Do you think that fasting 12h is necessary for succeeding with SN?

• Yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
I would fasting for 24 hours just to be safe

D

Deleted member 65988

The biggest necessity to succeeding with this method is not being found, seconday to that is making sure you follow the protocol as closely as possible. Longer fasting period of 12 hrs, 18 hrs or even a whole day can help but none of that will mean anything if you are found early enough.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, dggtscccvfd, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Hours is irrelevant the important thing is your stomach should be as empty as it can for maximum absorption

I think it's around 8-12 hours depending on your metabolism

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Talvikki
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Eight hours is enough.

Reactions: Talvikki and Lost in a Dream
suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
Hours is irrelevant the important thing is your stomach should be as empty as it can for maximum absorption

I think it's around 8-12 hours depending on your metabolism
Ok. So empty stomach would be the most important then.
And then following the Stan guide or other with an anti-emetic.
What about alcohol?
i think this is helping with the SI.

Reactions: ApathyToLife
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Ok. So empty stomach would be the most important then.
And then following the Stan guide or other with an anti-emetic.
What about alcohol?
i think this is helping with the SI.
Increases risk of vomitting afaik but if you can manage it and maybe take AE who knows

suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
I'm anorexic so that wouldn't be a problem for me lol
I get your point.
I wish I would be strong enough to be anorexic. I was at some point but cannot do it right now. My bed
I wish to have your strength. Please Help me
Increases risk of vomitting afaik but if you can manage it and maybe take AE who knows
I do not know about alcohol. It might increase the urge to vomit. you are right.
But what if not?
Do we have data about it?
I keeep in mind people just doing it impulsively with SN and succeding.
I do not know about alcohol. It might increase the urge to vomit. you are right.
But what if not?
one person just did it while she was on the off topic ?recovery discussion. Which means to me that she did not fast

Last edited:
ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
You need to fast to the point when you feel that your stomach is empty. If you can't tell if it's empty or not stick to the basic 8hr+ fast. Also alcohol is bad with SN because mixing poison with poison will increase the likelihood of vomiting the contents of you stomach too soon so not enough SN will be absorbed to produce the desired effect.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
I get your point that proison plus poison increases the likelihood. But okay. If I feel like drunk enough to kill myself. And then take the anti-emetic and then the SN.
What would happen?
I would be glad to serve as a laboratory rat anyway
I really wish to be able to kill myself now. What is keeping alive?
help me unliving myself!!!!!!
Please!!!!!!
Say something please!!!
I really wish to be able to kill myself now. What is keeping alive?
help me unliving myself!!!!!!
Please!!!!!!
Say something please!!!

Last edited:
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Your body will have to process two poisons instead of one : it's better to avoid alcohol because the stakes are high.

The fasting is very important and sometimes 24h or more is not overkill : if you suffer from gastroparesia or anything that slow your stomach emptying for instance.

@Goku Black is right : not being found + following protocol

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Necessary? No. A good idea? Definitely.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

But what if not?
Yes some people may have succeeded with SN impulsively but that is a minority compared to those who did it right by following the set protocol. Also, you can't expect to take alcohol and hope that it somehow compensates for anxiety when it could more likely lead to failure. I'd rather you not take alcohol at all to begin with rather than take any and find out the hard way why it's not recommended at any point in the regimen for good reason. I cannot stress enough to not deviate from the regimen, user error is what commonly complicates this method and when it doesn't work because of that, people think the method itself is wrong but when it isn't, it's up to the user to follow the guidelines advised to them but ultimately if they don't then well...I can't say for sure what will happen but I doubt the outcome will yield the desired result.

If I feel like drunk enough to kill myself. And then take the anti-emetic and then the SN.
What would happen?
I get that being drunk lowers your inhibition and possibly makes you less susceptible to si but please do not try this at all. It would not end well for you to try to experiment on yourself in this manner when it could prove to be detrimental to the process. For a while, I've seen rough patterns appear as to why this method fails, now yes any method isn't outside the realm of failure but we've seen far less people fail as a result of following the regimen and not being found than not in failed attempts. People are ultimately subject to their choices and we can only go so far as to help where we can. Please do not try anything that may be harmful to you than helpful.
one person just did it while she was on the off topic ?recovery discussion. Which means to me that she did not fast
Who is this user you are referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
I'd say 8 hours of fasting is enough. According to Philip Nitschke, fasting for 12 hours will help and recommended for rapid absorption.