true, but also brings pain and unnecessary problems. Simply not existing is the neutral outcome. You don't feel good, but also not bad, you don't get bored, no pain, no thoughts, nothing. I don't even comprehend how the universe even emerged in the first place.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
In the big scheme of things. Non-existence is superior. You could argue that existence brings pleasure, which is true, but also brings pain and unnecessary problems. Simply not existing is the neutral outcome. You don't feel good, but also not bad, you don't get bored, no pain, no thoughts, nothing. I don't even comprehend how the universe even emerged in the first place.
I agree. I don't see any reason why the universe emerged, or any reason for it to even exist. I honestly think it was an accident. I think that life was an accident as well.

Reactions: Anónimo