N

Nothere01

Apr 13, 2023
Do you think that if one shoots himself with a shotgun inside his mouth toward the brain if one might end up blind, deaf and mute due to the destruction in the brain or would one die instantly?

Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Death would be virtually instantaneous. People have survived gunshots to the head. But if it's a shotgun, mortality is really high. Humpty dumpty's gonna be REAL hard to put back together again.

You wouldn't feel it. Hell, you wouldn't even hear it. By the time you squeezed the trigger, the shot would already be entering the skull.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
Once theres no more head eyes ears mouth.... yes i believe, absolutely.. blind deaf mute dead 100%

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Foreverix
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When the brain stem is destroyed it's over. Very likely too happen.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
JordanF

JordanF

Sep 21, 2023
I saw that video of Ronnie McNutt...and I fail to see how it would be anything other than instant death. His entire head pretty much just exploded.

W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
I heard a doctor mention ~90% effective for gun related suicide on a podcast. I would guess shotguns would be more effective. I'd been thinking of this method too, I would take that chance even though it will debilitated you severely if you fail- but you most likely won't. As long as you commit.

Giizmo

Giizmo

Oct 26, 2020
Do you think that if one shoots himself with a shotgun inside his mouth toward the brain if one might end up blind, deaf and mute due to the destruction in the brain or would one die instantly?
Yes, said person would die immediately, no doubt. Once your brain stem is severed, you will cease to exist.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Death would be virtually instantaneous. People have survived gunshots to the head. But if it's a shotgun, mortality is really high. Humpty dumpty's gonna be REAL hard to put back together again.

You wouldn't feel it. Hell, you wouldn't even hear it. By the time you squeezed the trigger, the shot would already be entering the skull.
Disagree. Many people just blow their jaw and face off. Shotguns are heavy and reaching to squeeze often destabilizes the line of sight, or whatever you'd call it. Easier to hook-arm salute over the shoulder with a pistol, shoot above the ear through the two hemispheres.