Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Just asking,i think no but i would love to hear your opinions

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and sadworld
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
There is already. However some people are more resistant to it and does nothing for most of us.

Reactions: Green Destiny, lex, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
There is already. However some people are more resistant to it and does nothing for most of us.
Antidepressants¿

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I was thinking about elon musk's brain chip which apparantly cures depression, i would actually hate to see something like that cause i think it might control us like law abbiding robotors and it blocks all "wrong" thoughts. Imagine everyone uses something like that in the future and we become to controlled robotors that just work all day long without realising whats wrong about the wolrd. I think im getting of the question but that were just my thoughts...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, miguel6565, Good4Nothing and 6 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
There are many different classes of anti-depressants.

The most commonly prescribed are 'selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors' (SSRIs).

There are also TCA's (outdated), SNRIs, NASSAs, MAOIs, etc

Other brand new treatments such as esketamine are also on the market.

As has been stated many times on this site, taking anti-depressants/mood-stabilisers/whatever is all well and good (they do tend to have a positive effect on me personally) but if you're feeling bad about a practical real life situation (e.g. your financial situation, or an abusive relationship, say) then just being given tablets won't help with that in a tangible way.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I took some ketamine one time and all my suicidal thoughts evacuated like rats from a sinking ship. I was living the next few days in a completely fresh and strange state of mind that I could honestly not recognize after so long with these stupid ideas bouncing around in there. I almost don't recognize my own inner monologue without the negative spurning and the self-critical diatribes. It's like being introduced to yourself again for the first next time. Very odd. But also enjoyable - ketamine. Would do it again if I could get some, no question.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, miguel6565, Infinite Conscious and 3 others
pine3s

pine3s

Jan 27, 2020
I think im getting of the question but that were just my thoughts...
Your thoughts are spot on. This tech has been and will be used to manipulate and control, but it will be sold in a shiny box, wrapped in nice words about the possibilities for disabled people. The movie "The Minds of Men" (it's free to watch) sheds light on the horrible experiments done in the past on people. Thinking these experiments would have stopped just because the documents about them have surfaced would be naive.

Regarding this thread's topic: medication takes care of symptoms, not the causes. You can take all the medication in the world that distorts your perception enough to make you forget what made you sad in the first place, but it doesn't solve your problems. The entire idea of prescribing medication for factual problems is - in my eyes - insane. It's one of the biggest medical scams in recent history.

Reactions: miguel6565, Good4Nothing, Xocoyotziin and 2 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I took some ketamine one time and all my suicidal thoughts evacuated like rats from a sinking ship. I was living the next few days in a completely fresh and strange state of mind that I could honestly not recognize after so long with these stupid ideas bouncing around in there. I almost don't recognize my own inner monologue without the negative spurning and the self-critical diatribes. It's like being introduced to yourself again for the first next time. Very odd. But also enjoyable - ketamine. Would do it again if I could get some, no question.
They have Esketamine nasal spray (Spravato) that's apparently being labeled as an antisuicide/antidepressant drug. It has been advertised as "stops suicidal ideation within 4 hours", although that's not advertised on the FDA website. At this time it's only available for use in a doctor's office.

It's great to read you've had such a positive experience with ketamine, maybe they're onto something with the nasal spray.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, miguel6565 and sadworld
Tasdevil

Tasdevil

Student
Jan 20, 2020
I don't think any medication could stop people from having suicidal thoughts so many Antidepressants have the side effect of suicidal thoughts the meds I am on its a common side effect especially in high doses and I am on the the maximum dose. My suicidal thoughts began long before I was on this medication. some medications may reduce the suicidal thoughts but I don't think they totally stop those suicidal thoughts completely.

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I hope not.

@catalepsy
I think it's hardly a coincidence that a drug that simulates dying and distances you from the world also gets rid of depression so effectively in so many. Sure it's not that simple but at its simplest it appears to point very squarely at the culprit.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
But there already is one! It's just not... legal everywhere (and not always easy to acquire either). :aw:

JzOS

I wouldn't exactly call it a cure, but holy shit, if you could take this miracle medicine all day long, you could dismiss the suicidal thoughts with pro-life platitudes and actually believe them!

Reactions: miguel6565
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Really? Maybe its because I'm not that experienced with it but weed makes everything feel wrong to me.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Really? Maybe its because I'm not that experienced with it but weed makes everything feel wrong to me.

Maybe it doesn't work that well for everyone, but so far, it's the only one that has helped me at all.

Reactions: Sinkinshyp and Xocoyotziin
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
But there already is one! It's just not... legal everywhere (and not always easy to acquire either). :aw:

View attachment 44832

I wouldn't exactly call it a cure, but holy shit, if you could take this miracle medicine all day long, you could dismiss the suicidal thoughts with pro-life platitudes and actually believe them!
Best medicine ever!!!! ahahahah

Reactions: Sinkinshyp and Lost in a Dream
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
For people with Actual severe schizophrenia, one of the only medications that has been studied and has research backing up that it prevents suicide is clozapine. Unfortunately it's a pretty dangerous med

catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I hope not.

@catalepsy
I think it's hardly a coincidence that a drug that simulates dying and distances you from the world also gets rid of depression so effectively in so many. Sure it's not that simple but at its simplest it appears to point very squarely at the culprit.
The effects of the drug in lower doses are a lot like having your brain disconnected and reset. You just feel different than you did prior to taking it, after it's worn off. While you're on it, you're numb and cozy and comfy and nothing could possibly bother you (unless you took a lot, then you're in for a ride). I wouldn't say it simulates anything, though. It just acts on your nervosystem in a particular way that forces your mind you detach from conscious awareness and spacial perception. It's like falling into a pit without the falling or the pit. It's also a little janky in the lower doses, like reality has got some funky scratches in the grooves of its record and the spindle keeps jumping around - your perception kind of moves like that. I bet that made no sense at all. :ahhha:

View attachment 44832

Weed turns me into a crazy person. I used to smoke it every day with a group of friends, and then one day it started giving me anxiety and panic attacks, and i just stopped. Never picked it up again after that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Lost in a Dream
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I wouldn't say it simulates anything, though.
Higher doses do

Weed turns me into a crazy person. I used to smoke it every day with a group of friends, and then one day it started giving me anxiety and panic attacks, and i just stopped. Never picked it up again after that.
Same, minus the every day... and the friends lol. It makes me feel out of place and ashamed of everything I do or say. Like I'm being rejected by reality. It's hard to describe.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Higher doses do
How would anyone know? I've never experienced the thing it supposedly simulates in this discussion, so I wouldn't be able to recognize it if it smacked me in the face.

• Hugs
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
And then what? You live the rest of your life as an empty shell in an empty world?

In my opinion these thoughts are there for a reason and we should respect them

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and miguel6565
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
How would anyone know? I've never experienced the thing it supposedly simulates in this discussion, so I wouldn't be able to recognize it if it smacked me in the face.
I guess not, but I remember when I took it a part of my brain had some kind of primitive response and I instinctually recognized it as death, but it wasn't scary because of how detached I was. Then I had the sensation of my body and mind dissolving, getting smaller and becoming delocalized. The difference between it and what I assume death is is what followed, because instead of dissolving completely my experience of reality flipped on itself and became very vivid but completely introverted, having nothing to do with what was going on around me.

• Hugs
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I guess not, but I remember when I took it a part of my brain had some kind of primitive response and I instinctually recognized it as death, but it wasn't scary because of how detached I was. Then I had the sensation of my body and mind dissolving, getting smaller and becoming delocalized. The difference between it and what I assume death is is what followed, because instead of dissolving completely my experience of reality flipped on itself and became very vivid but completely introverted, having nothing to do with what was going on around me.
I think most dissociatives are like that. I used to actually dissociate when I was working this retail job in Florida. It was like I was watching myself from the vantage point of a fly on the ceiling, wondering what I might do next or what I was trying to do. I remember k was a little like that, but less disturbing. More enjoyable - like getting a chance to see the world without a focal point. Just floating perceptual awareness of everything at once. Try to focus and it's just not happening. You aren't there so much as all over the place.

• Hugs
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
The current mix of benzodiazepines and antidepressants has put me in a state when I am no longer obsessing about things that first drove me to get on this website (thank you for building this community, it has been the only thing I brought myself to focus on over the last few weeks). But honestly, and as stated before – there is no cure for factual problems in one's life.

As it happens, the current situation I find myself in is most immediately because of a 6 months long psychosis induced by smoking marijuana throughout which I ruined many relationships, lost a very good job and ended up completely lost and severely depressed. At the same time, the allure of weed was extremely strong as it was the first thing that gave me relief from years of depression and chronic pain – after having tried everything from psychotherapy, physiotherapy, medication, inpatient psychiatric treatments (including ketamine) to mushrooms, ayahuasca, huachuma, spirituality, pranayama, travelling, throwing myself into work... there just seems like there's no way out.

So I would say – if MJ wouldn't put me into a manic state (as it simply does for a certain section of the population) I would definitely use it long-term. There is something to it that just makes existence bearable and even enjoyable. I hope that it will enter the therapeutic mainstream, because I believe it could help a lot of people (as opposed to medication with its side effects and dubious mechanism of operation). Alas, after what I've done to ruin every aspect of my life, I can't even fathom a future... even without the pain. So coming back full circle – there is hardly any cure for factual, life problems.

• Hugs
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
@catalepsy
Huh, I used to dissociate in high school and I remember it being very different from drug-induced dissociation, though similar in some ways. I retained a focal point but it was shutting out more information. It didn't have the same expansive properties, it was still fixated on me.

Anyway what I really mean to say is that I think there are cognitive conditions that ketamine induces that can fit into a conceptual, non-scientific framework that explains why it's so effective for treating depression. It's pretty intuitive, if the world and your own self are burdens then disconnecting from them lightens or erases that burden. The fact that ketamine is so effective at treating depression suspiciously points to the experience of the world and one's own self being burdens and being a causative factor of depression, and that there's a deeper meaning to it than a "chemical imbalance", unless that chemical imbalance is the one that causes us to perceive reality lmao.

Death is hopefully similar to ketamine in treating depression this way, but taken to an extreme.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020

View attachment 44832

Agreed. Unfortunately the last couple of days the weed has made me pretty emotional. I think I need to switch to a sativa strain. The indica right now is making me feel bad. It's not completely a downer for me because I'm trying to tread to above some serious shit. :/ I will say the panic attacks don't happen when I'm high.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Lost in a Dream and miguel6565
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Wouldn't a medicine to cure people of the desire to prolong people's suffering by preventing them from committing suicide be better?

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
V

voyager (D)

Jul 14, 2020
The psychiatrists told me that no other psychotropic drug can counteract suicidal tendencies as effectively as lithium.

But as you can see, I'm still on the suicide forum.. :hihi:

Last edited:
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Well, technically there are already meds that supress suicidal thoughts. However these ones are prohibited and causes lots of negative side effects. Opiates can make even the biggest pesimist an optimist. The only problem is that they're addictive as hell and they worsen mental illness in total.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Lithium exists, actually. It's proven to help reduce suicidal thoughts.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
probably not in time for me to ever use it