N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah the question of the title. I had this discussion with my best friend once. He has a gf I sadly not. I think he was more optimistic about this concept. I had the opinion that the notion of soul mates is ridiculous but I he could change my mind a little. My argument was: there are almost 8 billion people on this planet. How likely is it to find your soul mate? The likelihood must be extremely low. Probably you mostly only meet people who speak your language. What if your soul mate lives in Guinea Bissau how likely is it that you meet him? He had a good contra argument. What if there are way more soul mates you can find? I think this is a tempting argument. But still my first argument is kind of valid. Just imagine how many soul mates there must be so that you meet one? This more or less seems to show that the concept or definition of soul mates must be pretty general and does not fit the common notion in order to fit his argument.

Do you think soul mates exist? I am still sceptical. Maybe I will get answers that this stems from the fact that I have never met one.

Reactions: Trilucid and ColorlessTrees
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I do, even if I haven't met him yet, it's a certainty coming from my soul, that supposedly knows what's true. Even if my mind doubts everything. I believe there can be several though, not just one, it's just a matter of who you come across I would say depending on what path you end up taking, but there could be different possibilities.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I think there are people we gel perfectly with, I had someone like that back in 2014, but stupidly broke up with her in 2015. I always wished for a second chance with her, but she expressed various times through out the last few years that she no longer has feelings for me, and now she is married. That's fine though, because if she asked me back, I'd have to sadly decline since 1. I am too numb to feel anything from a romantic relationship and 2. I plan to CTB before the end of the year. I'm glad she doesn't bother me anymore so my death won't affect her.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
It's a poetic concept. I do believe some couples are so well-tailored for each other that it's like destiny brought them together. Usually people from the same culture forged by complementing life experiences.

Unfortunately it's also true that many will never meet.

Reactions: Hirokami, the_town_manager, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Maybe, and if people do have a connection so strong that even death can't separate then that's good for them. I am more inclined to believe that we are all part of the one interconnected universe. We are unified as one but you wouldn't always think it while feeling you are trapped in a human body.

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I would say that I think it is possible, but given the number of people in this world, I think the chances of any one person meeting their soul mate is pretty low -- I likely have a better chance of winning the Lotto.

Reactions: Hirokami and WorthlessTrash
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
I believe soulmates exist. I found my soulmate in my mid 20's but for reasons I won't go into neither one of us asked each other out. Our interactions on a regular basis helped get to know one another. It was a powerful feeling and I'm positive she was my soulmate. These opportunities are rare and I missed it for reasons I won't go into.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think they can exist, that some people even have multiple candidates, that some people might be unable to ever get to meet their soulmate (like they could have died to some accident or something), and that some people just don't have one at all.

Reactions: GentleJerk and Trilucid
Trilucid

Trilucid

May 25, 2022
I knew a guy once. Childhood friend. Got married... Wasn't the same after that. Heck, I even overheard him once saying to his other friends that he wishes to do nothing with "that crazy one" referring to me. His wife later left him - Guy kept going and got a new one.
Nono, you thought the story was a morale one where he realizes his bad karma and got back to me saying "sorry I called you that"? This is real life, we don't do that here.

Soul mates can exist. But love, the concept of it, has to be born out of truth, honestly and a mutual connection to one another, be it on the psychological level if it has to. And the two mates and their will, to keep moving forward.
Frankly, such things may fall apart, even if the one person is sick from a mental problem or such.

It is possible to find one, don't get me wrong, even if there are 8 billion people on this rock as you said.
Just, be careful once you do come across one is all I am saying.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and SantaTeresa
M

m00nlyte

May 24, 2022
I thought/think I've found mine, one of my exs that's simply a god to me and amazes the shit out of me, but he moved to a far city and the way I'm going mental health system wise I dont think il ever be good enough for him as he deserves the world, we still talk and if I can fix myself and get my personality and will to live back I'd love to pursue him in the future. I believe in soulmates but I also think soulmates can be at any age in life.

B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
It's so random, we can convince ourselves someone we're with is the one or we just haven't met them yet

dredd1981

dredd1981

All these moments will be lost in time
May 1, 2022
I thought I had found mine…..met her in work back in 2007….really hit it off, we got each other's humour, liked the same kind of things and were really attracted to each other. We dated for a few years and I moved in with her….that was maybe 8 years then we were married for 5 years….last December my mental health just checked out, I wasn't eating or sleeping and was basically walking around the house in a daze…..she didn't make any meaningful attempt to see what was wrong or help me. I attempted suicide but couldn't go through with it. She kicked me out of the house then a few weeks later she split up with me. I later found out that she had been lying to me (she claimed we were renting the house from her parents when in fact she owned the house) and, before we got married she made a will that excluded me from inheriting the house if she died before me…..I really thought I had found "the one" but she had been lying from the get go. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I'm 41 and was medically retired from the police a few years ago due to degenerative disc disease. Me and my two dogs are living with my mum in a small house while I have now had to get a part time job so that I can eventually afford to get my own place. I literally gave that c**t the best years of my life. When her mum died and when her dog died I supported her and helped her out. When I needed help, rather than help me up she kicked me when I was down. I really don't understand why she did it…I've wasted 13 years of my life and I'm looking at a future of loneliness, hardship and misery. I think soulmates do exist, but the chances of you meeting your soulmate as opposed to someone masquerading as one, aren't good.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
SantaTeresa

SantaTeresa

May 10, 2022
We are born alone and die alone, I don't think the cosmos is dissociative to create a soul mate for each vermin to live next to?

We just get along with certain people at a certain degree under certain circumstances. Nothing more.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Thought I did but it didn't work out.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash